The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Prince William represented his father at this service (not funeral).
Yes, he did. But it didn't say that's the only reason he attended. Since he was there it made sense for him to also represent PoW.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yes, he did. But it didn't say that's the only reason he attended. Since he was there it made sense for him to also represent PoW.
William appears to be quite close to both if Marfaret5's children, and I think that is why he went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Yeps.. its her wedding. Its her day and its her prerogative who she invites to the wedding and the reception and its also her prerogative to whom she has in her wedding party. All the discussion has stayed on topic surrounding this one day in Pippa and James' life.

Amid a lot of media speculation and just plain made up stories, a lot of details about the wedding has been quite foggy and when we get some credible clarification (such as Harry being invited), its open for discussion. That's OK too.

At least the prime secret is being kept very heavily under wraps and that is what Pippa will wear on her day. I'm thinking simple, minimalistic and elegant and not too much in the bells and whistles department. Pippa will wear the dress rather than the dress wear Pippa.

At least that's what I think anyways.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Brudesmaid is pretty standard in England, at least in upper class weddings. Notice Kate had no flower girls, she had four bridesmaids. Including two toddlers. The term is used to refer to any female attendant in a wedding.
Quite right, most if not all UK royals or royal by marriage brides have bridesmaids not flowergirls, regardless of age, even those barely turned two! Kate's youngest were three I think.

The main point was, as the only bridesmaid announced (alledegly!), Charlotte will not be the only one! So, a possible Kate as MofH, and/or who else?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A thought occurred to me. If Kate was to be the Matron of Honor, what better way to do things than to have the Matron of Honor proceed up the aisle with the littlest bridesmaid in one hand and the most charming "big page boy" in her other hand? Mom's in control that way.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd really be surprised if Kate were to be the Matron of Honor.
I think Pippa's attendants will be unmarried; she is supposed to be quite traditional.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I do think Giles Deacon is considered the front runner designer. I am really hoping for a look akin to Charlene of Monaco, and with something different, as she had, pinning the veil.

I think Charlotte will undoubtedly look adorable at the wedding. However she is very very young to be a bridesmaid. She may still be in nappies. I hope the arrangement is for her to toddle up the aisle following the bride and then be quickly whisked away to sit with her parents or nanny. I remember the Yorks wedding and although little stools were provided for the small attendants William, who was then just four, became very, very bored during the long service and the photos are still around to prove it! (I think George will be a good boy.)
Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not that I know a lot about wedding dresses or even Pippa's taste for that matter, looking at the links you provided, Countessmeout, I am wont to predict that from Neville, Pippa's choice will be leaning towards the Monet and from Deacon, something along the lines of Charlene of Monaco's.

Then again, we could always be knocked out of our socks by Pippa totally losing all sensibilities and wearing something along the lines in the first photo of this link.
I
19 Strange And Outrageous Wedding Dresses

Comic relief is such fun!
Giles Deacon didn't design Charlenes Her dress was Armani.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Which designer is considered more top-tier?
Neville or Deacon?

I expect Pippa's choice will be Deacon; he seems more innovative, somehow.

(But as long as Pippa doesn't choose one of those horrible strapless dresses. I'll be happy).
Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Majesty

That's what I was thinking too. No strapless gown please!! As Pippa doesn't seem to have much of a exhibitionist nature about her, I'm leaning towards a dress that isn't strapless as her choice.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The strapless look has been in for far too long, and people who should never ever wear the style have worn it on the most important day of their lives.

I can't see Pippa in a strapless gown. I hope it's not lace, as it's not a favourite of mine but it may well be. Long sleeved perhaps, and streamlined, I can't see her in a wide skirt.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Pippa should go for a soft, yet firm dress like CPss Mette-Marit or Lady Sarah Chatto

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTqH...husetdotdk.jpg

http://i.skyrock.net/8577/77698577/p...7_gPKhXow1.jpg

I can't imagine her going all fluffy and princessy.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think those two dresses might be too similar to Kate's in style. I do prefer Lady Sarah's dress to Mette-Marit's.

She could easily pull off a loser/flowing sheath type dress. I don't imagine anything to tight or fashion forward.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Its been a very long time since I've had a reason to let my fingers do the walking through wedding dresses. What will be fun is to see how close our guesses on the dress come to the real thing Pippa wears after the wedding is all said and done.

I've found two dresses out of a zillion I've looked at (used search words sophisticated wedding gown) so, these are my choices that I think would suit Pippa.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/174514554286188499/
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/489485053228884544/

One thing I think too with a more minimalistic type of a wedding dress, it will easily fit in with whatever decor Pippa wants or if she's going for a theme such as vintage and just about any flower will work from wildflowers to exotic.

This might not be a royal wedding in definition but its good practice for us to guess and talk about a wedding until the real thing comes along.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the Rosa Clara dress at all but of course I love the other one. It would definately suite Pippa.

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/489485053228884544/

LaRae
Old 04-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't look twice at the Rosa Clara either if it was selecting a dress after my own taste. Somehow it did impress me that it would be something that Pippa would be drawn to for its simplicity.

Its also sleek enough to accentuate her fine toned body without being suggestive.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

My initial thought was that Pippa would choose something sleek and minimalist, but then I thought that she'd definitely want to avoid anything reminiscent of THAT bridesmaid's dress!

So perhaps she'll go for something more flamboyant?

What about a color other than white or cream?
Pippa seems to prefer vibrant colors. Red?
Old 04-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wouldn't look twice at the Rosa Clara either if it was selecting a dress after my own taste. Somehow it did impress me that it would be something that Pippa would be drawn to for its simplicity.

Its also sleek enough to accentuate her fine toned body without being suggestive.

It's too matronly or something for Pippa. I don't think it would do anything for her.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
My initial thought was that Pippa would choose something sleek and minimalist, but then I thought that she'd definitely want to avoid anything reminiscent of THAT bridesmaid's dress!

So perhaps she'll go for something more flamboyant?

If you mean like ruffles/feathers etc? Maybe something modern but not sure about frilly or lots of detail.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

I have always thought that Lady Sarah Chatto's dress one of the loveliest wedding dresses I've ever seen. I think something simple like that would look great on Pippa.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Ok. I had another brain blip. What if Pippa went totally unique. Perhaps reverting to a 1940s style dress and instead of a veil, wears a hat with that netting stuffs that goes over the eyes? Is she that much of a traditionalist that she wouldn't consider something like this?

I did find a 1940s style dress I think would look great on her.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/28851253835019674/
Old 04-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

She could wear almost anything really and look good. Except a big dress might overwhelm her since she's pretty small framed.

LaRae

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/21673641932665911/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366832332122587657/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462252349230211328/

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton