The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2781  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,479
Why did Pippa hire a PR person in the run-up to her wedding if she didn't want anybody talking about her wedding? Harry was mentioned on that press release but I haven't noticed Harry fans salivating over whether Meghan would be there or not.

This wedding has always struck me as being more a media beat up than anything.

I don't believe huge members of the public (certainly not H and M fans) are calling up the DM and jamming up the airwaves wanting to to know every detail of the arrangements.
__________________

  #2782  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,463
Your right strange to hire PR extra security I would understand. And to say George and Charlotte have an official role is wrong. They will walk down the aisle that is all nothing official about that. Cute yes official no they aren't signing anything at their age.
__________________

  #2783  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Your right strange to hire PR extra security I would understand. And to say George and Charlotte have an official role is wrong. They will walk down the aisle that is all nothing official about that. Cute yes official no they aren't signing anything at their age.
Not official with a capital 'O' but with a small 'o.' It's pretty big for them to be in the wedding though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2784  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,942
I don't see it as that big. For Pippa they are simply her niece and nephew. Like Harry being page boy for his maternal uncles wedding, it happens. We see young royals on the continent often doing so.

Now if she had a royal she wasn't related to, like some reason Mia was asked to be with George, I would find that more newsworthy. Mia may be untitled but she is a queens grandchild and unrelated to Pippa.

Or if one of the kids was in the wedding of a friend like if Charlotte was flower girl if her godfather remarried. Because that isn't family, and not expected. Be almost as big for a couple, as it is to have had their kids in the royal wedding,

The most news worthy about the release was Harry attending, the Cambridges were a given.
  #2785  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:45 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see it as that big. For Pippa they are simply her niece and nephew. Like Harry being page boy for his maternal uncles wedding, it happens. We see young royals on the continent often doing so.

Now if she had a royal she wasn't related to, like some reason Mia was asked to be with George, I would find that more newsworthy. Mia may be untitled but she is a queens grandchild and unrelated to Pippa.

Or if one of the kids was in the wedding of a friend like if Charlotte was flower girl if her godfather remarried. Because that isn't family, and not expected. Be almost as big for a couple, as it is to have had their kids in the royal wedding,

The most news worthy about the release was Harry attending, the Cambridges were a given.
I think it's pretty big that the kids are participating in the wedding. Also, everyone will be going nuts over the pictures. The grown ups attending was a given and normal, but the Cambridge kids is the icing on the stale wedding fruit cake.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2786  
Old 05-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,942
People would go crazy over a picture of them any time. By hiding the kids to such extreme extent, they drive up demand for photos. It has nothing to do with it being a big deal they are in a wedding, and everything to do with photos. Other than one photo for her birthday, last time we saw them was Christmas. Honestly if they want more privacy for their kids, releasing the rare photo taken by mom so no intrusion, would help.
  #2787  
Old 05-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,973
I don't think William is ever going to buy into that Countessmeout...the idea that if they provide more pics the media will back off.

The only time we ever saw the media back off of W&H was after the media were involved in the death of their mother and that was only up to a certain point.

They are releasing photos taken by Kate every few months. The media will keep pushing no matter what...there's never going to be an 'ok we have reached saturation point' with them.


LaRae
  #2788  
Old 05-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Why did Pippa hire a PR person in the run-up to her wedding if she didn't want anybody talking about her wedding? Harry was mentioned on that press release but I haven't noticed Harry fans salivating over whether Meghan would be there or not.

This wedding has always struck me as being more a media beat up than anything.

I don't believe huge members of the public (certainly not H and M fans) are calling up the DM and jamming up the airwaves wanting to to know every detail of the arrangements.

Did Pippa really hire a PR person, or is that another speculation by the press?
Even if she did, many celebrities hire PR experts to keep them out of the papers, not in.

As for people wanting to know the details, every mention of this wedding attracts hundreds of comments. (Sure, they are mainly to the effect that no one cares, but then why bother to comment?)
  #2789  
Old 05-13-2017, 12:51 PM
mgrant's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Charleston, United States
Posts: 644
Ok Royal Fourm members. I want to see lots of pictures from Pippa's wedding. I know you can do it. You always do! I can't wait!
__________________
Optime positum est beneficium ubi meminit qui accipit. Syrus, Maxims
  #2790  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:12 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,454
"Next Saturday, the 12th-century church will be filled with dozens of expertly sourced and arranged flowers as Pippa Middleton marries James Matthews in front of members of the Royal family, high society and a fair few celebrities – the groom’s brother appears in the reality television series Made in Chelsea."

We need more gold paint! Village in frenzy ahead of Pippa's big day
  #2791  
Old 05-15-2017, 05:44 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,454
Pippa Middleton installed a giant 100,000 pound glas structure in the garden of her family home

Pippa Middleton has HUGE glass marquee installed in garden | Daily Mail Online
  #2792  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,463
If this is true I'm speechless
  #2793  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 PM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 334
It's gorgeous. I'm glad they're doing the wedding they want and not worrying about how people judge them for it.
  #2794  
Old 05-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,479
It's an Orangery style structure, isn't it? Apparently that particular catering firm specialises in them. It will probably look spectacular on the day. The price of it keeps going up and up, though. I've seen £75,000 quoted elsewhere.

I think deals have probably been done everywhere for this wedding. Firms, designers etc always fall over themselves to discount for clients holding high profile events. I don't believe this wedding is coming anywhere near the totals the tabloids have been speculating on.
  #2795  
Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I think deals have probably been done everywhere for this wedding. Firms, designers etc always fall over themselves to discount for clients holding high profile events. I don't believe this wedding is coming anywhere near the totals the tabloids have been speculating on.

I read they turned down the magazine exclusives though.
I think well of them if it's true, I think those things are tacky.
  #2796  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I read they turned down the magazine exclusives though. I think well of them if it's true, I think those things are tacky.
I'm disappointed.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #2797  
Old 05-16-2017, 01:25 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,942
It looks like a greenhouse. Luckily she has the budget to spruce it up, becayse right now looks like going to the nursery to buy plants. Interesting to see what it looks like with decor and flowers.

Hopefully they have fans or such. Even in May it's likely to be quite warm in there.
  #2798  
Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm disappointed.


I am too I really thought she wouldn't go down the celebrity way.
  #2799  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:44 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,082
I'm trying to understand why folks, who's not paying for this wedding, passing judgement on her and her family? If I'm not writing the check, it's none of my business and the lady can have the wedding of her dreams.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2800  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:06 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I am too I really thought she wouldn't go down the celebrity way.
Hos is she going "down the celebrity way"?
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 458 09-10-2017 03:10 AM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises