The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I was a May bride too! We had an outdoor wedding and fortunately the rain held off that day!

LaRae

Old 12-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa isn't having an outdoor wedding. It's in a church and her parents own a large manor house.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Did someone suggest she was marrying outside?

LaRae
Old 12-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

It's just the custom at many British weddings that guests and the bridal party gather for a while outside the church following the ceremony. Photographs of a less formal nature are taken during this time, especially by people who might not be going on to the reception. This procedure could be a bit difficult if it's bucketing down with rain.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The family home is large, five reception rooms. But none of the rooms are overly grand. It would not be easy to host a sit down dinner for a hundred guests or so. It seems likely an outdoor tent on the grounds may be used.

ROYALTY: Kate Middleton’s family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire
Old 12-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa can bring back that yurt she used on New Years Eve ⛺️
Old 12-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah yes, the kata/tipi

Kate Middleton and Prince William mark their 1st New Year in a reindeer herder's tent | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't there an old superstition that says it is bad luck to get married in May?

(There's also one that says it is bad luck to wear green at a wedding- I think.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong; anyway, it's just superstition).
Old 12-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wonder how large the wedding will be?
They both know loads of people, or will they limit their guest list to family and close friends?
i am guessing the middleton's house is a large house, as a residence, but not that large to accommodate a big wedding party, so my guess is that this will be a mid-sized wedding. personally, i think they want to keep it low key, intimate and only with those very close to them, so i am guessing 100 maximum.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

They can put a big tent on the grounds.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i am guessing the middleton's house is a large house, as a residence, but not that large to accommodate a big wedding party, so my guess is that this will be a mid-sized wedding. personally, i think they want to keep it low key, intimate and only with those very close to them, so i am guessing 100 maximum.
Even if they only have a hundred, the chances of it bring indoors is slim. Unless they have a stand up reception. Their house is large but they would have to spread out through many rooms. A tent is far more practical if the reception is at the manor.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They can put a big tent on the grounds.

I hate those tent weddings!
Never any decent rest-rooms, and it just doesn't feel comfortable no matter how elegant the furnishings.

I much prefer a unique venue, like a historic site or a museum. Even a hotel would be better.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It is great to hear the date of the wedding confirmed. The sound of spring flowers as wedding decorations inside the church sounds beautiful! I myself prefer more traditional venues like places of worship or a country house (but I'm going to a family friend's wedding in September and she's getting married at the Eden Project in Cornwall, which is alternative but I do think it sounds like a fun place to have a wedding; I'm rather excited for it!). It appears that it will be a much smaller affair than her older sister's wedding, which is obviously expected. I wonder how much media coverage we'll get.

I hope that the popular suggestions of Prince George and Princess Charlotte as the page boy and bridesmaid are true; but I think George is more imaginable as a page boy as Charlotte still seems too young for me. By her aunt's wedding she will be just over 2 (I've always thought that 3 or 4 seems the best "starter age" for page boys and bridesmaids, but of course, different families do things differently).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Isn't there an old superstition that says it is bad luck to get married in May?

(There's also one that says it is bad luck to wear green at a wedding- I think.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong; anyway, it's just superstition).
'Marry in the month of May and you will surely rue the day' is an old English saying. It was supposedly unlucky from ancient times as there was a Roman festival for the dead held in the month of May.

Yes, green was considered unlucky for brides to wear as it was thought to be the colour of fairies and other supernatural beings, and they might come and carry her off!
Old 12-10-2016, 04:05 AM
Courtier

I wonder if a research was carried out on all the divorces over the last twenty odd years and the month of the actual marriages(!) what would be the outcome?!

Believe I did see something a while ago when it was revealed that Pippa would be having a local wedding (as most brides do!), that there would be a marquee set up on the fairly newly established Middleton estate. They have moved a few miles but a million pounds in property terms since the Royal family seal, so as marquee's go, expect one fit for any weather, never mind royalty!
Old 12-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa looking lovely as usual

Quote:
As the day of her wedding draws ever closer, Pippa Middleton's to-do list is likely to be extensive.

But the bride-to-be, who will marry her financier boyfriend James Matthews at her local village church in Berkshire in the spring, still found time to surprise heart patients by dropping into a charity afternoon tea in Belgravia in London.

The British Heart Foundation ambassador was a surprise special guest at the Charing Cross support group's tea on Sunday, where guests enjoyed beetroot falafels and oaty drop scones taken from Pippa's new 'heart healthy' recipe book.
Read more: Pippa Middleton joins patients at Grace Belgravia for British Heart Foundation tea | Daily Mail Online

Pippa Middleton surprises Heart Support Group by visiting for afternoon tea
Old 12-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
'Marry in the month of May and you will surely rue the day' is an old English saying. It was supposedly unlucky from ancient times as there was a Roman festival for the dead held in the month of May.

Yes, green was considered unlucky for brides to wear as it was thought to be the colour of fairies and other supernatural beings, and they might come and carry her off!
I never heard of these unlucky sayings. Glad my mom and dad didn't as they married in May and stayed that way for 67 years until dad died and my sister also in May and remained until her husband died after 55 years of marriage. Wonder if they would have picked another month if they knew of this saying!!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:02 AM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton co-ordinates her coat with her Aspinal handbag as she steps out in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

Cute coat!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Another story about her walking please tell me this is in a fashion and lifestyle section of the paper she not considered news

I am more interested in the dogs. Both are do cute, I love James' lab.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton