Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like the low profile of the ring...not much of an art deco fan but I do like vintage jewelry.

LaRae

The interest in Pippa is not about to die down folks. The wedding interests will grow and once those babies come along, the media will focus on them too. This is the family of the future Queen Consort.

Nope not a chance the people/media will lose interest she will forever be in the public eye and of great public interest.

LaRae

:previous: I am sure in the early days of Diana the same was likely said about her sisters and brother. Now other than when the Earl causes a scandal or gives an interview, we hear very little. Pippa's kids as future playmates may get some attention like the Spencer cousins. But even they only get much attention for over the top behavior.

Happy the news was real for once. Congratulations to the couple and families :flowers:

I like the vintage style. Big for my taste, but not OTT. And the shape makes it far more practical than Kate's IMO.:)

I think interest in Pippa and James will remain for a while, at least through to the wedding and shortly afterwards, especially if they do interesting things. Pippa is very photogenic and James is good-looking and still has hair and they make an attractive couple, so we will see lots of photographs of them, and interest in Pippa will remain if she keeps doing interesting things like her fundraising activities for the Heart Foundation.

Oh I think the interest will hold through the wedding and then there will be a lot of pregnancy speculation. She'll never be totally out of the spotlight, but I think that once she's been married a little while and maybe has a child or two- there will be less interest in her private life and more just coverage of her when attending public events.

Yes, Pippa now have a charitable public profile. She's a regular attendee at Wimbledon and once in a while she's out and about on the town. The interest will remain.

I like her ring very much, and I hope that both her niece and her nephew have a role in the wedding- it would be lovely to see them in it.

I don't know about that, Charlotte is so young! Even William... if Pippa married in 2017 he'll only be three! Too young to be reliable.

I don't know about that, Charlotte is so young! Even William... if Pippa married in 2017 he'll only be three! Too young to be reliable.

I know you meant George :) And if she gets married next summer, he'll be four.

Charlotte might be a little young (two in May 2017) but I'd be surprised if George didn't have a role.

They're her only niece and nephew.

If they marry in the summer he will be 4 or near (July). Considering 2 of Kate's flower girls were 3 (Eliza and Grace). I wouldn't rule out George at all unless completely uncontrollable. William was 4 at Andrew's.

I don't think it is an actual vintage pi EEC since I think the cut of the diamond is a newer cut. Vintage inspired maybe. She looks very happy and I hope the wedding will be sooner rathe r than later, like January or february.

I don't envy them the planning of it, given that it'll need to take into account Catherine and William's schedules.

Some dates will be automatically out (I can guarantee you it won't be June 17, for example). The royal calendar is pretty unforgiving and the wedding will, I suspect, not be able to conflict with the spring state visit, Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, etc, etc etc. April is usually a really busy month for the Cambridges, and is likely to contain a tour.

And then, of course, there are all the normal family "you can't have it on *that* day" conflicts. George's birthday, William and Catherine's wedding anniversary *and* James Middleton's birthday are all on Saturdays next year.

I can't imagine trying to schedule all of that. It's no wonder the wedding's next year.

Ii think it would be a great surprise to do an English winter wedding in Bucklebury in January... A pretty open time in the royal calendar. Snow covered countryside and horse drawn sleighs ....and no obvious comparisons to her sisters wedding (nor all of their friends). Pippa entertains for a living so I am sure she wants something very different. Whatever she does it ought to be good.

Ii think it would be a great surprise to do an English winter wedding in Bucklebury in January... A pretty open time in the royal calendar. Snow covered countryside and horse drawn sleighs ....and no obvious comparisons to her sisters wedding (nor all of their friends). Pippa entertains for a living so I am sure she wants something very different. Whatever she does it ought to be good.

oooh I like that idea. That would be beautiful.

I agree. I think Christmas time weddings are gorgeous. Faux Fur muffs for the little bridesmaids, capes, velvet, fur on the bridal outfit. It would be cold but so lovely. If the bride and groom didn't want to wait it could be this Christmas. And I do think George will be page boy at the wedding.

The bridesmaids chosen will probably include some little ones. James is the first of David and Jane Matthews children to marry but he has a married half sister with children. Not sure she has a daughter, though. Pippa has several adult friends she could ask to be bridesmaids, and it will be interesting to see what they wear.

I think they should pull a Branson (destination) or winter wedding. In either case I would vote for using a family property. A beach wedding at the family resort in St Barts, in January when Kate is usually free, would work.

But a winter wedding at Glen Affrec, heck even a summer one, would be stunning. Muffs, fur cloaks, sleighs, would all stun in that surrounding. Or a summer wedding with reception out along the loch would be beautiful. Either would certainly be distinct from her sister.
GlenAffric-The-nitty-gritty

Pippa's ring is lovely. I read somewhere that it is not vintage, but is Deco-inspired. Apparently the diamonds are set in a bezel (the stones are protected with metal) all around, so there won't be prongs. It's a great setting for someone as active as Pippa. I worked as a librarian, and preferred bezel sets because I would often bang rings against metal shelving. The setting is also great because prongs often snag on clothes.

I saw an estimate of £200,000!! Must be flawless and platinum! Beautiful.

I don't envy them the planning of it, given that it'll need to take into account Catherine and William's schedules.

Some dates will be automatically out (I can guarantee you it won't be June 17, for example). The royal calendar is pretty unforgiving and the wedding will, I suspect, not be able to conflict with the spring state visit, Royal Ascot, Wimbledon, etc, etc etc. April is usually a really busy month for the Cambridges, and is likely to contain a tour.

And then, of course, there are all the normal family "you can't have it on *that* day" conflicts. George's birthday, William and Catherine's wedding anniversary *and* James Middleton's birthday are all on Saturdays next year.

I can't imagine trying to schedule all of that. It's no wonder the wedding's next year.

Most of June is out because it's a heavy Royal event month but the end of July and August when the Queen goes to Balmoral are light Royal engagement times. Other than George or Charlotte's birthdays, an adult birthday doesn't have to be avoided. Princess Anne married Mark Phillips on Charles's birthday. Even around Pippa's birthday Sept 6 would be a good time especially weather wise.

Rebecca and Miguel are probably starting on the Cambridge's 2017 schedule of engagements so if there is a specific date that Pippa wants they can pencil W&K in.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Since Kate and Will are the only royals to take into account, only events they are likely to attend need be considered. Trooping of the color is the only major commitment in June. Wimbledon is a numerous day event and they don't attend all. Ascot is the same and they have only attended once. A wedding on the 24th of June, a Saturday, wouldn't stop them attending say ladies day two days before. If the wedding is in Scotland or else, they could leave later that day and be with Pippa in prep.

I don't see April. The 15th is James' birthday, 21st (Friday) queen's which Will will be expected at, and 29 is Kate's anniversary. July 22 is a Saturday (George) will avoid it.

I don't think royals, aristos, people who make lots of money, etc, necessarily marry on a Saturday do they?

Some do but others don't, and I'm sure a Friday would be just as suitable as a weekend. The Cambridges aren't so rushed off their feet in the summer months with Royal and extended family engagements that they wouldn't be able to attend a sibling's (in-law's) nuptials.

It would be pretty sad if not, as the Queen and Prince Philip, with hundreds of engagements under their belts each year, still managed to attend all their children's and grandchildren's so far.

I'm not so sure that it will be next year, actually, especially if James and Pippa choose a 'destination wedding'. Nice to marry in warmth in the depths of an English late autumn/ winter and then have a honeymoon somewhere warm and private as well.

:previous: I agree. It is only William and Kate whose Royal commitments need to be taken into account. Pippa and James are private citizens and Kate and William are only on the wedding list because they are Pippa's sister and brother-in-law respectively.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

They said 2017 for the wedding. James's parents own a very high end resort in St Bart's. It would not be very difficult to have the wedding there. The Middleton's have a large house in Berkshire which could host the reception so it's not like Pippa and James have to be on a waiting list for a venue spot to open up. Being a party planner,Pippa probably has a good idea of what's she wants for her wedding in her head already.

Not having the wedding during Wimbledon is more a Middleton thing than a royal one. They were at the tournament more than any Royal.

Harry and the Yorks Girls will probably be invited too.

I have no doubt that the Cambridges will be at the wedding but Pippa is not going to have Trooping the Colour Saturday as her first choice of a date.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
I don't think royals, aristos, people who make lots of money, etc, necessarily marry on a Saturday do they?

Some do but others don't, and I'm sure a Friday would be just as suitable as a weekend. The Cambridges aren't so rushed off their feet in the summer months with Royal and extended family engagements that they wouldn't be able to attend a sibling's (in-law's) nuptials.

It would be pretty sad if not, as the Queen and Prince Philip, with hundreds of engagements under their belts each year, still managed to attend all their children's and grandchildren's so far.

I'm not so sure that it will be next year, actually, especially if James and Pippa choose a 'destination wedding'. Nice to marry in warmth in the depths of an English late autumn/ winter and then have a honeymoon somewhere warm and private as well.

It's not exhaustive, but starting with the kids' godparents and extending out to others in their set, it looks like Saturday is the rule, not the exception:

William van Cutsem May 11 2013 Saturday
Edward van Cutsem November 6 2004 Saturday
Hugh vC June 4 2005 Saturday
Nicholas vC August 14 2009 Friday
Edwina Grovesnor November 27 2010 Saturday
Oliver Baker May 1 2010 Saturday
Emilia Jardine Paterson April 17 2010 Saturday
Laura Fellowes May 30 2009 Saturday
Tom vS June 22 2013 Saturday
James Meade September 14 2013 Saturday
Alice St John Webster and Gerald Alvenel June 30 2012 (sat)
rupert finch natasha june 8 2013 Saturday
Charlie Savory Lucy May 8 2010
Bear Maclean august 15 2015 Saturday
Olivia Hunt March 5 201116

I remember when they first dated back in 2012 briefly at the time Spencer the brother of James was still on the reality TV show Made in Chelsea there was a jokey conversation about the "royal"romance between James and Pippa. Lucky now for the couple the Spencer has left the show and there will be no comment on a reality show about connections to the future Queen!

Mike Tindall drinking urine on a reality show pretty much tops it all anyway. The Queen isn't nearly as put out by this stuff as some commentators are.

I didn't realise James was as rich as he is until I googled him. He has a private jet?

:previous: I agree. It is only William and Kate whose Royal commitments need to be taken into account. Pippa and James are private citizens and Kate and William are only on the wedding list because they are Pippa's sister and brother-in-law respectively.

Maybe not; there's been speculation that Harry may attend, and also Beatrice and Eugenie.
They are all said to be friendly with Pippa.

I've read that James Matthews has three nieces (and a teen nephew) that he is close to. The two older girls are teenagers, but the youngest, Yasmina, could well be a bridesmaid at the coming nuptials. James's uncle told the Press that they had been 'waiting a long time for this' (presumably James's marriage,) so no doubt the family is very relieved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got caught up on the posts from the last couple of days.

It's definitely a unique ring. Large, but different from the usual emerald cut or brilliant cut you see with most celebrities. It's octagonal halo reminds me of Nicole Richie's ring, but I prefer Pippa's vintage/vintage-inspired look.

With the rumors that James and Donna Air might get engaged soon it could be a very busy next year for the Middleton family,especially if the Cambridges have a third child in that time. Though it will be hard to top the Parker-Bowles family, with their 3 weddings in 13 months, Camilla-Tom-Laura all in short succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom