Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both James Middleton and Matthews have done a lot of the physical fundraising sporting events with Pippa.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The fundraising section of the Michael Matthews Foundation website gives a good indication of James Matthews' athletic accomplishments for charity, which are longstanding. He has participated in the following:

Cancun Half Iron Man (2006)
Marathon des Sables, Morocco (2008)
Zurich Ironman (2010)
The Highland Cross (2010-2013)
London Marathon (2011-2013)
Engadin Skimarathon (2013)
North Pole Marathon (2012)
ÖTILLÖ (2015)
Bosphorus Cross Continental Swimming Race (2015)

ÖTILLÖ — Michael Matthews Foundation

Plus, of course, the Norwegian ski race that he did with Pippa earlier this year.

He's also one of the founding trustees of the foundation, according to the accounts at the charity commission.

Must be a slow day in media land....

LaRae

I would be so tempted if I was Pippa to go out there tomorrow morning with some bunny slippers, pjs, house coat, face cream and curlers in hair just to watch the reaction from the press or hire a clown in costume to walk out the front door with the dog just to mess with them.

And leave the ring at home....baahaaaa....laugh as the press chases it's tail.

LaRae

And leave the ring at home....baahaaaa....laugh as the press chases it's tail.

LaRae

There's been a story about Pippa in the DM every single day since she got engaged!

I've been thinking what the press will do, should Beatrice or Eugenie also announce their engagements?
They'll be beside themselves!

James Matthews was in love with her for 10 years - according to the DM. if true, that's a sweet story to tell their grandchildren!

pippa's ring and cartier watch look lovely. great choices by james! so is pippa's dog. i didn't know she had one, and it is sweet that all 3 siblings have spaniels...

i have no doubt george and charlotte will be page and flower girl, but wonder if kate will really be the bridesmaid this time. perhaps they will want to avoid unwanted media attention and have william and kate entering the church just as guests?

in any case, i am excited to see the dress pippa choses and also which church they choose to marry in. my guess is that it will be somewhere near pippa's parents' house in bucklebury.

James Matthews was in love with her for 10 years - according to the DM. if true, that's a sweet story to tell their grandchildren!

pippa's ring and cartier watch look lovely. great choices by james! so is pippa's dog. i didn't know she had one, and it is sweet that all 3 siblings have spaniels...

i have no doubt george and charlotte will be page and flower girl, but wonder if kate will really be the bridesmaid this time. perhaps they will want to avoid unwanted media attention and have william and kate entering the church just as guests?

in any case, i am excited to see the dress pippa choses and also which church they choose to marry in. my guess is that it will be somewhere near pippa's parents' house in bucklebury.
The spaniels are even sweeter because I think all the 3 siblings have dogs that are the puppys of the family dog Ella :)

There's been a story about Pippa in the DM every single day since she got engaged!

I've been thinking what the press will do, should Beatrice or Eugenie also announce their engagements?
They'll be beside themselves!

It's a relatively slow time of year with people going on vacations. There are not many Royal engagements. Thus the daily Pippa picture.

Looks like Pippa is set to have her own title in time, following news of her engagement.

What an accomplishment

It is an exhilarating, if nerve-racking, achievement.

Yet for Pippa Middleton – pictured here on the summit of the Matterhorn, having conquered its fabled 14,691ft peak shortly after daybreak yesterday – it is an adventure tinged with sadness, too.

The 32-year-old made the climb in honour of the younger brother of her fiance James Matthews, whose life was lost when a Himalayan storm engulfed his assault on Everest in 1999.

For that emotional reason, her husband-to-be chose not come with her, though he shares her devotion to extreme sports.

Instead Pippa, a writer and party planner, was supported by her brother James Middleton, 29. The pair hope to raise thousands of pounds for the charity set up in the name of her fiance’s brother, Michael.

Just hours after her descent, Pippa spoke movingly about what had inspired her – and how she was longing to share her adventure with her fiance.

She told The Mail on Sunday: ‘It was humbling to have been able to climb one of the world’s most beautiful mountains and raise money for a charity created in memory of an extraordinary young man who lost his life on another peak. Although I have raised money in the past for the Michael Matthews Foundation, it has now become even more important to me and my family.
Read more: Pippa Middleton scales mountain in memory of fiance's brother | Daily Mail Online

She's really inspiring in her athleticism, and I hope they raise alot of money through it. Really fun to follow her in trying to test her limits!

They are seriously fit people. Climbing the Matterhorn before breakfast! Yikes!

I'm curious. How does them doing that actually raise money? Do people sponsor them per metre or something like they do with schoolchildren and walkathons. Serious question. I don't know.

Not sure about this climb, but for events like the race across America, she had a 'just give fund' which is like 'gofundme' but the money goes to a charity. People can read about what she is doing and for what and donate what they want. I have a good friend in Scotland who does one of the big cycling races every year and I sponsor her as a racer the same way.

Happy for Pippa. She wanted to climb the Matterhorn back in 2013 but was thwarted by weather. Back then she wrote-

Unfortunately, due to the bad weather and avalanche threat, we had to abandon the Haute Route only three and a half hours from our final destination, the Matterhorn and Zermatt. I was gutted. We had to ski back down to Arolla. We all glugged down vin chaud at 9 a.m. to soften the blow. More headaches. At the airport, I walked past the Toblerone bars in Duty Free; the logo is an image of the Matterhorn. It was a sorry reminder of what we nearly, but didn’t quite, achieve. Another year, perhaps

Pippa Middleton's Alpine diary

Once Pippa sets her mind to something she'll eventually accomplish it. :lol:

OK so help me out. Wasn't Pippa with Nico a year ago and didn't she just start dating this new guy?

It's hard to say, since there's no way to now how long the time period between the breakup with Nico occurred and the announcement of that breakup happened.

The news broke in October last year. The relationship between Pippa and James seems to have started in September.

It's hard to say, since there's no way to now how long the time period between the breakup with Nico occurred and the announcement of that breakup happened.

The news broke in October last year. The relationship between Pippa and James seems to have started in September.
They also dated back in 2012 for a while and has been close friends the whole time so it's not as whirlwind as it might seem.

^ that's very true.

Also, as you get older, I think relationships often progress more quickly, because you've got a better idea of what you want.

Pippa and James seem well-suited.

I never cared for Nico, I thought there was something smarmy about him.
Whenever he was photographed with Pippa, he seemed to be posing.

They apparently know each other a long time (at least 10 years?) and, again apparently dated briefly back in 2012, so maybe not so sudden as thought. At 22 and 30, the age gap is considerably greater than 32 and 40 and in 2012 the "Her Royal Hotness" tag was - well I imagine getting to be a pain in the backside! She couldn't go outside the door without being snapped! I think she handled it better than Kate probably would have, dispite her exposure to the media glare being a lot more sudden.

I think Pippa's is more tasteful compared to Beyonce or Kim K.

IMO anyone is more tasteful than those two & it doesn't take a lot to pull it off either.

I know you meant George :) And if she gets married next summer, he'll be four.

Charlotte might be a little young (two in May 2017) but I'd be surprised if George didn't have a role.

They're her only niece and nephew.

I also expect to see George, who will be the same age his Dad was when he stole the show at the York Wedding in 86. I can still see this one part in my head where William was acting up & it switched to his Parents looking at him & if looks could kill...LOL!! Got to love little ones at Weddings. :D

Ii think it would be a great surprise to do an English winter wedding in Bucklebury in January... A pretty open time in the royal calendar. Snow covered countryside and horse drawn sleighs ....and no obvious comparisons to her sisters wedding (nor all of their friends). Pippa entertains for a living so I am sure she wants something very different. Whatever she does it ought to be good.

That picture you just created sounds so charmingly lovely. ITA about Winter Weddings. They really can be things of beauty.

I think (to quote an old Rod Stewart lyric) she wears it well... all the critique that is.
I think one of the finest things about Pippa an her immediate family is that they take repeated chucks on the jaw and just keep on keeping on. It shows resilience and maturity, IMO.

Same here. W/all the slime slung at them over the years, I have great admiration for how they've handled it all. It can't be easy for a Parent to not do or say anything when your children are constantly attacked in the Press. I don't think I could do it.

Does it really matter if she rides into the sunset of obscurity or is forevermore chronicled if she happen to burp at an inopportune moment? Ultimately, its our own personal decisions who we want to know about and who we don't want to know about.

I wouldn't know a Kardasian if one sat next to me on a bus. :D

Lucky you. I think the perfect solution is to have them be the first Martian Colonists. They'd have that attention they seek & would be as far away as anyone could possibly hope for. Win win.

If a Kardasian sat next to me on a bus I'd get up and move to a different seat:lol:.
Perhaps that's why I don't see Pippa or the Middletons as pushy - here in the USA we have families like the Ks and compared to them the Middletons, even including Uncle Gary, are discretion personified.

Thank you for explaining it so perfectly.

Wow!! I met a friend of my BiL who does that for his hobby once & he was saying it really is one of the most challenging climbs in the World & not for someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Major respect & Congratulations to Pippa!!

Pippa and James seem well-suited.

I never cared for Nico, I thought there was something smarmy about him.
Whenever he was photographed with Pippa, he seemed to be posing.

I thought the same about Nico. Just...Something seemed to be off there. Not this time.

Congratulations to Pippa & James!! I wish them all the happiness in the World!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I also expect to see George, who will be the same age his Dad was when he stole the show at the York Wedding in 86. I can still see this one part in my head where William was acting up & it switched to his Parents looking at him & if looks could kill...LOL!! Got to love little ones at Weddings. :D

I have never liked the thought of children at weddings.
I know it's very popular in the UK, but I much prefer adult attendants.

I've been to plenty of weddings where the children get over-excited and act out. (I have heard some real horror stories!)

I just don't think children belong at weddings. JMO.

Recently I learned about the engagement of Philippa to James. What sensational news!!! :rose::rose::rose:

I've been to plenty of weddings where the children get over-excited and act out. (I have heard some real horror stories!)

And I think they belong and should be there. Family Weddings should be just that. Family Weddings, w/*all* the Family present, including little ones. I've been to only one Wedding where a little one was upset to the point of throwing a fit & no one could blame her. Close to 100 yr old Country Church w/no air conditioning &/or fans & on the August Long Weekend to boot. I was my Cousin's Bridesmaid & I felt I was melting after 10 mins, so couldn't imagine how the lil one felt. Anyway...

Her Mom waited for the Bridal Processional to take place & simply took her outside. No big deal. Since the windows were all open to try to catch a breeze, we could still hear her, but not as loud. Which ended up turning into one of the highlights of the Wedding, as the first piece of Scripture read after the Welcoming of Everyone to the Ceremony was...

"And the Lord said : Make a Joyful Noise and..."

For the next few mins, so I've been told, all anyone could watch was the back of me & my heaving/shaking shoulders as I battled to keep from bursting out loud laughing in the middle of my Cousin's Wedding Ceremony. Which I did manage to pull off not doing. Got myself composed. Then made the mistake of looking at her brother across the Alter, who is a natural Platinum Blonde & whose face was Neon Pink at that precise moment from his own Battle of the Giggles. Which set off another skirmish of my own to keep from happening. :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is little ones may steal the show, but 9 times out of 10 at the Weddings I've been to over the years, whatever happened is usually one of the favourite Memories of the Day. I'm not saying there aren't little ones who do act like Little Monster Brats, because there are, but I tend to find you don't have to look too far to figure out why those kids act that way.

I wouldn't trade the Memories of kids being scene stealers at Weddings for anything. It makes the day richer and also sweeter sometimes. Just as William's antics in 86 make me smile whenever I think of it, one of the sweetest of his own Wedding was watching Pippa leading in the littlest Bridesmaids & seeing Camilla's Granddaughter holding her Floral Headpiece to make sure it didn't fall off. Then there were all the various moments of his Godson showing his very confident personality...LOL!!

I can't wait to see George and the other attendants who will end up being in Pippa's Bridal Party. Not to mention hearing what, if any, hijinks end up happening. It's all part of a Family Wedding after all. :)

If George or Charlotte are in the wedding all we will see is them going into the church if that. It isn't a royal wedding it is a private wedding a few photos later is all we will see unless Pippa sells them out which I don't think will happen.

I agree. I guess mainly because most of the recent weddings I attended were at 5pm and the reception and cocktail hour at hotel began at 6:30. Children just get too bored plus wild or nasty by the time the dancing begins after meal has been served. Besides most of the young mothers claim they really enjoy the dress up time alone with husband as a treat. I guess if a morning wedding it might be different but I still don't appreciate toddlers running around a reception while the bride and groom plus parents are trying to have their dances and photos. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom