The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Majesty

AdmirerUS, those are my thoughts on pippa too.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

On one hand, I'm very dubious of these tabloid claims. They got so much wrong with their "exclusives" for the Cambridge wedding. Off the top of my head, I remember the tabloids claiming that Earl Spencer would give a reading at Royal Wedding, they also claimed Elton John would be singing at the Royal Wedding. The Diana obsessed tabloids were projecting their wants onto William.

In Jan 2011, they claimed William was inviting Fergie to the wedding, because he is so fond of her, much to the fury of Philip. A month later, after the wedding invitations were sent, they moaned that petty William hadn't invited Fergie and hadn't spoken to her since his mother died. They aren't very consistent with their stories...

That being said I can see Pippa wanting a smaller wedding. This is the same woman who once wanted to marry on a tennis court, in her sports clothes. I can see her being more interested in having a fun reception party, than her caring about some mega glitzy ceremony.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Nobility

To be fair, this isn't a Daily Mail story: they lifted it from an Emily Andrews exclusive in the Sun. So if one believes Andrews' sources to be generally good (as, for example, many did with the "William never shows up to work" story), then this story should be given some weight.

With that said, I was curious about why, if the story is true, they'd choose St. Mark in Englefield, since it's a fairly torturous drive from Bucklebury according to Google Maps and the Bucklebury church is much closer and similarly sized. Then I looked closer and realized why it might be appealing. The reason for the torturous route is that many of the more direct routes are actually on a private estate, specifically Englefield, as is the church itself: "Englefield is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, mostly within the bounds of the private walled Estate of Englefield House." The church appears to have no fully public access; any road that leads to it has gates that can be closed.

If they are getting married there, I suspect that access will be restricted.

As for Scotland, Glen Affric itself only has 11 bedrooms, and everyone else would need to stay in Inverness, which is a 45 minute drive away.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
To be fair, this isn't a Daily Mail story: they lifted it from an Emily Andrews exclusive in the Sun. So if one believes Andrews' sources to be generally good (as, for example, many did with the "William never shows up to work" story), then this story should be given some weight.

With that said, I was curious about why, if the story is true, they'd choose St. Mark in Englefield, since it's a fairly torturous drive from Bucklebury according to Google Maps and the Bucklebury church is much closer and similarly sized. Then I looked closer and realized why it might be appealing. The reason for the torturous route is that many of the more direct routes are actually on a private estate, specifically Englefield, as is the church itself: "Englefield is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, mostly within the bounds of the private walled Estate of Englefield House." The church appears to have no fully public access; any road that leads to it has gates that can be closed.

If they are getting married there, I suspect that access will be restricted.

As for Scotland, Glen Affric itself only has 11 bedrooms, and everyone else would need to stay in Inverness, which is a 45 minute drive away.
St. Marks makes more sense than the closer Bucklebury church, because the Middletons appear to be members of St. Marks. It's the church they were pictured attending for Christmas 2012. Like you said it's on private property, on a private road, so when they issued a complaint about the Christmas 2012 pics, all the UK publications were forced to take the pics down.

It will make things very difficult for the UK press to publish pictures of Pippa's wedding. Though the unethical foreign press won't give a damn and they'll publish.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post

It will make things very difficult for the UK press to publish pictures of Pippa's wedding. Though the unethical foreign press won't give a damn and they'll publish.

I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that both the UK and the foreign press will publish tons of pictures- even if they have to tunnel through the private estate!
Old 10-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that both the UK and the foreign press will publish tons of pictures- even if they have to tunnel through the private estate!
Yes, I agree. The sleaze media will do their best to disrupt a private wedding just because they want to, if in fact Pippa wants a smaller wedding. I honestly don't believe she wants a blown out circus with her face plastered on every low-class tabloid throwaway. Those tabloids are the ones that call her and parents greedy and social climbing. Neither have ever voiced that opinion and sent out messages on their where-a-bouts to be photographed. Unlike a lot on this forum, I give this family credit for weathering the press into their lives and still not tell them [as Princesses Anne did] to BUGGER OFF. Pippa's immediate family have come off still a happy close knit group with self class, making their own money and head held high. Good for them.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Trying to compare the two weddings is ridiculous. They are in two different situations. William and Kate would have probably preferred a more low key wedding in Berkshire because that's not possible with their position as the future King and Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-30-2016, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds wonderful and the location perfect. Now when? Winter or spring? And then the baby.....
Old 10-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Courtier

By far the most sensible - and media wise, controlable - thing to do!

Party planner Carole must be in her element!!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:06 AM
Majesty

Judy Wade reveals why Kate Middleton won't be Pippa's maid of honour at her wedding | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Is this another "opinion" made-up article written by outsider. Did Pippa tell Judy Wade her reason that she wasn't have her sister as MOH. Did Carol Middleton tell Judy that she wanted the reception at her new home so she could show it off? I think not. The headline of "Wade reveals why Kate Middleton won't be Pippa's MOH" intimates that she is knows. Baloney, she is just making up a story to get her name in print. Beside, I personally think it is quite disrespectful and low-class for Judy Wade to address Prince William's wife as Kate Middleton and not properly her married name and title. Judy Wade's immediate boss and editor must be very lax and lazy in their jobs.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I never expected that Kate would be a bridesmaid for Pippa. It just didn't seem likely.

I think it will be a lovely wedding, probably in the spring.
St. Mark's is a really pretty church:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...Q3CXgQoioIeDAS
Old 10-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Nobility

I fully expect the DOC to be the matron of honor. As close-knit as that family is, I will be surprised if Kate isn't her sister's key supporter.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I fully expect the DOC to be the matron of honor. As close-knit as that family is, I will be surprised if Kate isn't her sister's key supporter.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried.
I think the royals still stick to that.

(I know Pippa isn't royal, but I thought they might keep to the tradition, though it is very outdated).
Old 10-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you also have to factor in Kate's position as a member of the royal family. Theoretically she is the 3rd ranked lady in the land.

We saw Margaret be a bridesmaid at Elizabeth's wedding but the Queen didn't return the service.

If George and Charlotte are in the wedding, Kate is going to needed to help getting them down the aisle from the front of the church. So I think she does a reading but not a bridesmaid.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

They don't do a Matron of Honor in bridal parties in the U.K.?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Having married matrons of Honour is fairly unusual in the UK, especially in the upper levels of Society.

I saw a few MOH when I was a teen at middle class weddings I attended, but it seems to have died out really, in recent decades. Adult sisters and close friends as bridesmaids yes, but they're generally unmarried.

On the other hand children are still popular as bridesmaids/pages, so there may be some little attendant from the groom's side as well as George and Charlotte. (Im still pretty sure of George but at just two in May next year Charlotte may still be too young to even attend the wedding. Even George will be a very young pageboy.)
Old 10-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think there's a chance William and Harry act as ushers at the wedding. I'm wondering if invitations will be extended to Charles and Camilla? I think the York's will attend.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Lets be practical - have you seen the size of that church?

Lets assume 150 guests. We dont know the size of his wider family and we dont absolutely know the size of the Middletons either.
Then there are friends and colleagues - are we at 150 yet?
Then there are family friends, godparents etc.

I think Pippa's relationship with the royal family is that she knows them but she isnt close and doesnt mix on a regular basis. I can see H being invited but no one else.

As for C&C? Her brotherinlaws father? I would guess no.

as a separate thought, the security will be very tight.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-31-2016, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Why would Harry act as an usher? Does he even know James Matthews? James would have his own set of friends and if he wanted James Middleton and William to draw from as ushers.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton