The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think it works the same here in the States. Mind you, I don't drive for medical reasons, but I've heard people mentioning losing a certain number of points for certain traffic violations.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It looks like the car in front ran the red light too. I wonder if the the light was actually yellow and the cars were trying to get through before it turned red? Whatever the case, I imagine Pippa will be more careful in the future.

Not familiar with UK driving laws, but ?wouldn't there have to be more than just a few blurry photos for them to give out a ticket
I don't know how the laws work in the Uk.. can someone from UK provide info please? But in italy there are kind of machines in the streets, which are able to detect a car committing infraction like speed break or lights non stop etc, throught a camera that take a photo of the car... or the cameras is simple hidden in the traffic lights.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Distractions happen. Just the other day I passed a stopped school bus, a MAJOR NO NO, in the US. I was just following along the car in front of me. No police man around and no ticket, but I can tell you it has made me realize how very easy it is to just follow along. I definitely will be more thoughtful in the future. A lesson learned!!!!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa will need to find a partner who is no stranger to the limelight, like her brother James. Any discreet or private guy will not touch her since the media will follow her for being the sister of the future queen for the rest of her life, plus Pippa loves the attention and being in the public eye.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pippa will need to find a partner who is no stranger to the limelight, like her brother James. Any discreet or private guy will not touch her since the media will follow her for being the sister of the future queen for the rest of her life, plus Pippa loves the attention and being in the public eye.

What makes you think she likes the attention ? I think if she did like it in the beginning she's well over it now. The same with James.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What makes you think she likes the attention ? I think if she did like it in the beginning she's well over it now. The same with James.
At best, I think they've come to accept that they're going to be in the limelight and have learned to tolerate it. I've never seen either Pippa or James in any situation where they've actively sought out the publicity.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
At best, I think they've come to accept that they're going to be in the limelight and have learned to tolerate it. I've never seen either Pippa or James in any situation where they've actively sought out the publicity.

Agreed. They've both lived as privately as they can for the last few years and all you really see of them are paparazzi pictures, which they can't help. Pippa's also a pretty good writer- I've enjoyed several of her articles. I think that and the sports challenges are really what she likes.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with you. Never once have I noticed either Pippa or James running to camera to get noticed. But I have seen them smile politely when recognized at social occasions, which just shows they were properly brought up by loving parents. It is called manners. They don't hang their heads behind their hands. They walk normally.

I certainly would hate having my sister a future queen or even brother president of the USA. Couldn't leave the house without someone somewhere taking a photo hoping to sell to some sleaze publication. Then have others pull down everything I wore when they themselves looked like dreck. Nope, not a life I would enjoy.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa made 'career' choices that attract the limelight, writing, TV show that failed, even going to the US, plus her sports events that are always well covered.
She's not a cheap attention seeker but not looking for a discreet career either and needs a partner who can imagine such a life for himself.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Courtier

I think this is an interesting new article (link below), not so much for what is says but because who wrote it, Sophia Money-Coutts is the sister of Drummond Money-Coutts. Drummond is one of James Middleton's best friends. So for her to hint that Pippa and James Matthews have a "special friendship", it carries a lot more weight than if some dippy Daily Mail reporter were to write it.

James Matthews family, school, age - Pippa Middleton's boyfriend - James Matthews bio & facts - Pippa Middleton's boyfriend & Spencer Matthews brother - Tatler
Old 12-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

I saw your comment and had to chuckle at the newspaper article. I saw today in the Daily Fail that they had an article about how the OK Magazine says that Pippa and Prince Harry are now together. It seems according to the news article that Catherine caught them in a ^bathroom^ together and since they are now both single, the time is just right for their hot sexual tension which has been apparent along.

Now Pippa must be one very busy/lucky lady to have 2 hot men chasing her around town. OK showed a picture of them together which looks photo shopped to me.

Thought both articles are just so far fetched to begin with and that it must be a slow news day for everyone.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Courtier

That is silly. I don't think Pippa and Harry are even friends. Next time they should try something not so far-fetched.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Anything to make a dollar they will tell all the lies they want and most people will believe it, sad, really sad. What Pippa has to put up with in the media is just boarding on harassment.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
That is silly. I don't think Pippa and Harry are even friends. Next time they should try something not so far-fetched.

They aren't complete strangers. They probably spent time together with royal wedding prep, plus now they would see each other at birthday parties, etc for the Cambridge kids. Harry seemed pretty chummy with James last Christmas when they played soccer. Plus they have overlapping friend groups too.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They aren't complete strangers. They probably spent time together with royal wedding prep, plus now they would see each other at birthday parties, etc for the Cambridge kids. Harry seemed pretty chummy with James last Christmas when they played soccer. Plus they have overlapping friend groups too.

There's a difference between friends and acquaintances. I don't see any evidence that Harry and Pippa are friends.

They wouldn't see each other at many birthday parties, either. Harry didn't go to George's party this year. Harry hasn't been documented at William's birthday party since 2008, and he's never been reported at any of Catherine's.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There's a difference between friends and acquaintances. I don't see any evidence that Harry and Pippa are friends.

They wouldn't see each other at many birthday parties, either. Harry didn't go to George's party this year. Harry hasn't been documented at William's birthday party since 2008, and he's never been reported at any of Catherine's.
Yeah, I mean. I think they're friendly, but not friends.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

There is a lot of stuff the public would never see. We don't really know how often Harry is at Apt 1 or Pippa either. The press camped out when the babies where brought home and George's 1st birthday but not there 24/7. Harry missed most of this year being abroad but there will be 2 birthday parties for the kids plus Christmas where both families can interact for the next couple of years.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Courtier

The Cambridges spend most of their time in Norfolk, away from Harry in London, that is, when Harry isn't traveling around the world away from London.

I wouldn't count on Harry attending George's and Charlotte's birthdays in the future. Grandpa Charles has never attended either of George's birthdays, and as I mentioned earlier Harry doesn't go to William's or Catherine's birthdays. I don't think the BRF places a high priority on birthdays unless it's celebrating The Queen.

Also, Harry and Pippa are hardly spending Christmas together. The Middletons are in Anmer Hall which is 3 miles away from the Sandringham House. They would be sitting in different areas of the church for Christmas service. They wouldn't be sharing any meals with the royals. They wouldn't be opening gifts together. James might join William and Harry in the village rugby game because he played rugby in high school, but Pippa doesn't play so she's not around. Personally, I doubt Pippa and Harry exchange any words during the Christmas holiday.

You claimed that Harry and Pippa's friends group overlaps. I think they have only a few casual friends in common, certainly none of their best friends. Pippa hangs with the Edinburgh University crew. Harry hangs with the London posh guys that own nightclubs. Let's look at Harry's two best friends, Jake Warren and Guy Pelly. Pippa wasn't invited to either of their weddings. Let's look at Pippa's best friends, Rowena Macrae, Benjamin Fitzherbert, Alice St. John Webster. Harry wasn't invited to any of their weddings. Why the only couple they really had in common was Melissa Percy and Tom van Straubenzee, Pippa being friends with the bride's family and Harry being friends with the groom. Now that the couple is divorcing, Pippa will be Team Percy and Harry will be Team van Straubenzee.

I don't see Pippa and Harry in the same orbits at all.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

They are divorcing?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton fuels romance rumours with James Matthews on Caribbean holiday | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't it Lady Melissa's older sister Lady Catherine who is divorcing her husband Patrick Valentine?

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton