The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't remember them releasing a press statement for this, though it's possible, I didn't follow the royals as closely back then. I hope they didn't or I can't write this off as a one time mistake.
It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?
Exactly. It's not unusual for press to be informed that such and such will attend a funeral etc, even when they are not there in official capacity. But because it involves the middletons people make it a bigger deal than it is.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
It's just sad when KP doesn't know what it's doing.
I think KP know exactly what they are doing. This is an event in which there is a lot of public interest, especially relating to the roles of G&C. By putting the announcement out, they have ended all speculation.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's face it, this will be the most talked about wedding until Harry ties the knot.

Much more interest for Pippa's wedding than for Bea or Eug. I think it's best to just inform the press who's attending and get it over with.

This way if photos get leaked, it won't come as a complete shock.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see how releasing this information is any different from them releasing information about Royals attending memorial services like we just saw with Lord Snowdon or the Duke of Westminster. Both of those events were private events but it was announced that royals were attending prior to the event
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Royal journalists on twitter are already grumbling about KP doing press releases for the "non royal" Middletons.
I'm sure they are (they grumble about a lot of things), but this shouldn't be put on the Middleton family, or used as "proof" that they are social climbers.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a press notice to the media (not public) explaining that there will be a media facility at the wedding.

Imagine the scrum if there wasn't.

Security is going to be tight.

So not your usual family wedding really.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't see how releasing this information is any different from them releasing information about Royals attending memorial services like we just saw with Lord Snowdon or the Duke of Westminster. Both of those events were private events but it was announced that royals were attending prior to the event
No different. It just gives people something to moan about
Old 04-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is a press notice to the media (not public) explaining that there will be a media facility at the wedding.

Imagine the scrum if there wasn't.

Security is going to be tight.

So not your usual family wedding really.

It's very exciting to hear there will be a media facility at the wedding- that makes it sound like Pippa is acknowledging the reality that the public is interested in her wedding and working with the media to accommodate that in the best way possible. I hope this means we get some nice pictures of arrivals and departures, and that the reception, etc stay private as that's probably what they'd like.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
No different. It just gives people something to moan about

And moan they will!

I just read this on the DM site- and the comments are filled with people screaming Nobody cares! This isn't news and Pippa isn't royal!

And yet-This was just announced and there are nearly 300 commentsalready! How many will there by by the end of the day?

It's just funny how many people take the time to read and post comments about an event they are so uninterested in.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

I've gone from aghast to highly amused, part of the 5 stages of surprise maybe?

We didn't get press releases for which royals would be attending the Christenings of Savannah, Isla, and Mia but for this we do. We don't even know their godparents.

I will get a good chuckle when going forward KP will have to field media questions over engagement rumors of James Middleton and other personal Middleton family milestones. KP will grumble and say "no comment", but really the fault is their own.

I'm now kinda hoping KP releases Pippa's wedding photos through their Twitter. If you're in for half go for whole. It would be funny.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I will get a good chuckle when going forward KP will have to field media questions over engagement rumors of James Middleton and other personal Middleton family milestones. KP will grumble and say "no comment", but really the fault is their own.

My POV is that KP was simply sick of being asked about it. So they decided to confirm in hopes of getting a little peace.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess Pippa had 2 options. Involve the press and have a semblance of order, or try and freeze out the press and have a free for all.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Commoner

I think there is really no winning for Pippa. If she tries to ignore the press, reporters will moan. Now she's trying to involve the press, people are moaning.

All I care is that George and Charlotte are acting as page boy and bridesmaid respectively. It would be great if we can receive photos of them since critics are always grumbling that William and Kate never releases photo of their children
Old 04-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Majesty

I've found this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...70423741083649

According to speculation on the news feed, KP stated that 5 royals will be in attendance.So, if we count the Cambriges and Harry out, who are the other two? Bets on.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to Pippa and James' wedding day, the only thing I hope for it that the day is exactly as they want it to be. A celebration of their love for each other and their friends and family. They're really all that matter.

The public, the media, the weather and the gossip columnist trying to make a fast buck are all purely externals and do not matter. I'm just hoping for a smooth sailing day and that everything goes happily according to plan (with maybe a few cute mishaps by cute little kids that just happen to make the day).
Old 04-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I've found this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...70423741083649

According to speculation on the news feed, KP stated that 5 royals will be in attendance.So, if we count the Cambriges and Harry out, who are the other two? Bets on.

It's George and Charlotte. 4 Cambridges + Harry =5
Old 04-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

KP announced the attendance of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, with Prince George being a pageboy and Princess Charlotte a bridesmaid.

There will be a media facility to help accommodate the intense press interest.

Not sure what people wanted, but this seems like a reasonable accommodation.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

It looks like Laura Lopes' and Melissa Percy's weddings - a lot of pics outside and privacy inside.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

We already have a preview of what type of photos we are going to get from last Christmas. It's the same church.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton