The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Didn't the Daily Fail get the ball rolling after Kate and William's wedding by dubbing Pippa "Her Royal Hotness" and insinuating that every man in Britain was sleeping with her photo under their pillow? Weren't they practically planning her wedding to George Percy at one point? They did their best to build her up as the Next Big Thing.

And now they are taking potshots at her and the entire family.

They need to make up their minds...are the Midds respectable upwardly mobile people or just a bunch of crass arrivistes?

What a difference four years makes.
Well, as much as I think Pippa is ambitious and tries her best to stay in the spotlight, the Fail has been milking her connections ad nauseam...

Old 07-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
We wouldn't know- he's rarely covered in the press

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

But he has a younger brother who has a GF, and they've been covered in the press.

I think if George Percy had a girlfriend, we'd know about it.

Still, I don't think he and Pippa will ever get together, just as I don't think she'll wed Nico Jackson.
And if she and Harry were attracted to each other, something would have happened by now.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But he has a younger brother who has a GF, and they've been covered in the press.

I think if George Percy had a girlfriend, we'd know about it.

Still, I don't think he and Pippa will ever get together, just as I don't think she'll wed Nico Jackson.
And if she and Harry were attracted to each other, something would have happened by now.
Hmm interesting. May I ask why you don't think they'll wed? :) (I have no thoughts on it myself, just interested in your reasoning)
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

If we're placing bets on Pippa and Nico - I'll predict a September 2015 engagement. It will be their 3rd anniversary and Pippa will be turning 32. Women in that set usually get engaged in the age range of 27-32.

Her relationship with Alex Loudon floundered after he temporally relocated to Australia for work. Not to mention he was stuck in Johannesburg half the time due to business trips. I think it's a very promising sign for Pippa and Nico, that despite their long-distance relationship, they remain a steady couple.

The ball is in Nico's court; let's see what he does with it.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
If we're placing bets on Pippa and Nico - I'll predict a September 2015 engagement. It will be their 3rd anniversary and Pippa will be turning 32. Women in that set usually get engaged in the age range of 27-32.

Her relationship with Alex Loudon floundered after he temporally relocated to Australia for work. Not to mention he was stuck in Johannesburg half the time due to business trips. I think it's a very promising sign for Pippa and Nico, that despite their long-distance relationship, they remain a steady couple.

The ball is in Nico's court; let's see what he does with it.
I don't understand this sentence. It takes two people to make an engagement and a marriage. This makes it sound as though Pippa is just hanging around waiting for Nico to determine her future. I don't think that modern women act that way!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I don't understand this sentence. It takes two people to make an engagement and a marriage. This makes it sound as though Pippa is just hanging around waiting for Nico to determine her future. I don't think that modern women act that way!
Guys still usually do the proposing, though, and sometimes they do drag their feet about it. (Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that's the case with Pippa and Nico).
Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Guys still usually do the proposing, though, and sometimes they do drag their feet about it. (Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that's the case with Pippa and Nico).

Not always! Women propose to men as well. (I did. It worked out)

I also think that the idea of the ball being entirely in Nico's court is a bit retro.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Not here in Sweden... Well it has started to be americanized... But here the tradition is to come to the decision together and buy simple engagement-bands (like your version of wedding bands) and at the wedding only the woman gets a ring... So to me, this waiting for a man to ask you seems so odd :P I like that women has started asking!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Well three years will pale when it's compared to how long Kate had to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Not always! Women propose to men as well. (I did. It worked out)

I also think that the idea of the ball being entirely in Nico's court is a bit retro.

When I proposed to my husband (back in the seventies), I didn't get down on one knee and say 'you'll make me the happiest woman in the world if you'll say yes'. It was more like, I love you, but I need to know if this is going anywhere. I'm interested in getting married and having kids- are you? (And he collapsed into my arms, weeping tears of joy. JK). It's worked out real well! Besides, it was a true case of love at first sight, and we had discussed marriage almost immediately thereafter.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Kate really had to wait 8 years...she and William decided at some point they were going to marry in the future, after a certain point. It was just a matter of getting their lives sorted out with his training etc.

So she knew it was coming, it wasn't like she was just hanging around spinning her wheels not knowing what the outcome would be.

LaRae
Old 07-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think Kate really had to wait 8 years...she and William decided at some point they were going to marry in the future, after a certain point. It was just a matter of getting their lives sorted out with his training etc.

So she knew it was coming, it wasn't like she was just hanging around spinning her wheels not knowing what the outcome would be.

LaRae
I think so as well. My guess is that around 2007 when they got back together they got inofficially engaged or somethig but didn't do it officially since then they only have a year to get married :P So I think they were kind of engaged. Especially since their honeymoon destination was the place they went to right after the breakup.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
The set that Pippa and Nico belong to is quite traditional. Notice when James Middleton talked marriage last year, he discussed when he would be ready to propose to Donna. He never mentioned her proposing to him. Even spunky Zara left the ball in Mike's court. Remember in 2008, when Zara gave an interview gushing about Mike. She said she would love to marry him, but she has to wait for him to propose. He finally got around to it 2.5 years after her interview. The royals and the people in their orbit are very socially conservative.

I totally believe Pippa wants to get married. The press claimed her break-up with J.J. was caused by him not committing to marriage after the couple had been together for 4 years. Not to say she will settle for anybody. She's thrown a lot of guys overboard before the relationship ever got serious. But when she is besotted(J.J. and Nico) - I think she is hopeful for a proposal.

I do believe the when and if will come down to Nico.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Hmm interesting. May I ask why you don't think they'll wed? :) (I have no thoughts on it myself, just interested in your reasoning)

I think if it hasn't happened after a year, it won't.

(Yes, I know a lot of people date for a much longer span of time, but I think that after a year, a person wants to know if the relationship is going anywhere).

Nico seems the type who likes long-term relationships, but gets cold feet when it comes to marriage.

I believe he and Pippa are coming to the end.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think so as well. My guess is that around 2007 when they got back together they got inofficially engaged or somethig but didn't do it officially since then they only have a year to get married :P So I think they were kind of engaged. Especially since their honeymoon destination was the place they went to right after the breakup.
Another thing, IIRC I read that Kate's father had a talk with William at some point after they were serious to ask him if his intentions were marriage and was assured that was the plan...and this was prior to 2007.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2015, 01:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Another thing, IIRC I read that Kate's father had a talk with William at some point after they were serious to ask him if his intentions were marriage and was assured that was the plan...and this was prior to 2007.

LaRae
Well, Mike and Carole dated for 5 years before marrying, so he couldn't get too heavy-handed with William.

William made it very clear in his 2005 interview that he didn't want to marry until he was 28. He had his mind set on that specific age for whatever reason. I don't think Catherine was under any illusions to the contrary. When they got married she was 29 and he was 28. Pretty cut-and-dry.

William clearly passed down his obsession with 28 to his brother-in-law. Last year, James gave an interview where he said he wouldn't propose to Donna until he was 28.

Mathematicians consider 28 a perfect number along with the number 6. Maybe William is plotting to have 6 children.

He already made math geeks happy by naming his son George. Elizabeth II > Charles III > William V > George VII. (2,3,5,7 make our first four prime numbers)

I would rather the royals embrace Number Theory than astrology like Diana did.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm guessing William realized he wouldn't be done with all his training and settled in till around that age.

I don't know that Michael had an issue with the length of time...he just wanted to make sure as to what the end goal was.

LaRae
Old 09-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa completed a very grueling race. Her team mates included her brother James. I am duly impressed.

Pippa Middleton completes 50-mile race a day after her 32nd birthday | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton looks sensational at Gordon Ramsay's charity boxing event* | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow! That'd a very nice look indeed! She looked sexy but not tacky and for a good cause too!

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton