The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

I really don't undestand all this fuss around Pippa, Catherine's Meddleton sister, sure she has a nice figure, but nothing excptional, and her face in my humble opinion is less than average!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Sephora, I myself also don't understand the hoopla, it's not like there isn't other things happening in th world. I'm a big supporter of William and Catherine but can't made up my mind on why Pippa has receive so much attention. sure her body looked good on that dress, but why put her on the cover of People?! clearly there is a public for that, just can't really tell why.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I really don't undestand all this fuss around Pippa, Catherine's Meddleton sister, sure she has a nice figure, but nothing excptional, and her face in my humble opinion is less than average!

I agree with you
Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Pippa Middleton spotted in Madrid | Mail Online
Old 05-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Commoner

The media fascination with Pippa Middleton

What do you all think of the sudden media fascination with Pippa Middleton? She has been pictured with Kate for years yet the public interest was nothing like it is now. Her bridesmaid dress was beautiful but she is not in the public eye, Is it fair of the press to hound her? Personally I thought it would have died down by now but I see she is on the cover of American People magazine instead of Wills and Kate.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Uggghhhh. A nice girl, but I am officially sick of her - and through no fault of her own!!! She was beautiful at the wedding, did herself proud, full stop!!. The press needs to stop with the "Her Royal Hotness" and "Perfect Pippa" stuff. Let us all move on. All this coverage of her is too much!!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Uggghhhh. A nice girl, but I am officially sick of her - and through no fault of her own!!! She was beautiful at the wedding, did herself proud, full stop!!. The press needs to stop with the "Her Royal Hotness" and "Perfect Pippa" stuff. Let us all move on. All this coverage of her is too much!!
I totally agree with you Queen Penelope
what is enough, is enough
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

The media is going to focus on Pippa because they think people want to read about her. The Facebook page, the clicks on articles about her, the yahoo search numbers, etc. Its all about numbers.

That and she is not an unattractive girl, there is an interest in Kate (and her family), etc. Plus, Kate is not available right now, and its easy to focus on someone they see out and about.

Hopefully, they will start to back away and let the girl have some room. If not, the backlash should start hitting in a couple of minutes. You know how some in the press like to build a person up, so that they can tear them down. Already posters in the DM are wondering why the press is following her.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Courtier

I agree with you Zonk. Hopefully for Pippa the press will begin to leave her alone. She's conducted herself well thusfar, seems nice, so for her to be built up and tore down in the press is really quite a shame. I can understand the interest, but to find articles about her daily 2 weeks after the wedding is too much!! Seriously!, let her be!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I agree with you Zonk. Hopefully for Pippa the press will begin to leave her alone. She's conducted herself well thusfar, seems nice, so for her to be built up and tore down in the press is really quite a shame. I can understand the interest, but to find articles about her daily 2 weeks after the wedding is too much!! Seriously!, let her be!
Two weeks after the wedding it seems the stories are both Pippa and Beatrice's hat. There is only so much you can write about either one of them and they will eventually fade away into obscurity. With Wills and Kate away privately, there's no stories there and nothing overly scintillating is attracting attention in the BRF. Couple more weeks from now the media will have more fodder as "Finding Sarah" hits the airwaves. I can see it now...

Reporter to Andrew: What did you think of "Finding Sarah"?
Andrew: "I didn't know she was lost".

Well that's the end of my daily dosage of witticism for the day.. nap time!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that Pippa adores attention of public and media
What an oarsome trip: Pippa's Madrid trip continues with one of Britain's richest men | Mail Online
Old 05-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Really? Did you expect her to enter a nunnery after the wedding? Seems like she is just getting on with her life, which can include taking a break with friends. The press will follow her as long as she sells papers regardless of how she feels about it.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Really? Did you expect her to enter a nunnery after the wedding? Seems like she is just getting on with her life, which can include taking a break with friends. The press will follow her as long as she sells papers regardless of how she feels about it.
Y'know I can really imagine Pippa going "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... NOW they can't follow my sister, they're gonna stalk me". Could be too she was a decoy for the press to distract the honeymoon. They got wind of a trip to Spain. I don't see Pippa in any way being a person to "play the press" and I would hope if it continues, she takes legal action.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Pippa Middleton holidays in Madrid - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm really sorry, but despite that Pippa was magnificent at the wedding generally there is NO COMPARISON at all with the Duchess of Cambridge!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know I can really imagine Pippa going "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... NOW they can't follow my sister, they're gonna stalk me". Could be too she was a decoy for the press to distract the honeymoon. They got wind of a trip to Spain. I don't see Pippa in any way being a person to "play the press" and I would hope if it continues, she takes legal action.
An interesting theory.....press decoy. Here I thought maybe Pippa is going to turn into the Royal Family's new Sarah Ferguson. Although I like the idea of Pippa marrying the future Duke of Northumberland and becoming a future Duchess.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
An interesting theory.....press decoy. Here I thought maybe Pippa is going to turn into the Royal Family's new Sarah Ferguson. Although I like the idea of Pippa marrying the future Duke of Northumberland and becoming a future Duchess.

Oh My God. IF also Pippa marries into aristocracy.... imagine her mother's triomphe.....
Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Oh My God. IF also Pippa marries into aristocracy.... imagine her mother's triomphe.....
Somehow I don't think that Carole Middleton is too happy with her daughter's renewed friendship with Earl Percy. It could be read (not sure how true it was, though) that the Earl and Pippa were some sort of item till William split up with Catherine in 2007 and that Earl Percy left Pippa as soon as it seemed her sister was not going to become a future queen because of his family's contempt for the middle class Middletons. Now that Catherine is safely married to William, he's back? And the Middletons should rejoice? No way. No decent parents would feel triumph and I believe the Middletons are more than decent but nice and lovable people. If Earl Percy wants to marry someone connected to William, he should offer for one of the York-girls.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

I have been wondering if the trip by Pippa was a decoy!!

But there is also the option that organising a wedding is so tiring for all involved!!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
. Although I like the idea of Pippa marrying the future Duke of Northumberland and becoming a future Duchess.
I thought the same thing and could actually see Kate and Pippa giggling and saying ''hello duchess'' to eat other- that's what Id do with my sister just for kicks :)

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton