Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I've found this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...70423741083649

According to speculation on the news feed, KP stated that 5 royals will be in attendance.So, if we count the Cambriges and Harry out, who are the other two? Bets on.
William, Kate, George, Charlotte and Harry make five royals, I think.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Did anyone actually find the press release from KP that the press is saying went out? I looked earlier and could not find it.
Was it released and then yanked off the appropriate sites? Was it ever released?
I can find numerous press outlets saying there was a PR from KP - but no actual PR?

Old 04-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined...70423741083649

The statement send to the press corp.
There apparently was information about media access basically it's a rota with a limited amount of spaces that was being discussed on Twitter by Tim Rook who is a photographer
Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
We already have a preview of what type of photos we are going to get from last Christmas. It's the same church.
Not entirely. Christmas was general mass, open to parishioners and their families. Security would be more lax. This is a private wedding.

George no surprise. Little surprised by Charlotte, she will be bareky two. The three year olds at Kate's seemed just old enough.

Wonder if they will all be young. Kate had a range. I don't know about any other friends, but I know her friend Alice has a daughter Rose who is a year or so older than George (mentioned as possible okay date for George).
Old 04-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The people at Church at Christmas didn't take photos during the service. What we saw was walking from the car to the door and then the reverse door to car. That's basically what we see at these society weddings the arrivals and departures.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but you have to have access to the church grounds to take those photos. Photographers had access because the estate was open to allow parishioners to attend service. That won't be the case with the wedding.

There is two options 1 Pippa allows photographers outside, perhaps limiting how many 2 they are long distance photos taken from the edge of the property.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Did anyone actually find the press release from KP that the press is saying went out? I looked earlier and could not find it.
Was it released and then yanked off the appropriate sites? Was it ever released?
I can find numerous press outlets saying there was a PR from KP - but no actual PR?

Also AdmirerUS - why is toddler Charlotte announced as being a bridesmaid - not a flower-girl?

Even junior bridesmaids are at least nine/ten years of age. A toddler bridesmaid? Really?

(And why mis-spell Middleton in the heading?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterH...083649/photo/1
Old 04-10-2017, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Also AdmirerUS - why is toddler Charlotte announced as being a bridesmaid - not a flower-girl?

Even junior bridesmaids are at least nine/ten years of age. A toddler bridesmaid? Really?

(And why mis-spell Middleton in the heading?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterH...083649/photo/1
In the UK it's seems customary to use the term bridesmaid to refer to all female attendants of the bride. If you look at royal weddings, it's the same. Grace and Eliza were three and referred as bridesmaids.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

They are limiting the number of photographers and where they can take pictures

Name:  IMG_2172.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  49.7 KB
Old 04-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I find it totally appalling that some photographers could even think to be snubbed by a limitation of photographers at a private wedding held in a private venue for two private people.

Having a profession as a photographer and working to earn a living by selling pictures of subjects to various media does not in any way, shape or form mean that they should immediately always have access to whomever they want.

Some people!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

A wedding is only a public event when it is being funded by the public. Private citizens, even those whose sister is a duchess, pay for private weddings.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:46 AM
Majesty

Exactly. Whatever beef that one photographer has was left out way too long in the sun and it seems caused a spell of food poisoning.

Just because a person is well known to the public and there's public interest in this person, no one has the right to infringe on their privacy. I don't care if they're royal, they're celebrities or the next inmate to be executed on death row.

If Pippa and James were going to be married in front of the statue of Lord Nelson in Trafalgar square, it would be assumed that the more, the merrier and come one and all as its public. Imagine the traffic jams!!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Nobility

I really don't get the fuss about Pippa. She's not royal by blood, she and the Middletons did not become royal upon Kate's marriage to William, and she will not become royal upon her own marriage. Pippa has not accomplished anything great in her own right. The Middletons have been knocked for being social climbers, and the wedding press seems to play into that.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Majesty

She's a sister-in-law to a future king and aunt to another future king along with having a Duchess for a sister and a Princess for a niece.

As the public loves to follow the Cambridges, Pippa got caught on the coattails of the interest. None of the Middletons are at fault for attention seeking or social climbing. The media makes money off of them so therein lies the blame.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I really don't get the fuss about Pippa. She's not royal by blood, she and the Middletons did not become royal upon Kate's marriage to William, and she will not become royal upon her own marriage. Pippa has not accomplished anything great in her own right. The Middletons have been knocked for being social climbers, and the wedding press seems to play into that.

I don't get this either. I really hoped she would have a family wedding. She's not royal and this is crazy
Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It's George and Charlotte. 4 Cambridges + Harry =5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
William, Kate, George, Charlotte and Harry make five royals, I think.

Yes, I got that later. I guess, in my twisted mind "senior royals" were associated with adult ones.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I agree this wasn't a good look for Pippa. And I feel a little bad for her because like others mentioned I'm pretty sure this half-brained idea was spearheaded by KP staff who were tired of getting phone calls on the subject. So lackadaisical they couldn't be bothered to double check that they spelt Middleton correctly on their press release.

So W&C&H look fickle on their privacy vs. public interest stance. And Pippa looks self-important. But hey, KP staff have it easier for themselves in the short run, so that's all that counts. Of course, in the long run they've dug themselves a deeper hole and will now be asked much more Middleton related questions in the future.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Middleton's are the future King's in-laws and the family of the future Queen. This has put them in the spotlight and there's media interest in them and their weddings. I guess some are too young to remember the huge interest there was in the Spencer's. It's been years, but they too had the medias interest.

The Cambridge's and palace official maintains their stand on privacy and public interest. They're just being realistic about the media interest in this wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I agree this wasn't a good look for Pippa. And I feel a little bad for her because like others mentioned I'm pretty sure this half-brained idea was spearheaded by KP staff who were tired of getting phone calls on the subject. So lackadaisical they couldn't be bothered to double check that they spelt Middleton correctly on their press release.

So W&C&H look fickle on their privacy vs. public interest stance. And Pippa looks self-important. But hey, KP staff have it easier for themselves in the short run, so that's all that counts. Of course, in the long run they've dug themselves a deeper hole and will now be asked much more Middleton related questions in the future.
KP's PR has never been of high-standards, and I'm not surprised by the misspelling of names in their press statement. What's puzzling to me is that, didn't Pippa hire a PR firm that was once hired by the Beckham's? They should know that KP releasing a press statement for a private citizen is going to come with backlash from the public, no matter that 5 senior royals are going to be in attendance.

I do not know how PR works in the Royal Family, but William, Kate and Harry should hire a new PR firm to manage their public image. It is not looking good, and that is coming from a Cambridge's and Harry's fan.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, if one even exists. I agree that the Middletons have at times, seemed a bit...eager, but in the case of Pippa's wedding, surely you would expect her sister, her brother-in-law, and their children to attend. I don't think Prince Harry needs to be there, but the Cambridges have every right to attend. Because they're going, it will undoubtedly be a circus, but what is the alternative? Not going at all?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton