Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of eliminates any prospects of the honeymoon being in a cold environment. :lol:

Yes, I'd say a couple of weeks at Eden Roc are a distinct possibility!

But the daily mail is full of bs. Claims a wedding of 400 people including the cast of his brothers television show. They may want to research size of the church. Harry is an aquaintance at best, and will wait to see if he even attends.

They may intend to have only a small number of family and close friends at the ceremony, but then have a much larger reception. Lots of people do that.

Anyone want to take bets on how soon both Kate and Pippa drop this lady as a swimwear designer?

Loose lips sink ships...

Harry is - reportedly - going to be spending quite a bit of time in Toronto over the next few months where the next Invictus Games are taking place, happily enough for Meghan and himself so maybe not even be in the UK at the time of the wedding. If invited and attending, can see no reason why his very much GF wouldn't be with him. As previously said, it's a family not public event.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Harry isn't a member of Pippa's family and there is no evidence of him being anything more than a casual acquaintance. All of him attended to debut Meghan is Daily Mail gossip column fodder and when he doesn't go it will be spun by the Daily Mail that Meghan didn't want to upstage the bride not Harry wasn't invited.

Last edited:
You are correct SKIPPYBOO, Harry is not part of Pippa's family. Since is wants a family affair, why would she even consider inviting a relative of her brother-in-law? She would have many more to consider in her own circle of friends before delving into her sister's new family and all that would entail. I don't believe for one minute that Pippa is worried about being upstaged on her wedding day. She will have her family/friends wedding and I believe [and sincerely hope] have a great future life. JMO

I suspect Harry has spent some time at Cambridge gatherings which included the Middletons, didn't James and Harry play football together the year that the Cambridges hosted the Middletons at Christmas? Any birthday events for the Cambridge children would include Uncle Harry & his nephew George may be in the wedding. Pippa and Harry spent some time together in the lead up to the Cambridge wedding & both attended the Percy wedding as Pippa is very close to Earl Percy, they may have both attended other weddings (I can't offhand remember.) Thus, it wouldn't surprise me if Harry was invited to Pippa's wedding, after all William only has one sibling.

Last edited:
I really don't think that Harry will be invited. Of course the families mix when there's an event like a birthday or holidays but other than that, I don't think Harry spends very much time with either Pippa or James outside of those events for family.

When my ex brother-in-law married, although he and my brother got along famously at family gatherings I hosted, my brother wasn't invited to the wedding. He was a family acquaintance. I expect the same with Pippa's wedding. If she's wanting to have an intimate wedding that includes people she really cares about and is close to, I would imagine Harry would be quite far down the line of people to invite.

Then again, I may be wrong. We have no clue really how close Harry is with the Middleton siblings at all. I'm just going by my own personal experience.

I suspect Harry has spent some time at Cambridge gatherings which included the Middletons, didn't James and Harry play football together the year that the Cambridges hosted the Middletons at Christmas? Any birthday events for the Cambridge children would include Uncle Harry & his nephew George may be in the wedding. Pippa and Harry spent some time together in the lead up to the Cambridge wedding & both attended the Percy wedding as Pippa is very close to Earl Percy, they may have both attended other weddings (I can't offhand remember.) Thus, it wouldn't surprise me if Harry was invited to Pippa's wedding, after all William only has one sibling.

This is pretty questionable. Harry has spent the last two summers in Africa. He wasn't at Charlotte's Christening, either.

There's also no evidence that Harry has ever met the groom. I don't think Harry is all that close to the Middleton family.

I really don't think that Harry will be invited. Of course the families mix when there's an event like a birthday or holidays but other than that, I don't think Harry spends very much time with either Pippa or James outside of those events for family.

When my ex brother-in-law married, although he and my brother got along famously at family gatherings I hosted, my brother wasn't invited to the wedding. He was a family acquaintance. I expect the same with Pippa's wedding. If she's wanting to have an intimate wedding that includes people she really cares about and is close to, I would imagine Harry would be quite far down the line of people to invite.

Then again, I may be wrong. We have no clue really how close Harry is with the Middleton siblings at all. I'm just going by my own personal experience.

That's totally normal. Charles Spencer wasn't invited to Andrew and Sarah's wedding, even though Diana and Sarah were best buds. And Westminster Abbey is like 6 times the size of St. Mark's, so the Yorks had a lot more room for courtesy invites than Pippa will have.

Last edited:
:previous: My bird (who is taking a sabbatical from adorning my posts) passes on a thank you for a wonderful bird cage liner article. :lol:

Not worth even clicking on but that's the Daily Mail for you.

It must be the slowest day ever for the dailies!

Seriously? As if a Mids is going to dictate to a Royal re. their Plus One status! Assuming the Royal is even considering gracing the Buckleburry Bash with his or their presence!

Seriously? As if a Mids is going to dictate to a Royal re. their Plus One status! Assuming the Royal is even considering gracing the Buckleburry Bash with his or their presence!

And assuming Harry is likely to be invited!

If it's a relatively small wedding, why would he be? It's not like he socializes with Pippa or James, and they have many more acquaintances they are more apt to include.

But- as you say, a slow news day, and it's clickbait.

(Still- wasn't it the case that Camilla was not allowed to sit with Charles at a society wedding, and that made him determined to marry her?)

If it's true I don't blame Pippa for not wanting to have her wedding turned into a 3 ring circus.

Of course they can dictate invites, it's their wedding. The late Duke of Westminster and the van Customs had no problem with not letting HRH Charles and his gf Camilla sit together, much to the rumored chagrin of Charles. The royals are there in a private capacity, they can't just pull rank and make all the decisions themselves.

This is a smaller venue, if Harry somehow makes the cut (doubtful), it would be beyond rude for him to insist they give one of their limited seats to his gf, who is likely a complete stranger to them.

When William and Harry attended Tom Parker-Bowles wedding they did so without Catherine and Chelsy. Neither appeared put-off by not getting a plus-one. Though the hacking trial revealed Harry said he'd rather be at Katie Price's wedding than Tom's :lol:, so maybe he was secretly peeved.

Last edited:
Absolutely! The Royal wedding is coming up on six years ago and apart from 2 christenings Harry has been out of the orbit of the Middleton clan so, unless Wills pushes for invites, why should Harry fall foul of an invite? It sounds like it's going to be a relatively quiet homegrown family affair, and why not?

Don't know about the C&C episode, when was that?

When was the last time we have even seen Harry and Pippa together in the same place? Christmas 2015? Harry spent the past 2 summers in Africa missing both Charlotte's christening and George's birthdays. He didn't join with the family celebrating Catherine's birthdays in Norfolk. Maybe they were both at some wedding since 2015?

However, there is no indication that they are anything more than casual acquaintances. Harry isn't part of Pippa's family. We see the Queen and Philip entertaining the Middletons more the Charles or any other royal not named Cambridge.

The church that Pippa is getting married is the same one that they went to Christmas service last year. It's not super huge. There will be limited amount of guests there. So it's going to be family and close friends. Harry is neither family or close friend.

It's all just click bait. The Sun even had an article that said that Kate not wanting to steal Pippa's spotlight was going to stay back and watch all the kids from the guests because no one was going to bring their nannies. Get real.

The people that invite the royals to their weddings arent worried about the royals stealing the attention away from them folks. Go back to royal family reels on British Pathe and you will see what I mean.

William and Kate are attending Pippa's wedding not as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but as her sister and brother in law. George and Charlotte aren't Prince and Princess of the U.K. but her nephew and niece.

She isn't inviting Royals just to have Royals there. The Cambridges are her immediate family.

William and Kate are attending Pippa's wedding not as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but as her sister and brother in law. George and Charlotte aren't Prince and Princess of the U.K. but her nephew and niece.

She isn't inviting Royals just to have Royals there. The Cambridges are her immediate family.

They're family, but they're also senior members of the royal family. With them comes more media attention no doubt. Just stating that when royals are in attendance to these weddings, no one is worried about the royals stealing their thunder. Never have.

It's more that people who watches the royals attend weddings are more worried about the royals stealing the attention away from the brides. People have to learn to get over these worries.

When my husband and I married, we did not invite either mine or my husbands sisters then boyfriends to the wedding. Neither of us knew the men in question very well, so the question of inviting them was never raised, by anyone. I think the DM is just being naughty here. Slow news day. :)

Last edited:

Exactly. Same as other weddings they attend. They don't get invited to have a royal on the guest list. They get invited and attend due to a personal relationship. Pippa is not looking for the fame of having a future king as page boy, if she uses George, he is her nephew. Just like when William and Harry often serve as ushers in weddings, it simply speaks of their friendship to the groom.

The only weddings when royaks are invited as royals are other royal weddings. And that has been Edward and Sophie the last years. And even that only applies to official royal weddings. The private ones of defunct houses like the ottingen one Harry attended, or minor royaks like Amedeo which Bea attended, are again based on personal relationships.

IMHO it would be unlikely that Harry, but more particularly Meghan herself, would want to telegraph the message they are engaged before any announcement (unless they see this as a way of letting the cat out of the bag and they're cool with that). It would create a huge amount of fuss around the couple at a time when they are still incubating their relationship. So if they make that decision (if Pippa gives them the option) we can say it will be a significant moment.

The only difference would be if the couple had been seriously living together for several years. That would change things. Meghan would then be a fixture and an obvious invite.

So saying, if Harry does attend, and Meghan shows up on his arm, I'd guess Meghan is a keeper. :flowers:

I'm use to wedding invitees being allowed to have a plus one. Usually that would be a significant other whether wife or girlfriend.
Harry's taken past girlfriends as his dates so I don't see why Meghan would be any different except for the media attention she and Harry generates.

... This is a smaller venue, if Harry somehow makes the cut (doubtful), it would be beyond rude for him to insist they give one of their limited seats to his gf, who is likely a complete stranger to them.

When William and Harry attended Tom Parker-Bowles wedding they did so without Catherine and Chelsy. Neither appeared put-off by not getting a plus-one...

Yes, and I believe Wills and Harry also attended their friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, TN (to American heiress, Lizzy Wilson) without bringing any plus ones.

The whole rumor/ expectation that Harry would be attending Pippa's wedding and bringing Meghan was cooked up by the media who apparently had time on their hands and no factual-based news or M&H public sightings to dish.

Yes, and I believe Wills and Harry also attended their friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, TN (to American heiress, Lizzy Wilson) without bringing any plus ones.

The whole rumor/ expectation that Harry would be attending Pippa's wedding and bringing Meghan was cooked up by the media who apparently had time on their hands and no factual-based news or M&H public sightings to dish.

Yes, they attended guys alone. But Harry was single at the time, having broken up with Cress in April. And the Cambridges were returned from Australia hardly a week before and she opted to stay home with nine month old George.

A wedding close to home, when he has a girlfriend, is another matter.

But still not holding my breath that this is anything but hot air and wishful thinking. If nothing else but Meghan will be filming in Toronto. It's not likely she would head to England for a wedding of a woman she likely never met. Even if Harry us invited which we don't know if he was.

I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!

I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!

Harry and Catherine are close? hmm. I think they're friendly but I don't know that I'd call them close.

I don't really agree that Harry and Pippa run in the same social circles. Pippa didn't attend the weddings of any of Harry's best friends - Jake Warren, Guy Pelly, Tom Inskip. And Harry didn't attend the weddings of any of Pippa's - Rowena Macrae, Benjamin Fitzherbert, Alice St. John Webster.

At least Eugenie is friends with James Middleton, not that I expect her to be invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom