The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

If I were Pippa, I'd go for a dress with some color, to get away from memories of that sleek white bridemaid's dress.

Then she could have the rest of the wedding party in white! Choose something surprising.

(Although when Earl Spencer's first wife wore gold, I seem to remember that absolutely no one liked it- except Barbara Cartland. But who wants an endorsement from someone so addicted to pink feathers?)

Old 04-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

What about something in black? Scroll down!

https://au.pinterest.com/explore/col...dding-dresses/

Old 04-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am looking forward to seeing George and Charlotte in all their finery on "the" day and I bet they're both really excited about what they are going to do, and maybe even having wedding practices in the kitchen with a Lupo in a starring role as the bride.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Not to mention Marvin the hamster as bridesmaid!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ok. I had another brain blip. What if Pippa went totally unique. Perhaps reverting to a 1940s style dress and instead of a veil, wears a hat with that netting stuffs that goes over the eyes? Is she that much of a traditionalist that she wouldn't consider something like this?

I did find a 1940s style dress I think would look great on her.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28851253835019674/

It's called a bird cage.

That style us extremely popular now. Pretty mainstream, not unique now.

I don't think we will see a birdcage. It's too similar to a fascinator. Her wedding is meant to be something different.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
What about something in black? Scroll down!

https://au.pinterest.com/explore/col...dding-dresses/

I think the black dresses are gorgeous(although I wouldn't go with unrelieved black).

But I also like the ombre, and those that are white with just a touch of color.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Do we think Pippa will wear a tiara for her wedding?
Old 04-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

She might but I hope not. I believe Pippa wants a contrast between her sister's wedding and her own and a non Royal tiara would be a pale imitation, I think. It might be different if she was marrying an aristocrat. However, I'm hoping for something different in the hair and headdress department. A nice large piece of jewellery pinning the veil perhaps.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

I am probably the only one that really wants this to be just an old fashioned small family/friends only wedding. Traditional gown [no bare shoulders] men dressed traditionally and children seen only in procession in church then tucked away with sitter rest of day so adults can enjoy the event. No little darlings running around at reception making noise and being a pain when they are actually too young to even realize what the event is all about. But, they are close family and belong for photos. The only ones making a big deal about all this is the media and most of them are scum anyway. Pippa has never gone out of her way to invite but has continued her life without interviews or selling her time. In fact, she has much more class by just keeping a calm pleasant face than some of the other "dates" of royals that hide their faces and almost look annoyed or mad all the time. So I don't ever blame Pippa or her brother for the stories written about her, just the mutated media. She is just a normal young woman. I am sure that if the media followed any of us around like they do her, tons of people would find us non-interesting with no proper role also. Just a boring normal human living life without wanting handouts from the government and asking for nothing but happiness. JMHO
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Do we think Pippa will wear a tiara for her wedding?

I doubt it.
Stephen Jones was seen with Carole, so if he is designing a special headdress for Pippa it almost certainly won't include a tiara.

(Though I suppose he could be designing for Carole).
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I dont see her going for a tiara for two reasons

1 She won't want to be compared to Kate

2 Brides without any aristocratic roots wear tiaras as they seem to be going for a princess like look. I don't see Pippa going for the princess ball gown, not just because of her sister.

I don't see a fascinator. But I think she will have jewelry it something in her hair. I am starting to imagine a Downtown abbey or Gatsby style, dress and hair ornament wise. I think the style suits her. And it would also be sleek and unlike Kate while different enough from her infamous bridesmaid gown.

http://flyawaybride.com/downton-abbe...wedding-gowns/
http://chicvintagebrides.com/art-dec...r-accessories/
Old 04-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I am hoping she'll wear a nice veil and maybe a small headpiece of some sort that goes with the veil.

Honestly some folks cannot be believed...it's her sister's children, her niece and nephew she's having in her wedding (and possibly her sister) it's not the 'royals' she is having. If she was interested in trading on that she could of done a big all out wedding (not like she doesn't have the money to do it) and made a big to-do. Instead it's a small (relatively speaking) private wedding.

Really if you don't like her then don't post in threads about her.

LaRae
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that this thread has been tidied up to remove disruptive/empty posts that add nothing to the discussion - subsequent responses have also been deleted.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton's fiance has had to swallow a £370,000 pay cut

http://dailym.ai/2pgogTc
Old 04-15-2017, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Pippa Middleton's fiance has had to swallow a £370,000 pay cut

Pippa Middleton's fiance has swallowed a £370,000 pay cut | Daily Mail Online
If true, ouch! That's a huge loss, but a sign of the times at that level.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they will sell the wedding photos now !!!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Maybe they will sell the wedding photos now !!!
Ah! Ha! Yes!
Old 04-15-2017, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Not happening!

It's one thing to cash in indirectly through association (I'm sure PP did well out of it's royal association), but a blatant cheque in hand for the couple following pics of their royal bridal party members is not something Carole for one would allow.

He probably won't even notice it anyhow!
Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Not happening! It's one thing to cash in indirectly through association (I'm sure PP did well out of it's royal association), but a blatant cheque in hand for the couple following pics of their royal bridal party members is not something Carole for one would allow.

He probably won't even notice it anyhow!
Carole has that kind of clout? Strange.

I would have no problem with them getting paid for a spread. Why not? Perks happen all the time for social reasons, why should this be any different? Far less egregious than some perks I know of.

Not sure I agree about the loss. That loss is 2/3 of total value. That's huge.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Carole has that kind of clout? Strange.

I would have no problem with them getting paid for a spread. Why not? Perks happen all the time for social reasons, why should this be any different? Far less egregious than some perks I know of.

Not sure I agree about the loss. That loss is 2/3 of total value. That's huge.
She's the Machiavelli of the class warriors, just through her sheer existence.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton