The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton heads out for hotdogs in London with stockbroker boyfriend Nico Jackson | Mail Online

Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

‘Don’t knock Pippa Middleton, she’s as talented as a Cordon Bleu chef!’:
‘Don’t knock Pippa Middleton, she’s as talented as a Cordon Bleu chef!’ | Royal | News | Daily Express

I think people just have to give Pippa a chance and stop reading those crazy tabloid stories about her.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pippa Middleton sheds light on her days as a student in her first Waitrose food column:
Pippa Middleton sheds light on her days as a student in her first Waitrose food column | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh Dear as bad as the book I fear the colunm is again having her appear Professor of the obvious .. IMO only of course ....
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

I'm proud of her capitalizing on her stardom. :-)
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Oh Dear as bad as the book I fear the colunm is again having her appear Professor of the obvious .. IMO only of course ....
Actually, she wrote about how she started to experiment in the kitchen while in college.
Then she goes on to write about how she still sees Friday as a night to invite people over for a nosh and some adult beverages. Several recipes for duck rolls and mojitos follow.
Someone at the DM tried the recipes and wrote an article about how it took 6 people until Friday midnight to get the food out.
I don't know what challenges those people have, but I looked at the recipes and most were 10-20 minutes prep, the rice and duck had cook times under 1/2 hour and the rest was assembly. The poor author spent 1.5 hours in Waitrose picking up ingredients. On my worst day, I could not drag it out to that long. Of course, I have some of the bits and pieces on hand. I suppose it helps if you actually understand what you are buying (catty comment, I admit).
Anyway - back to Pippa. I agree with her - college was my time to begin to pick up kitchen skills and recipes. My first Friday friends food night was stuffed zucchini and almond trout. Fun and Yum. Go Pippa.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The difference is that the DM reporters didn't want it to work

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The difference is that the DM reporters didn't want it to work
Thanks cepe - LOL The DM posted all these pictures of "The Happy Hostess."

Please notice I have not supplied a link for the article. On Purpose. Don't waste your time.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't tell if this is really Pippa writing or if it's satire, but I think it's actually Pippa- I looked around the site and it said in several places she'd be writing an adventure diary for this week's spectator. Don't know what this publication is like though.

Anyway- if this is real, I'm impressed. Not only by her eagerness to take on sporting challenges, but by her sense of humor about herself.

'Bring it on, Boris!' Pippa Middleton's Spectator diary Spectator Blogs
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to Richard Palmer's feed, Pippa's Spectator Diary is real, and Boris Johnson has accepted her challenge and will play ping pong with her some time soon in the garden at the Spectator's offices.

This is the coolest thing I've seen her do by the way- this piece. I think she could make a real name for herself if she gets into writing regular columns not just about entertaining but about sports and her sporting adventures.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton attended wedding of a friend, accompanied by George Percy.
Pippa Middleton attends aristocratic wedding - Telegraph
Old 04-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Pippa Middleton attended wedding of a friend, accompanied by George Percy.
Pippa Middleton attends aristocratic wedding - Telegraph
She looks awful!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She looks awful!

That's a tad harsh, but now you come to mention it ..... what was she thinking!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Nobility

I think she was trying to go for a 1930 fashion thing here but it didn't work out well... Not to long ago I read an interview where someone said that fur always made people look older. I did not really believe it until know..
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I think she was trying to go for a 1930 fashion thing here but it didn't work out well... Not to long ago I read an interview where someone said that fur always made people look older. I did not really believe it until know..
With that look it would be easy to glance at her and think she's going to a fancy dress party dressed as Wallis Simpson. It doesn't look good on her at all.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobility

True. She'd be better off going as herself.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Really spooky outfit IMO .. I thought maybe a lighter colour gown and the split though fine for a dinner looked a bit tacky only IMO naturally....
Old 04-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Definitely ages her- she looks much, much better in things that are younger and have more color.

Glad to see her with George Percy though. Part of me still hopes they end up together eventually.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Ah, George again, he seems to pop up whenever she's broken up w/ a bf, wonder if Nico (is that his name?) is history.
The fashion box in the article liked the outfit, I'm hopelessly old fashioned fashionwise, so I won't venture an opinion.
The blog about the skiing was actually interesting as it shows that she has a sense of humor and isn't afraid to laugh at herself - refreshing.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

They have both received an invitation (separately I should think) to attend the wedding of a friend from university. Her boyfriend (name escapes me) would not have received an invite because the hosts wouldn't have known about him when the invites went out. And anyway they cant invite everyones non permanent boyfriend.

Just friends in my opinion. The test will be who is invited to his sister's wedding on 22 June.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton