The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Why such the long delay for this to come out? According to the story, the Middletons paid for the private jet. That's seem made up. Normally we see the Cambridges use a plane from the Duke of Westminster's fleet. Also the part about the chalet owner giving them various gifts is super fishy.

Plus it seems unlikely for Kate to leave the kids right before they are going to leave the kids for the Paris trip.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing of this holds water for me.

Sharing a jet with William thohgh going to other countries. And chartered by the Middletons and not borrowed from Westminster.

Unless they never left the chalet, there is no way Kate would not be spotted. Or pippa. How is it that it took this long for the story?

I don't see both Kate and William leaving the kids right before Paris.

Seems like a bad pr job.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I could buy Pippa wanting a ski trip and it's getting more common to have bachelorette/hen parties earlier before the wedding- because it gets so busy close to the wedding. I could also buy them being discreet enough to not get caught out- one of the things about skiing is that the clothing can help people blend in- goggles and helmets go a long way, and if they were heli skiing instead of going up the lifts, privacy would have been easy.

But it seems weird that Kate and William would go away the same weekend on fun trips, instead of staggering it to be with the kids.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:19 AM
Nobility

It's not at all uncommon for hen parties, or as is becoming more and more the case hen weekends, to be held several months before the wedding. I attended one just last weekend and the wedding's not until August. It's also more often than not now that these weekends are held quite far from home, either abroad or at the other end of the country.

If William and Kate were away at the same time, it would actually be quite clever. You force the usual paps who follow them around to have to make a decision on where to go, which to cover, possibly then ensuring the other a greater level of privacy. Who knows?
Old 04-03-2017, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
It's not at all uncommon for hen parties, or as is becoming more and more the case hen weekends, to be held several months before the wedding. I attended one just last weekend and the wedding's not until August. It's also more often than not now that these weekends are held quite far from home, either abroad or at the other end of the country.

If William and Kate were away at the same time, it would actually be quite clever. You force the usual paps who follow them around to have to make a decision on where to go, which to cover, possibly then ensuring the other a greater level of privacy. Who knows?

I hadn't thought of that- the angle of confusing the paps. And honestly, William getting a little bad coverage would fade faster than it would for Kate. The public often expects less of dads than moms. Plus it would help give Pippa the weekend she wanted.

Hmm. I hope this is true.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt that this true but even if it is true it doesn't change my opinion about Wills behavior.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

If Pippa already had her Hen party, I'm glad she had a good time. Don't like talking about William's trip.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit that I hope there's good coverage of Pippa's wedding.
I expect her dress to be outstanding!
Old 04-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I have to admit that I hope there's good coverage of Pippa's wedding.
I expect her dress to be outstanding!
I am looking forward to see the clothes the Duchess of Cambridge wears at her sisters wedding.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

It would be nice to get some nice coverage of the wedding. Some nice pictures and perhaps some video.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Considering that during the Leveson Inquiry tabloid editors revealed they were receiving 400+ paparazzi pictures of Pippa each and every day (a number which still astonishes me), I'm gonna guess the press are going to be all over her wedding. I hope it doesn't ruin it for her and her family. Some coverage is to be expected but the British press have never chosen to err on the side of caution.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Considering that during the Leveson Inquiry tabloid editors revealed they were receiving 400+ paparazzi pictures of Pippa each and every day (a number which still astonishes me), I'm gonna guess the press are going to be all over her wedding. I hope it doesn't ruin it for her and her family. Some coverage is to be expected but the British press have never chosen to err on the side of caution.

I think they'll have to- I'm sure we'll get pictures outside the church, but any other photos would probably have to be released by the couple themselves- the reception being at the Middleton family home, squarely on private property, should help.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think they'll have to- I'm sure we'll get pictures outside the church, but any other photos would probably have to be released by the couple themselves- the reception being at the Middleton family home, squarely on private property, should help.
The church is also on private property accessed through a private road, so there might not be that many pictures outside the church either. Probably will be pics of people in their car as they drive into the private road of the church, and as they drive towards Middleton Manor.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The church is also on private property accessed through a private road, so there might not be that many pictures outside the church either. Probably will be pics of people in their car as they drive into the private road of the church, and as they drive towards Middleton Manor.
I hope for the same coverage as on this Christmas.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I hope for the same coverage as on this Christmas.
Unlikely. The church was open to the public for Christmas service hence the paparazzi used that loophole to be on the private property. This will be a private wedding at the church, therefore the public aka paparazzi, won't have the right to be on the church's private property or their private road. So instead of the close range pictures from Christmas, you'll more likely see long range photos and the paparazzi camped out at the junction where the private road starts.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Unlikely. The church was open to the public for Christmas service hence the paparazzi used that loophole to be on the private property. This will be a private wedding at the church, therefore the public aka paparazzi, won't have the right to be on the church's private property or their private road. So instead of the close range pictures from Christmas, you'll more likely see long range photos and the paparazzi camped out at the junction where the private road starts.
I think it all depends on how the family and security work with the media. They may allow some media to be present outside the church. It's their job to help control the media interest in the wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it all depends on how the family and security work with the media. They may allow some media to be present outside the church. It's their job to help control the media interest in the wedding.
Both the bride and the groom are private citizens. They owe the media nothing, especially considering how nasty the tabloid press is to them and their family and friends. Why should she let the paparazzi make bank at the expense of her guests' comfort and privacy.

You may want to look at pictures, but frankly Pippa owes you nothing.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Both the bride and the groom are private citizens. They owe the media nothing, especially considering how nasty the tabloid press is to them and their family and friends. Why should she let the paparazzi make bank at the expense of her guests' comfort and privacy.

You may want to look at pictures, but frankly Pippa owes you nothing.
I know Pippa and James owe the media and us nothing. I'm just saying they know the media will be all over this wedding. It's best for the families, church and security to work with the media on pictures outside of the church. Let's be realistic here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know Pippa and James owe the media and us nothing. I'm just saying they know the media will be all over this wedding. It's best for the families, church and security to work with the media on pictures outside of the church. Let's be realistic here.
I'm sure the security will enforce the 'no trespassing' onto private property, if that's what you mean by working with the media.

The media never got pictures of Catherine attending her Uncle Simon's wedding in 2011, or pictures of her attending her Cousin Adam's weddings a few years ago. I guess her uncle and cousin weren't being realistic, but they lucked out nonetheless.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

No, Pippa doesn't owe the media or public anything as a private citizen. However, private citizens don't usually hire PR representatives. Pippa has done so, which shows IMO a desire to control her public image to a certain extent.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton