Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like her or not, Pippa is a very accomplished athlete and I anticipate that she'll continue to do charity sports feats for the Matthews Foundation and will continue to get press for them.

In particular, the first marathon sporting event she completes after having a child will receive press.

It's not about like her or not it's about her not being royal so hopefully she can have a life without media following her every move like everyone else. The press don't follow Camilla sister or Diana's sisters if she had been married at the time of Kate's wedding we would hardly see any news about her at all.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You really can't compare Diana's sisters to Pippa and the situation now.

The media and world has very much changed when it comes to coverage. Diana's sisters were all older and married...very low profile. Then Diana and Charles had years of strife so the focus was all on them. Diana was not particularly close to her sisters either.

Pippa will always be watched due to who she's related to and how close she is to her family (her sister, future Queen, BIL future King and her nephew future King...not to mention the princess niece).

You can't put the genie back into the bottle.

LaRae

I think one of the finest things about Pippa an her immediate family is that they take repeated chucks on the jaw and just keep on keeping on. It shows resilience and maturity, IMO.

I agree!

Who was it who said that living well is the best revenge?

Interest will slowly fade away but the British media landscape is overcdowded with newspapers, tabloids, magazines, tv-channels and websites, all competing with each other. They are also in English, so waaaay more potential readers or viewers than in every other language. For the sake of Philippa, I hope she can enjoy great life in beautiful Scotland.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

I don't think Pippa will be spending her days in Scotland. Glen Affric is rented for people to stay at. James's parents don't live there. Her family will be near London and James's company trades in the City.

Last edited:
You really can't compare Diana's sisters to Pippa and the situation now.

Pippa will always be watched due to who she's related to and how close she is to her family (her sister, future Queen, BIL future King and her nephew future King...not to mention the princess niece).

You can't put the genie back into the bottle.

LaRae
well you can, one hopes. Far as I can see a lot of the attention on PHilippa is to do with her single status and her being willing to be seen out there "doing things".. She is IMO courting media attention. But I think once she's not single, unless she ends up divorced the attention will fade away. She's not very interesting, and once she's a little older and married, people wont watch her. Besides I think a lot of the attention she gets is negative.. People and the Press see her and the Middletons as pushy, and looking for notice and once she has passed the young and single stage, she's not going to be noticed any more..

It's not about like her or not it's about her not being royal so hopefully she can have a life without media following her every move like everyone else. The press don't follow Camilla sister or Diana's sisters if she had been married at the time of Kate's wedding we would hardly see any news about her at all.

I dont believe that she or James dont want Media attention. They both seem to court it. but a lot of it is unkind IMO. The press aren't writing stories of how lovely they are, it is more to set them up to be jeered at for failure at business or "starting yet another job" or dating someone else in P's case.. THe Press tends to see the Middletons as a pushy family who don't know how to behave, s a lot of the coverage is to reflect that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get this on the record, I don't see her as pushy. I don't think she tells the press ahead of time where she will be, so that they can take her picture. That's what I see as pushy. I do think the paps get tips about her from restaurants and airline check-ins - but those come from people associated with those locations rather than Pippa, herself.
I do think she participates in charity events and for good reason puts that out there. It draws eyes to charities.
I do think the paps watch her - particularity at times when they think she will be out and about (the horses, Wimbledon, walking the dog, hitting the gym - she does have a predictable schedule).
I think the press overreacted to the wedding response and she took advantage of being in the limelight to make money and write publicly while she was "hot". Just like lots of celebs who pen books when in the limelight.
That phase of her life seems to be over and she recognized that pretty quickly - she is not a stupid woman. She's on to other things in life.
Anyone who wants to believe that she is a social sycophant can do so. I just see her as a fairly typical young woman of her social set and age, if a bit on the dull side.

I don't see Pippa as pushy either.
If she was, she'd be giving lots of interviews about wedding plans, etc. but she isn't.

When she and James made the announcement, there were comments about Who do they think they are? Yet, prior to that, there was so much speculation about an engagement!

I suspect there'll be some article about the Middletons in the press from now until the wedding; there's one in the DM again today comparing Carole to Jane Matthews.

As always, it's generated hundreds of comments, and every one means more advertising revenue for the paper. Which means more articles! It's a vicious cycle!

For some reason the sisters always remind me of Jackie Kennedy and her sister Lee .... I don't see pippa pushy either she is just a young woman in the spotlight

Sadly, the media dubbed the Middleton family as pushy. Their idea is that Mrs. Middleton is the head pusher.

That's not what this family about and Pippa is doing good for herself. I wish her the best in this very big step in her life. There are no fairy tales involved here.

The press also dubbed Princess Michael of Kent, 'Princess Pushy'. Imagine having that handle.

Living well is the best revenge. Pippa has a life few of us can dream of. Summers at Wimbledon, holidays in Mustique and St Barts. Don't forget the ski trips to France and Switzerland. On top of that she does a lot for charity.

I love Pippa because she drives the keyboard warriors mad. I hope she has a long and prosperous life.

Last edited:
of course seh's rich, but that's not any of her doing. it is because her parents earned the money. And as far as I can see much of thte press coverage of her is sneering. But I dont suppose she cares
I really dont wish anything for her other than she disappears inot relative obscurity, and I think that will happen...

Does it really matter if she rides into the sunset of obscurity or is forevermore chronicled if she happen to burp at an inopportune moment? Ultimately, its our own personal decisions who we want to know about and who we don't want to know about.

I wouldn't know a Kardasian if one sat next to me on a bus. :D

Does it really matter if she rides into the sunset of obscurity or is forevermore chronicled if she happen to burp at an inopportune moment? Ultimately, its our own personal decisions who we want to know about and who we don't want to know about.

I wouldn't know a Kardasian if one sat next to me on a bus. :D

If a Kardasian sat next to me on a bus I'd get up and move to a different seat:lol:.
Perhaps that's why I don't see Pippa or the Middletons as pushy - here in the USA we have families like the Ks and compared to them the Middletons, even including Uncle Gary, are discretion personified.

but the Kardashians are the sort of people you expect to be making a living out of being famous for being famous.. Isn't one of them famous for having a large backside? You DONT expect it from the sister of the POWs sons wife. (OK Pippa isn't as bad as the Ks or their like). but she IS in te news and just now she's hard to completely avoid..

but the Kardashians are the sort of people you expect to be making a living out of being famous for being famous.. Isn't one of them famous for having a large backside? You DONT expect it from the sister of the POWs sons wife. (OK Pippa isn't as bad as the Ks or their like). but she IS in te news and just now she's hard to completely avoid..

Is there any evidence that Pippa is making money out of being famous? I think that her charities would would be very pleased that she is attracting attention but I don't think she, herself, is profiting in any way other than gaining publicity.

She is the sister of the future Queen Consort of the UK. Images of her were shown all over the world during her sister's wedding and later during the period the media played with the idea of her being close to Harry. Pippa is bound to attract media attention at times for the rest of her life, such as now when she is newly engaged, the period leading up to her wedding, the wedding itself (bearing in mind Kate and William will be at that wedding), when she has her own children (who will be nieces/nephews of the future Queen Consort and cousins to the future king), and at other random times in the future such as when she is involved in charity events and when her sister becomes Princess of Wales and, later, Queen Consort. She will always attract a certain amount of media attention.

I think they are a good match. As sister of the future Queen Pippa needed a wealthy man who can pay for a lavish lifestyle and has no problem living in the public eye at the same time.
James is one of these rich bachelors who needed a socialite who knows how to live in the social circles he moves in. He's 40, has never been married, that's kind of a statement that he was waiting for a specific girl fitting in or that other girls weren't interested in or qualified for the kind of life he's been leading.

:previous:Her 400,000 advance for book. No new writer whose party career is working for her parents party supply business would even get a 10th of that as an advance. Unless they have a name to sell.

Her career writing articles for magazines. If she was Pippa Smith from Manchester, her 'articles' would never be published. She didn't have the skill and her name didn't even carry interest long enough.

Her TV interviews and magazines. Didn't get them for winning races or big achievements.

At least her fame is now supporting good causes.

Well, I won't click on The Mail but I believe the headline. They must have known each other a very long time, because in 2012 Spencer gave an interview saying this about them:

SL: There’s a teeny tiny rumor floating that your older brother, James is dating Pippa Middleton. What’s the word on this?

SM: You know, my brother is an extremely private guy and he just despises any mention of his name in any press. He is the opposite of me, although we’re quite good friends. However, what you read in the Daily Mail isn’t too far from the truth.

I know they’ve always been very close friends – well, they’ve had a close friendship for awhile and it seems that there might be something more there, but I don’t know. As I said, my brother doesn’t tell me anything. I’m the last one he keeps informed on that.

Spencer Matthews On ‘Made In Chelsea’ And A Gal Named Pippa Middleton [EXCLUSIVE] - Socialite Life

I think marriages with a strong foundation of friendship are usually the best ones.

IS she making money for good causes? I assumed that she was making money for herself. I seem to recall Fergie claiming that the royalties from her books (when she was a young married) would go to charity but most of the money was kept for herself because she needed it.. And I assumed that Pippa is the same. Her family are well to do, but I would guess with her lifestyle she needs lot of dosh and she may give some to charity or do some appearances for charities, but her book advances etc are for herself.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

The fundraising for her sporting challenges is also done by just giving webpage online. The money goes directly to the charity not the person fundraising.

Here's the page for London to Brighton bike

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Pippa-Middleton1

She never claimed that money from Celebrate would be going to charity.

You know that old saying when you assume....

All the carrying on about the 'age gap'. It's less than 10 years. Big deal. The media just has to create drama. It's enough to say they were in other relationships along the way and the timing wasn't right.

LaRae

IS she making money for good causes? I assumed that she was making money for herself. I seem to recall Fergie claiming that the royalties from her books (when she was a young married) would go to charity but most of the money was kept for herself because she needed it.. And I assumed that Pippa is the same. Her family are well to do, but I would guess with her lifestyle she needs lot of dosh and she may give some to charity or do some appearances for charities, but her book advances etc are for herself.

There in lies your problem. :whistling::whistling:

There is £17,729 on her just giving page for the London to Brighton bike ride.

The dinner she attended did. The people who hosted, bought tickets, donated to the auction and buyers raised that amount.

Pippa did raise almost 1900 with her own auction prize and 32,000 with her bike race:flowers:

I didn't mean to imply that she, herself, raised 275,000 pounds although I see the description in the link does do that. The article itself says she helped raise it, by her involvement with the Foundation and the events she participated in. She made a speech at the event, and she sold that heart-shaped bag of hers to raise funds.

The article says: "In her role as ambassador for the charity, Pippa raised over $32,000 in the Race Across America bike challenge back in 2014, and she hit the saddle again last June for the London to Brighton Bike Ride." I think the US$32,000 plus 17,729 pounds from the London to Brighton Bike Ride Skippyboo has confirmed for us, adds up to serious money.

I think her contribution by way of competing in the fundraising events and speaking at the functions shows that she is serious about what she is doing. That Race Across America bike challenge was a 3,000 mile bike race! Yes, it was primarily to raise funds for the foundation set up in memory of James Matthews' brother who died in 1999, but the contribution to the British Heart Foundation was a significant one.

:previous:

She's raised some serious money for the British Heart Foundation:

Pippa Middleton Raises $275,000 for British Heart Foundation Charity : People.com

i like pippa. yes, she is a socialite with a dubious job, if any at all, and yes, we see her more travelling the world than doing anything with herself, just like the rest of socialites out there, but at least she contributes back to society in a way or another. she and her family have hit jackpot being the in laws to the royals, and i am sure they are grateful for that and want to give back in some way or another. hopefully james will get involved with something too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom