The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is fully lined with flesh colored silk. It's not revealing. I would like it better without the jacket.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I like Nico because he puts on a good face in the middle of the paps, takes the lead through the scrum, and looks dapper while doing it. Not a bad combo if you're dating Pippa Middleton.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Pippa has written an article in The Telegraph about her new fitness concept, "hydro-spinning":

Pippa Middleton: the l'eaudown on hydro-spinning - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton: my cocktail-making masterclass - Telegraph
Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hilary Alexander ‏@HilaryAlexander 5h
Pippa Middleton 'in the house' Telegraph Xmas Charity Appeal.#Telegraphappeal : 0800117118 pic.twitter.com/i0qeeY4RYl

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The year 2012 was an annus mirabilis for Sir Ben Ainslie. He became the most successful sailor in Olympic history, consolidating his haul of medals – four of them gold – from five consecutive Games.
This year hasn’t been too bad either: in September, as a member of Oracle Team USA he was on board the £5 million catamaran that made one of the greatest comebacks in sporting history. At 8-1 down in the America’s Cup against challengers Team Emirates New Zealand, they rallied to win 8-9 in an edge-of-the-seat contest that turned landlubbers around the world into avid sailing fans.
Pippa Middleton: Sir Ben Ainslie's new tiller girl - Telegraph

Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Pippa Middleton Engaged To Nico Jackson

Pippa Middleton Engaged To Nico Jackson (Report) | Access Hollywood
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The engagement rumours, which seem to be spreading across the US, have been denied by several british royal reporters.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

From a very practical POV - when and if Pippa becomes engaged, does anyone officially inform Clarence House and BP? It would be rude to let everyone read it in the Tabs, but her Pip-ness is not a member of the firm. Is there protocol on this or will someone (presumably Kate or Wills) spread the word informally or formally? Do they call Charles or his staff? Do they call HRH directly or call her staff?

And in the case of stupid rumors - does BP and CH just assume it's untrue until informed otherwise? This is a little awkward.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
From a very practical POV - when and if Pippa becomes engaged, does anyone officially inform Clarence House and BP? It would be rude to let everyone read it in the Tabs, but her Pip-ness is not a member of the firm. Is there protocol on this or will someone (presumably Kate or Wills) spread the word informally or formally? Do they call Charles or his staff? Do they call HRH directly or call her staff?

And in the case of stupid rumors - does BP and CH just assume it's untrue until informed otherwise? This is a little awkward.
TBH, I don't see either Clarence House or BP or even any of the British Royal Family that would actually have anything to say on the matter of Pippa's engagement. She just happens to be the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge and is a private citizen just as Camilla's children and grandchildren are private citizens. Nothing is ever announced anywhere on them through official sources.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
TBH, I don't see either Clarence House or BP or even any of the British Royal Family that would actually have anything to say on the matter of Pippa's engagement. She just happens to be the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge and is a private citizen just as Camilla's children and grandchildren are private citizens. Nothing is ever announced anywhere on them through official sources.
I'm not talking about them announcing things. I'm asking how they find out - just like the rest of us?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I'm not talking about them announcing things. I'm asking how they find out - just like the rest of us?
I would imagine Kate would be one of the first to know and from her, the word would spread among the family. I don't imagine that Pippa herself would call anyone in the royal family unless she was close personal friends with some of them such as Beatrice or Eugenie or Harry.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Give the way Pippa is ambitious (eager for a title) I think you wouldn't know that Pippa is 'just the sister', what with the airs she gives herself.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Give the way Pippa is ambitious (eager for a title) I think you wouldn't know that Pippa is 'just the sister', what with the airs she gives herself.
If she were eager for a title wouldn't she be stalking lords and barons and viscounts and such?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
And you know this how??? OR is it just YOUR opinion? OTOH, I would say that she goes about her business and the paps do the job of stalking her.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
If she were eager for a title wouldn't she be stalking lords and barons and viscounts and such?
I agree. I don't think Pippa has sought out attention for herself at all. If anything, she just goes about what she does and is very very good at what she does do. The media has to be quite annoying for her at times but she handles it all with style and grace.
― John Lennon
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree. I don't think Pippa has sought out attention for herself at all. If anything, she just goes about what she does and is very very good at what she does do. The media has to be quite annoying for her at times but she handles it all with style and grace.
Well she has definitely sought the limelight (and has profited nicely from it)..becoming an author (you do have to promote your brand in order to sell the book), writing for Waitrose, now writing for, what is it, the Telegraph? She's done a charitable gig, opening up a school. She does seek attention (nothing wrong with that). It's her brother and arguably her parents who try to keep it more low key. And the annoyance from the paps does come with it - the price to fame. But she does handle it with dignity.

What I don't think is fair is the idea that she wants to "bag" a title because her sister has, or that this is all part of some sort of master plan by their mother, a modern day Mrs. Bennett ("two daughters married, Mr. Bennett.. and to dukes!").
Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Pippa tries to handle her life in the spotlight with dignity and grace but there are people who are waiting for the slightest slip up.

The whole "bagging" a title stuff and Carole Middleton plots are all made up by the media and silly journalist egging the false stories on.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I’m no beginner when it comes to biking. I learnt to ride in the countryside around my parents’ house in Bucklebury, on a solid mountain bike with thick tyres designed to blast through mud and puddles. When, a couple of years ago, I completed the Highland Cross, a gruelling 20-mile fell run and 30-mile cycle race across Scotland, the hours I’d spent in the saddle in Berkshire’s rutted country lanes stood me in good stead.
However, cycling in the city is a different matter – and not just because of the traffic. Urban cyclists intimidate me. I may mock them as geeks in their “bib tights” (essentially Lycra dungarees), streamlined helmets and triple lens, wraparound sunglasses but, in truth, their hard-nosed attitude – some can be incredibly rude – and self-belief that they are the rightful rulers of the road makes me nervous.
Pippa Middleton: how I finally joined the cycling brigade - Telegraph

Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I give her credit for the effort (obsessive immersion?) she puts into these articles. She reminds me of the young Martha Stewart who simgleminded-ly chased the best way to do everything in the home and garden.
She's also well aware that her readers are mostly not in her economic class and she handles that, I think, deftly. She shares the rough bits while letting you know she toughed them out. Not a bad message at all.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton