The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
... This is a smaller venue, if Harry somehow makes the cut (doubtful), it would be beyond rude for him to insist they give one of their limited seats to his gf, who is likely a complete stranger to them.

When William and Harry attended Tom Parker-Bowles wedding they did so without Catherine and Chelsy. Neither appeared put-off by not getting a plus-one...
Yes, and I believe Wills and Harry also attended their friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, TN (to American heiress, Lizzy Wilson) without bringing any plus ones.

The whole rumor/ expectation that Harry would be attending Pippa's wedding and bringing Meghan was cooked up by the media who apparently had time on their hands and no factual-based news or M&H public sightings to dish.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Yes, and I believe Wills and Harry also attended their friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, TN (to American heiress, Lizzy Wilson) without bringing any plus ones.

The whole rumor/ expectation that Harry would be attending Pippa's wedding and bringing Meghan was cooked up by the media who apparently had time on their hands and no factual-based news or M&H public sightings to dish.
Yes, they attended guys alone. But Harry was single at the time, having broken up with Cress in April. And the Cambridges were returned from Australia hardly a week before and she opted to stay home with nine month old George.

A wedding close to home, when he has a girlfriend, is another matter.

But still not holding my breath that this is anything but hot air and wishful thinking. If nothing else but Meghan will be filming in Toronto. It's not likely she would head to England for a wedding of a woman she likely never met. Even if Harry us invited which we don't know if he was.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Courtier

I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!
Harry and Catherine are close? hmm. I think they're friendly but I don't know that I'd call them close.

I don't really agree that Harry and Pippa run in the same social circles. Pippa didn't attend the weddings of any of Harry's best friends - Jake Warren, Guy Pelly, Tom Inskip. And Harry didn't attend the weddings of any of Pippa's - Rowena Macrae, Benjamin Fitzherbert, Alice St. John Webster.

At least Eugenie is friends with James Middleton, not that I expect her to be invited.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

James and Eugenie's time at Marlborough overlap a bit. So they may share some mutual friends. Plus we have seen them at the same events like Eugenie's costume birthday party. We don't see Pippa and Harry hanging out.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

I agree on the first point. Though I would also see them refraining from an invite, too, with Harry fully complicit. At their social level I doubt they don't consult each other on such things. But for the second point, I could see it going either way: Meghan may just be too busy with work to attend (if the chance arises) but if she makes the effort, it's a serious thing and I would start agreeing that they are looking at a long relationship (not necessarily marriage, though, I'd expect to see them living together for a year or so before that peeks over the hedge ).
Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Just because you are close to your sister in law means little. I am very close to my brother in law, closer than my sister. I have met his twin numerous times, usually at Christmas. Doesn't mean I'd invite his twin to my wedding. My brother in law yes, but not his family.

Now if there was any evidence that they socialize outside of things like parties for the Cambridges, then that may be different. But there is no evidence they do.

Nor do I think friends of siblings will be included. Like suggestions his brothers celebrity coworkers will come. Or Eugenie as she had friends in common with James Middleton.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

But no one here honestly knows the relationships, how often they socialize privately, etc. Total unknown, unless someone is willing to be photographed or let slip a story.

On the whole I think they all do their best to avoid that to maintain a private life. That's how I see it, anyway. Actually, I would guess it's because Pippa's wedding will be semi-private that decisions will be made with an eye to that privacy, rather than social 'statements'.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe because the church holds 150. It's not Westminster Abbey with 1000 + people. Half of the church is probably full just from family. So casual acquaintances aren't making the cut.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.
His niece and nephew, if they are, are involved because they are her niece and nephew. This has nothing at all to do with Harry. Everyone has two sides of their family. if you were in a wedding for your aunt on your mothers side, would you expect your dads brothers to be invited

Neither pippa or Harry have a very private social life. Harry doesn't have a private estate to hide a party away at like Amner. If he and pippa were socializing outside Cambridge events, it would be known. Maybe not every single time but some times. There is no sign since the wedding if this happening.

The church is small. It's a stretch to think Harry will be invited just to see George be a page boy.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.

LaRae
Old 03-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Well, his niece was a participant in her own Christening and he didn't attend. I can't see where George being a page boy at someone else's wedding would trump that.

Why would Pippa invite Harry? If she had some large venue that sat 500 people I think there's a good chance he would get a courtesy invite. But a venue of 150? Do you really believe Harry cracks the list of the top 150 people closest to Pippa and James? Has he even met James?

Pippa has a lot of friends. As we see she is a regular wedding-goer. I doubt she's even going to be able to fit in all her own friends when you take into account that James probably gets 75 of those seats for his own friends and family.

Then there are some claiming Meghan should get an invite at the expense of another one of Pippa's friends not getting invited. Has Meghan even met Pippa?

I'm afraid I don't see it from your viewpoint.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.

LaRae
I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this.

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?

Because her sister is married to him....

Yes her sister's BIL, whom she also knows (how well we don't know because we don't know who has visited who behind the scenes at various family things).

I don't know if he will go or not, however I would not be at all surprised for him to be invited to her wedding.

LaRae
Old 03-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I think the people who believe Harry and Pippa are close behind the scenes because their siblings are married, are the same people who in 2 months are going to expect Catherine and Spencer Matthews to become close just because their siblings are married. And if someday Spencer marries and Catherine doesn't attend even though Pippa's children are in the wedding, they'll make this face .
Old 03-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.
He spent time with her six years ago. That's hardly any sign of a friendship. When you have limited room. Many people don't make the cut. Your actual family, and close friends come first. We know she has an extensive social circle. I highly doubt someone she has known since college will get the bump for her brother in laws brother. She only gets about 75 invites, as James gets guests too.

Under your argument, Charles and Camilla should be the ones getting invited. Yet I see no one suggesting they would.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.
Out of curiosity, how large were your venues? And were you both social butterflies - like Pippa - with dozens of friends? Did you have to exclude some of your friends to invite your siblings' in-laws? Had your siblings' in-laws met the groom prior to the wedding?

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton