The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Love that coat!

Old 12-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Checking out the venue, Pippa? Bride-to-be and fiance James Matthews attend the church where they are rumoured to be marrying next year for a Christmas service with Kate, William and the Middleton clan | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-25-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa looked quite nice. Liked her scarf and coat. Her fiance looked quite good too

Nice he joined the family. If it is where they get married, they likely couldn't help but picture their wedding just a bit, as they sat through service.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

I consider Pippa as one of the winners in 2016. Looking forward to see her gown :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite liked her coat.....not so much the pattern of the scarf.

I am going to guess her wedding dress will be very sleek and designer. But nothing resembling her maid of honor dress.

LaRae
Old 01-01-2017, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I can't see the York's even being invited. They are not part of Pippa's family or close friends. If it is to be a small family wedding, only the necessary people will get actual invitations. I think that Pippa knows exactly how she wants her own wedding to be and she will stick to that plan. Everyone with critique every aspect of the event anyway. There will be fault finding and nasty remarks especially on Carol who has never put a foot wrong in public, but is hated for giving birth to a future queen of England. Carol is blamed for being a social climber. No one has ever witnessed this fact. She attended only functions where she is invited with calm grace otherwise goes along quietly in her business and personal family responsibilities.
Agree 100%. But I also feel that this is so clearly a private event that the critics will have to back off. Glad to hear the date, though I am disappointed it won't be a winter wedding. Still, May is lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I consider Pippa as one of the winners in 2016. Looking forward to see her gown. :)
Agree. Am so curious about the gown and overall look of the wedding.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:14 AM
Majesty

GIRL ABOUT NEW YEAR: Pippa's family are trying to save the pennies as her wedding is set to cost a fortune* | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-01-2017, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quiet news day!

With the couple involved I doubt money will be the issue ..... just how to spend it!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
None of the Middletons ever came across to me as being overly extravagant people. While they most likely do not have to pinch the pennies and squeeze a pound out of a pence (I think I got that right), they are able to afford quality and I'm sure that Pippa's wedding will be exactly as her and James hope it to be.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Courtier

It's already been reported that the wedding will be local for the bride and the reception held at home, marquee style.

I doubt a sale on the PP website was prompted by money worries on the Middleton's part regarding the cost of the wedding as suggested by the article . Money wise, both sides, Pip and Jim can go for anything they want as privately as they want.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The tabloids looked into this around the time of Kate's marriage. The DM figured the family was worth somewhere around £30 million. Probably much more now. I doubt Pippa is having to count her pennies.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

After Christmas is a traditional sale time for many stores, move out the old merchandise to make room for the new. It has nothing to do with Pippa's wedding.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Oh please. Another made-up story. Just to whom did Carol and Mike admit that this wedding of Pippa's would cause them to count pennies. Another media person wanting their names in the paper. It is not Pippa's family that look low middle class [which the media loves to yell] it is the editors and writers of this silly crap that prove their improper upbringing.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Oh please. Another made-up story. Just to whom did Carol and Mike admit that this wedding of Pippa's would cause them to count pennies. Another media person wanting their names in the paper. It is not Pippa's family that look low middle class [which the media loves to yell] it is the editors and writers of this silly crap that prove their improper upbringing.
Exactly so. That's the general impression made, especailly when one finds oneself confronted by an individual making wild class claims against the Middletons (as I have experienced - unpleasant). These articles are written to appeal to those with these class sentiments (imo).
Old 01-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

It's funny because the DM made such a hub-bub when Michael Middleton paid cash for a £900.000 Chelsea flat for Catherine and Pippa.

It was the DM that brought in financial experts that said the Middletons were worth £30 million. Now they're penny pinchers
Old 01-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Majesty

indeed, silly reporting. it is just normal that sales occur at this time of year.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's just an excuse to get the Middletons in the papers- again!

The press knows the Middletons are clickbait, no matter how ridiculous the story is!

(Both the Middletons and James Matthews have plenty of money; I don't think anyone is counting pennies for this wedding).
Old 01-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everybody who has a brain knows the Middletons aren't counting pennies for Pippa's wedding. Fake news.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah because a retail store is having a sale right after Christmas, sure sign the family is scrambling for money for the wedding
Old 01-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

How those naughty Middletons
Making money like they are meant to do with a business. It's sale time for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton