The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Sorry but Pippa is in no way in the same vein as Cress or Chelsy.

1. Cress and Chelsy are ex's, That will make them news for years to come.
2. The Middletons may be wealthy but they are in no way rich on the level of the Davies or Cress' family. The girls would have been socialites, living the kind of life they have now, with or without having dated Harry. They met him because they moved in those circles already.

Some how the family of other spouses in the royal family haven't needed to get pay back. They have actually worked and had their own lives. But why would Pippa want to work an actual job when she can get paid to write a party planning book and attend tennis.
You're absolutely right that Pippa isn't in the same vein as Cressida or Chelsy. They are the exes. Pippa is family.

Last I heard, writing books was a pretty good line of work to be in if you can be successful at it. Ask J.K. Rowlings.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm laughing at the notion that the Aunt of a future King is suppose to be less relevant than the exes of the 5th in-line for the throne. I guess using your logic, Earl Spencer is less important than Koo Stark and Ruthie Henshall. LMFAO.

I wasn't aware Cressida was swimming in money. There were reportedly issues where she had trouble paying for plane tickets. And didn't her father file for bankruptcy? Or was that just a rumor?

Quote:
The father of Prince Harry’s latest lady friend Cressida Bonas was branded ‘untrustworthy’ in a court case over the divorce settlements from his first marriage.

The prince’s rumoured fling’s father,Jeffrey Bonas, was forced to borrow money to cover the payout to his first wife Elspeth after their divorce in 1986.

As he was unable to pay the £1.2m settlement he borrowed £350,000 from NatWest Bank, according to re-surfaced court documents.

Despite ‘a number of arrangements’, the Oxford graduate was unable to repay the bank, increasing the debt to £578,000 and risking the flat of a friend who has stepped in as guarantor for the loan.
Read more: Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas: Jeffrey Bonas, the father of the prince's new beauty slammed as 'unreliable' | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

And let's get back to Pippa.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa is ambassador for the British Heart Foundation

BHF @TheBHF
Absolutely stunning - Pippa Middleton and HRH Princess Eugenie of York. #MilesFrostFund

https://twitter.com/TheBHF/status/755094512708554752

Pippa Middleton dazzles in elegant floral gown at charity bash | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Daily Express
Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Pippa is ambassador for the British Heart Foundation

BHF @TheBHF
Absolutely stunning - Pippa Middleton and HRH Princess Eugenie of York. #MilesFrostFund

https://twitter.com/TheBHF/status/755094512708554752

Pippa Middleton dazzles in elegant floral gown at charity bash | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Daily Express

Pippa looks pretty, but really, that style of dress (which she seems to adore) doesn't suit Eugenie at all.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pippa Middleton fuels engagement rumours to James Matthews at the Frost Summer Fundraiser | Daily Mail Online

Pippa has never posed like this before though. Is trying to hide something?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pippa Middleton fuels engagement rumours to James Matthews at the Frost Summer Fundraiser | Daily Mail Online

Pippa has never posed like this before though. Is trying to hide something?
Well it must be true, Richard Kay says so . She know doubt will eventually become engaged and the DM can claim credit.

Tomorrow's front page

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...49354458025984
Old 07-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well it must be true, Richard Kay says so . She know doubt will eventually become engaged and the DM can claim credit.

Tomorrow's front page

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...49354458025984
I don't know if she is engaged, but she posed totally differently than she did on previous red carpets. I noticed that though. If so, I think she wanted the focus to remain on the event and not her ring.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Then (if there is a ring) she should have left it at home.

Pippa has been shot enough to know full well how to draw attention. There is little chance she wasn't fully aware the talk she would start with that pose.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

Meh... a ring tan would be as much of a tell as a ring and Pippa does have a lamentable tendency to go for a deep tan.

To be honest, if it's true, I can't begrudge anyone who's just gotten engaged the joy that it brings them or their right to be as public or as coy about it as they want. Why should she have to behave a certain way in order to please a bunch of people on the internet?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Per the Daily Mail article, the engagement just happened on Saturday. Don't know if she would have a ring tan line after 3 days especially when she was pretty tan to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Interesting. Since it's only Monday, I'd interpreted "last Saturday" as the 9th; "on Saturday", written on a Monday, would denote the 16th, IMO. With that said, I'm sure that the article was written to be deliberately ambiguous.

I won't be surprised to find out that it was the 9th and that the "housewarming" party SS wrote about this morning was actually an announcement to their friends and family.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Meh... a ring tan would be as much of a tell as a ring and Pippa does have a lamentable tendency to go for a deep tan.

To be honest, if it's true, I can't begrudge anyone who's just gotten engaged the joy that it brings them or their right to be as public or as coy about it as they want. Why should she have to behave a certain way in order to please a bunch of people on the internet?
And maybe, just maybe the happy couple hadn't gotten around to personally telling everyone as of yet. And when I mean everyone, I am talking about family and friends who don't get their news from Social Media. And they didn't want them to hear the news from anyone else?

Excuse me, Cousin Violet? Would you care to comment about James and Pippa getting engaged? What you didn't know?! They didn't tell you?

Front page of The Sun....Pippa doesn't share the news with Cousin Violet!

Old 07-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

If she is engaged she may have signed a deal with a media outlet. My question is did she walk around around the whole time covering her hand ?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

People have been posting photos on Twitter where she has both hands by her side and I can't see a ring.

Maybe she is engaged, but I doubt the DM knows anything. Just more speculation, hoping to eventually be correct.

Pippa has been 'engaged' since 2013
Old 07-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Interesting. Since it's only Monday, I'd interpreted "last Saturday" as the 9th; "on Saturday", written on a Monday, would denote the 16th, IMO. With that said, I'm sure that the article was written to be deliberately ambiguous.

I won't be surprised to find out that it was the 9th and that the "housewarming" party SS wrote about this morning was actually an announcement to their friends and family.

The 9th was championship finals weekend at Wimbledon where Pippa was at 4 times during this year's tournament including the 8th. Why would they go hiking in the Lake District then?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Until there is an announcement I am not holding my breath. It seems any time those 2 go away, either tropical or now the lake district, he proposes. I also doubt if she is engaged, she hasn't been on the phone all weekend telling everyone she knows.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, I believe it's true, mostly because it seems people have been expecting it.

I must admit I'm looking forward to Pippa's wedding, whenever it occurs.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The 9th was championship finals weekend at Wimbledon where Pippa was at 4 times during this year's tournament including the 8th. Why would they go hiking in the Lake District then?

To be clear, I was remarking on the ambiguities of written English, not suggesting that you were wrong.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:48 PM

Pippa Middleton Engaged to Hedge Fund Multi-Millionaire: Report

Pippa Middleton Engaged to Hedge Fund Multi-Millionaire: Report

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton