The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

I literally laugh out loud at the DM! They sure do love to wind up their readership with 'class warfare' articles. Articles about Pippa especially. One thing I will say, the DM knows their chav readership well. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I literally laugh out loud at the DM! They sure do love to wind up their readership with 'class warfare' articles. Articles about Pippa especially. One thing I will say, the DM knows their chav readership well. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.
Class warfare?
I read the Daily Mail, I'm not a chav. Don't generalise please. The DM gets hit hard constantly, but when it comes down to it they're the first for information and decent high quality pictures.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Class warfare?
I read the Daily Mail, I'm not a chav. Don't generalise please. The DM gets hit hard constantly, but when it comes down to it they're the first for information and decent high quality pictures.
Good for you
Old 10-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Pippa's Book Launch-
pippa-book-launch-964107 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

Getty Images - Search: Pippa Middleton Book Launch 2012
Old 10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I try not to read the comments on the DM site, especially when it comes down to Catherine and her family. They do produce great pictures but but their attitude and and some of their online comments will scare you to death. So I just look forward to some of their information and pictures.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

They do have good photos BUT be careful because they crop the pictures or are very selective with their photos in order to get their 'biased' views across.
Even with their photos you have to double check them online.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. I'm just glad to see Pippa out doing something great and sharing her entertaining experience with everyone. I'm sure her family and friends must be very proud of her.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

It is unbelievable IMO, with that state of affairs in Britain at the moment , Pippa is the headline story with the DM but see my comment above and decide for yourself who this article is aimed at.

I agree. Pippa is great and its nice she has such a supportive family.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The DM gets hit hard constantly, but when it comes down to it they're the first for information and decent high quality pictures.
I agree, they have lots of interesting articles.

But they do like to wind people up! The comments are often nasty and mean-spirited, and the DM deliberately tries to provoke them, imo.

(For some reason the people screaming that they have zero interest in the RF or the Middletons never seem to catch on that they are adding to the hundreds of comments...and thus begging for more of the same!)

Anyway, I liked all three of Pippa's dresses, and hope her book is a runaway best-seller!
I especially want it to succeed, because many of the people trashing it haven't even read it.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

So far, I've found the plum dress to be ID's as Roksanda Ilincik:
Pippa Middleton Wears Roksanda Ilincic Autumn Winter 2012 To 'Celebrate' Launch | Grazia Fashion

I like all three, but this plummy s yummy

and https://www.facebook.com/pippa.middleton.blog says the black dress is Markus Lupfer and the Grey by Stella McCartney
Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
It is unbelievable IMO, with that state of affairs in Britain at the moment , Pippa is the headline story with the DM but see my comment above and decide for yourself who this article is aimed at.
You don't live in the UK what does it matter to you if the head story on the DM online site is about a woman launching her book?
You know we're pretty happy over here to switch over from the repeatative news about the recession, Jimmy Saville being a paedophile, the weather being atrocious for this time of year and actually read or see something that's just plain old news about peoples lives.

I believe the article is aimed at people who can read, isn't that what words are about?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Well to use the DM's own words, its a "Mid-market 'populist' tabloid" so I'll leave it at that
Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

My first book launch: Published author Pippa changes into THREE different dresses at just ONE venue to promote her party guide | Mail Online

She looks like she got a little help from a stylist. I really like the LBD with the green front. It's a really nice dress. Very easy to wear to all sorts of occassions.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

Pipa looks very Nice in Black dress suits her well .
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duke-of-Earl is absolutely correct about the Daily Mail's deliberate attempts to whip up populist class warfare. They do it in nearly every article, whatever the topic. Case in point is that they're famous for including the home value of just about everyone they write about. They feel the need to tell us how valuable the houses of random members of the public (not to mention celebrities) are, how much everyone's outfit cost, what type of car they drive, etc etc etc.

They do it to get people's backs up. They're basically saying, 'the reason you 'normal' folk are poor is because these sorts of people are rich and live in 4-bedroom detached houses in Gloucestershire worth £500k'.

I will say, however, that they're the best source of large, high-def photos of any news site in the world by some considerable distance.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
Pippa Middleton Arrives at Book Launch & Pippa Middleton hosts children's party:
Home - ITNSource News

You can see Pippa make a few comments to the press and her interacting with the children at the party. She had a pretty successful book launch.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa is just milking the interest in her, its pointless to blame her. She just loves attention. Her 'book' is on the same level as Katie Prices', write (or better: have somebody write) something while you are hot, doesnt matter what, because people will buy it even if it contained nothing.

Pippa has become only one of those so called 'famous for nothing' celebs, like footballers wives etc, its a bit sad to see that she choses to live her life like that, there would be better options other that making money out of lookatme.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I really see nothing wrong turning the attention she has in the media into something positive. It's someting I would be doing too, if I was the brother of the Duchess of Cambridge or any other senior royal. I guess you just have to deal with things the best way you know how, roll with the flow and go on to do some great things.

Look at Tom Parker Bowles.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

The press and media make a fortune off the backs of the Middletons and especially Pippa.
If Pippa wants to write a book, then that's her business. If people don't want to buy it, that's their prerogative.
Personally I hope she is very successful.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I too hope she's very successful. Having that kind of media attenbtion on you can have it's ups and downs but I think you get through it one day at a time and try to make the best of it.

I think what really make me happy for her is that she's able to present who she really is and what she's really about in the media. For years the tabs have been painting her a party girl, with no sense of direction and a person who just want to climb the social latter. Now she's turning that negative attention around and sharing her years of experience in entertaining and her passion for writing.

My family and I are always looking for new ideas when it comes to entertaining and having fun as a family. I like the idea of the donut tree and the Honey and Mustard Sausages sound pretty good.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton