The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2016, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I hope she has a nice private wedding It's up to her and future husband if they want to keep it a family wedding instead of a media circus. I really hope that's what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Unless they do it out of the country with no notice, it is probably going to be like the weddings that we have seen the royals go to in the past. Shots of the guests and bridal party arriving and then afterwards them leaving the church. No different then what we just saw with Mountbatten wedding that the Queen was at or we have seen 100 times already for friends of W, K, H.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

There will be everyone from royalty, and nobility, to celebrities at the wedding so it's going to get covered in the tabloids.

They will no doubt be offered a big time deal by Hello Magazine, much like Zara and Peter Philips received.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Unless they do it out of the country with no notice, it is probably going to be like the weddings that we have seen the royals go to in the past. Shots of the guests and bridal party arriving and then afterwards them leaving the church. No different then what we just saw with Mountbatten wedding that the Queen was at or we have seen 100 times already for friends of W, K, H.

I hope that's how it is. It's up to them of course but I hope they don't go the celeb way. They don't need to sell it off to Hello etc. Nice family wedding then just a happy marriage a couple of cute little babies and the media drop them cause their boring and move on.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes Pippa will retire into private life after marriage I'm sure. I'm in the mood for a wedding, though. It's winter here in Melbourne so that's a good excuse! The flowers, the gown, the bridesmaids, the guests.... I knew James was THE ONE.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

A wild child brother, a millionaire racing driver father and a VERY coy sister: Meet Pippa Middleton's new in-laws* | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa and James do keep a low profile though. Outside of Wimbledon, we've only seen grainy pap pics on date nights. Pippa could be sooooo much more 'in the news' if she wanted.

Pippa doesn't post endless selfies on Twitter or post party pics on Facebook like many of the society set.

I'm happy for them.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a beautiful ring!

I think they might have a destination wedding, but I am hoping they marry in Bucklebury, in a traditional ceremony!

(I don't know much about this, but if they wished to marry at the Abbey or St. Paul's, would that be possible? I know just anybody can't do that, but if the Queen approved, would it be ok?)
Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they'll get married in England, possibly in her home village.

I wonder whether they will use George or Charlotte in the bridal party. It would bring an even greater amount of press interest, perhaps a deterrent.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's a beautiful ring!

I think they might have a destination wedding, but I am hoping they marry in Bucklebury, in a traditional ceremony!

(I don't know much about this, but if they wished to marry at the Abbey or St. Paul's, would that be possible? I know just anybody can't do that, but if the Queen approved, would it be ok?)

She is not royal so won't get married at either of those

Old 07-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She is not royal so won't get married at either of those

People who aren't royal do sometimes marry there.

Diana's parents married at the Abbey.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Quote:
I hope that's how it is. It's up to them of course but I hope they don't go the celeb way. They don't need to sell it off to Hello etc. Nice family wedding then just a happy marriage a couple of cute little babies and the media drop them cause their boring and move on.

I can see them if they wanted too selling the pictures to Hello for charity such as the British Heart Association and the Michael Matthews Foundation. It's not like Peter and Zara have not sold pictures to Hello and kept the money.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Courtier

I thought Peter kept the money to pay for the wedding and Zara also kept the money b/c as Mike Tindall said, they don't get paid by the royal family
Old 07-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe you're right Miche, now I think about it.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Many best wishes to Pippa and James!
Old 07-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Neither does Pippa or James Matthews. Their wedding will have to be paid for too. If they sold they sold the pictures and kept the money, they press would be all over them for cashing in on the links to the royal family.

I have no problem with Peter and Zara selling the pictures. Pippa and James have the right to do the same.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are "absolutely delighted", a Kensington Palace spokesman said.

Pippa Middleton confirms engagement to James Matthews - BBC News
Old 07-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

How long have they been in a relationship? I haven't followed their love story much...
Old 07-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Pippa and James
Old 07-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
How long have they been in a relationship? I haven't followed their love story much...

Almost a year. They were first spotted together in September.

I am curious about what designer will make her dress. She's very thin and not as tall as Kate, so it will be important that the dress doesn't overwhelm her.
Of course, it will be massive publicity for any designer.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Almost a year. They were first spotted together in September.

Thanks. I thought they have been together much longer, as I seem to recall having seen them out and about back in 2012. Am I wrong or had they slplit before rekindling their romance?

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton