Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ROFLMAO:
That's just Karl, though. He even calls women like Heidi Klum ugly and size 0 models fat.

He just wants attention, imo.

Who is he to criticize anyone else's looks? Pot, meet kettle!

Oh, Karl! What are we going to do with you! Pippa isn't my favorite (through no fault of her own!) but she is pretty. Go back to entertaining your cute kitten Choupette and designing stuff that I like but could never wear!

I Think she Looks Nice , Liked her Dress But it would be Much better if without the White lace Or Whatever .

Pippa plays no active part in the world of fashion. She neither designs nor models. So I don't think Lagerfeld has any business to comment on her looks - she did not enter the sphere where his opinions count or could be constructed as having been called for. So IMHO it is just bad manners on Lagerfeld's side when he comments in such a personal way about a private person who did nothing to warrant his critizism besides having been the bridesmaid of her elder sister. Okay, said sister married a future king but still that does not make Pippa someone who craves the attention of a fashion designer, famous or not.

first time since KL remark that I have seen her look not so pretty, do not like the dress, the tan, the sloppy hair and the heavy make up.

Only her nails look good. (glad no one looks at me with such scrutiny:))

Agree on this occasion she looks messy and I do have to say as a lover of black eyeliner myself[I just can't help myself] it's a bit much on her .. and I am no Pippa Middleton fan ... however I think that Karl Lagerfeld is really cruel to say such things I mean it is the one thing she cannot do much about.. really mean what a piggy type statement.
Anyway in the black she looks nice but the whole look together is well sloppy IMO

There is nothing wrong with black eyeliner but unless you've got Mila Kunis-esque huge eyes, drawing your entire lower lid is a big No No.

I like the dress, but I don't think tans look nice on anyone.

(I know I'm in the minority, but I feel tans have a harsh, aging effect on people, and tanning is very bad for your skin, anyway).

Revealed: Pippa Middleton's manual on how to celebrate in style... and guess whose face is all over the cover?
After photographs of her shapely figure at the Royal Wedding gained worldwide attention, few can blame Pippa Middleton for making the most of her enviable looks. And the cover of her eagerly awaited book about party planning is unlikely to leave her legion of male fans feeling disappointed - her picture appears no fewer than four times. Miss Middleton is shown in a range of saccharine poses on the front and back of her debut book, entitled Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends.

:previous:

Whose face does the Daily Mail think should be on the cover of Pippa's book? Dame Edna? I'm actually surprised the front cover isn't just a massive picture of Pippa, to be honest.

:previous:
Ooh, Dame Edna's face on a book on partying would have been perfect! :D
DM had to write something about the book, didn't it? I doubt the writers are actually going to read it, so comments on cover are the "best" we could get.

oh hum boring Pippa again IMO I'm not sure her advice would rock my world ... but I guess good for her for cashing in...

50 bucks? That is seriously overpriced. You Google Party Ideas Tumblr or Blog and get overloaded with pictures and ideas. For free.

It'll not sell for $50. If you look at the RRP on the back of any book for sale in the UK, it's usually way more that it's actually being sold for. I suppose it makes the purchaser feel like they got a good deal.

For example,I bought Andrew Marr's Diamond Queen in hardback earlier this year. Its RRP was £25, but Asda were selling it at £15. It's pretty standard practice in this country at least.

Well, the completely unknown Pippa Middleton wouldn't have got this book deal so of course it is a blatant example of cashing in. We never got anything similar from Sophie Wessex's brother or even Fergie's parents or sister. The Middletons IMO seem so eager to please the royals that I am amazed that Pippa would do this but then it's funny what greed does. At the end of the day even the parents were at it selling their royal wedding and jubilee tat.

Last edited:
It's actually being sold for $32, not $50. Here's a little more info on the book.

Pippa Middleton Book | Celebrate's new cover + quote from Pippa

I know Fergie's dad and mom did multiple interviews with Hello Magazine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that they weren't cashing in. The Queen's cousin runs a party planning business and always mentions her royal connections, but I don't see anyone claiming she's cashing in.

Last edited:
At the end of the day even the parents were at it selling their royal wedding and jubilee tat.

You do realise that the Middletons own a party supplies business? It's traditional in the UK to hold street parties during major royal events, and even during major sporting events such as the Olympic Games. God forbid the Middletons should sell party supplies themed to fit in with the British people holding parties. They'd have done no differently if they had no connection to the royals whatsoever.

Pippa's publishers obviously feel she has an ability in party planning and that she has produced something that the public would want to buy. Who on earth would turn that opportunity down? She's writing a book about planning parties, not information on the royals, so why would the BRF have any problem with it?

^Exactly. The Middleton family have been in the party supply business for 20+ years, they shouldn't have to stop selling certain items because their daughter married into the BRF. As for Pippa, she's been a party planner for years, it's not like it was something she just picked up after the wedding. She obviously loves doing it and I don't blame her for taking the opportunities that come her way.

Last edited:
There's a classic car event at Syon House from Sept. 5-7.
George Percy is in charge so I wonder if Pippa will be there? Or any of the younger royals?

O.k. Well, I have to say it. Pippa is really looking old. Im not sure if it has to do with the life that she leads or what but she is beginning to look a tad worn out. She looked much better a while back. She needs to take better care of herself or she is going to look like an old prune. Just saying.

I thought the first few pictures were very nice and that she looked very good, maybe even less makeup on ... but then ... the awful "in your face, bright light angle" of the last picture. I doubt ANYONE would look good. I think the DM had to make up for the earlier nice pictures. :lol:

I like Pippa. She comes across as sporty and outgoing, a fun person to be around. She receives no money from the tax-payer so IMO, she can party 24/7 for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom