The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Or you call just call them bridesmaids and page boys like was done for Kate's wedding. You can have a couple of young ones and some older kids like Kate's or have a assortment of children or just have adults. We are not going to see the wedding program anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 07-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

I don't believe any of the kids in the Cambridge wedding were teenagers. So I wouldn't call it an assortment. It was pretty by the book.

If Pippa has a destination wedding she might not have any children in her wedding. It doesn't seem that practical to shuttle young children of friends half-way across the globe.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

There were 2 3 year olds, a 10 year old, 2 7 year olds and a 8 year old for the Cambridges. Charles and Diana had 17, 13, 6, 5, 11, 3 aged bridesmaids with 11 and 8 aged page boys. Andrew and Sarah had 4 yr William, 5 year Zara, 8 yr Peter, 6 Laura Fellows plus Sarah's nephew and half sister and 7 yr old daughter of Duke of Roxeburghe

It all depends on what you have around you and want to use. W&K didn't have any young nieces and nephews (Andrew and Sarah had a bunch) so they went mostly with William's cousins and godchildren. Charles and Diana had some cousins of Charles and some children of friends. We only know about Pippa's niece and nephew and James's nieces. They could have godchildren that they would want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-21-2016, 12:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's likely George will play a part in his aunts wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-21-2016, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Rather strange comment from James Matthews' aunt. Is she confused?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRoyalR...84459807121408

Also, Pippa might be contemplating a winter wedding. Hurrah!

http://www.eonline.com/news/781440/p...ling-chemistry
Old 07-21-2016, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa and James did date prior and then broke up. There were certainly rumors she was engaged to both Alex and Nico at different times. Perhaps his Aunt believed them.

As for the 'source', it could be a site like ours. Too many rumors start becoming 'news'. May end up true but doubt anyone she would have told would talk.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree! Winter weddings can be so lovely!
Old 07-21-2016, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the thought of a winter wedding. Maybe they can do as Lady Edith did, and have it on New Year's Eve, when all the decorations are still up!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ooooooo, I'd love to see a winter wedding. Some of the prettiest weddings I've been to have been near Christmas. Can't wait to see what she decides on.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I had a winter wedding, velvet capes, muffs, duchesse satin, go for it!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I forgot about the Matthews scottish estate - i see that as a real possibility to have the reception away from the media.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Majesty

I understood Philippa's future father-in-law is a Scottish Laird and that means Philippa will become a Lady indeed when her spouse becomes the Laird of Glenafric (Glen Afric). I get such a Monarch of the Glen-vibe.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Nobility

A winter wedding in Scotland would be wonderful, but why the speculation about the problem with Saturday ? You can get married any day of the week. I got married on a Thursday, no problems booking church, reception , transport, not that that will be an issue for Pippa and James. When ever and where ever, good luck to them.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I understood Philippa's future father-in-law is a Scottish Laird and that means Philippa will become a Lady indeed when her spouse becomes the Laird of Glenafric (Glen Afric). I get such a Monarch of the Glen-vibe.
Yeah, not unless everyone in Scotland who owns land is a laird. The family bought an old estate and turned it into a hotel. Not even Scottish, family is English.

Lady Hay most weddings are weekends as that is when most people are free to attend. Not only the couple, but bridal party and guests may all work. Often people have weekday to cut costs as less guests likely to make it. Especially out of town who may not wish to take days off work for weekday wedding.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yeah, not unless everyone in Scotland who owns land is a laird. The family bought an old estate and turned it into a hotel. Not even Scottish, family is English.
Some Scottish estates go with titles. If you buy such estate you recieve a title. Your nationality is unimportant.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Oh please let her get this over with and then we need not see her in the papers and on the net all the time
Old 07-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

If you want you can buy a plot and a title for 30 pounds

Laird in the sense you mean simply means master of an estate. It simply is an honorific tended to be used by emeployees in thee past. In Scottish common law anyone can use whatever title they choose, but that doesn't make them peers. So no, unlike Duc claims, Pippa will not become Lady Philippa when her FIl dies.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Countessmeout
I was married 25 years ago, so I do know why most people chose to marry at the weekend. My point was that there are other days available.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

well its horses for courses. It is easier to get a booking on non weekend days but for many people it is diffuclt for some of their family/friends to go to a wedding during the week. however that is hardly going to apply to Philippa's circle of friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If you want you can buy a plot and a title for 30 pounds

Laird in the sense you mean simply means master of an estate. It simply is an honorific tended to be used by emeployees in thee past. In Scottish common law anyone can use whatever title they choose, but that doesn't make them peers. So no, unlike Duc claims, Pippa will not become Lady Philippa when her FIl dies.
I assume he means Lady Surname or Lady Title.. (such as "Lady Spencer")

SHe could not become Lady Philippa unless her father was an earl. however, as you say she's not going to have any "Lady" title because "lairdship" is not a peerage.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Countessmeout
I was married 25 years ago, so I do know why most people chose to marry at the weekend. My point was that there are other days available.

You asked why people are so fixated on Saturdays. If you don't want an answer don't ask For a huge society wedding where most guests will work during the week, the weekend is the clear option.

Quote:
but why the speculation about the problem with Saturday ?

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton