The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It's actually being sold for $32, not $50. Here's a little more info on the book.

Pippa Middleton Book | Celebrate's new cover + quote from Pippa

I know Fergie's dad and mom did multiple interviews with Hello Magazine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that they weren't cashing in. The Queen's cousin runs a party planning business and always mentions her royal connections, but I don't see anyone claiming she's cashing in.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
At the end of the day even the parents were at it selling their royal wedding and jubilee tat.
You do realise that the Middletons own a party supplies business? It's traditional in the UK to hold street parties during major royal events, and even during major sporting events such as the Olympic Games. God forbid the Middletons should sell party supplies themed to fit in with the British people holding parties. They'd have done no differently if they had no connection to the royals whatsoever.

Pippa's publishers obviously feel she has an ability in party planning and that she has produced something that the public would want to buy. Who on earth would turn that opportunity down? She's writing a book about planning parties, not information on the royals, so why would the BRF have any problem with it?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

^Exactly. The Middleton family have been in the party supply business for 20+ years, they shouldn't have to stop selling certain items because their daughter married into the BRF. As for Pippa, she's been a party planner for years, it's not like it was something she just picked up after the wedding. She obviously loves doing it and I don't blame her for taking the opportunities that come her way.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Spletnik.ru --- Ms. Middleton tested the pen
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

There's a classic car event at Syon House from Sept. 5-7.
George Percy is in charge so I wonder if Pippa will be there? Or any of the younger royals?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Party princess Pippa Middleton shimmers in a little black dress as the guest of honour at London club launch | Mail Online

I love Pippa's outfit here!

(But not so much Cressida Bonas. If it's true that she's Harry's new gf, he's picked another who doesn't know how to dress).
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

O.k. Well, I have to say it. Pippa is really looking old. Im not sure if it has to do with the life that she leads or what but she is beginning to look a tad worn out. She looked much better a while back. She needs to take better care of herself or she is going to look like an old prune. Just saying.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

I thought the first few pictures were very nice and that she looked very good, maybe even less makeup on ... but then ... the awful "in your face, bright light angle" of the last picture. I doubt ANYONE would look good. I think the DM had to make up for the earlier nice pictures.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

I like Pippa. She comes across as sporty and outgoing, a fun person to be around. She receives no money from the tax-payer so IMO, she can party 24/7 for all I care.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the way all the Middleton women dress! They look fashionable without being over-the-top.

As for Pippa looking old, that may be due to tanning! Nothing is worse than tanning for your skin (not even smoking).
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

So do I, both the dress and the jacket and necklace. I don't care for ankle-boots, however--perhaps out of sheer envy that I don't have the legs to get away with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Party princess Pippa Middleton shimmers in a little black dress as the guest of honour at London club launch | Mail Online

I love Pippa's outfit here!

(But not so much Cressida Bonas. If it's true that she's Harry's new gf, he's picked another who doesn't know how to dress).
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Majesty

Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
Official word from St. James's Palace regarding Pippa Middleton's book in the following tweet...

Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
"No, St. James's Palace has not banned Pippa Middleton from doing anything. She is a private individual and we don't represent her."
Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton's Book-Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends-

Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends: Pippa Middleton: 9780670026357: Amazon.com: Books

Release Dates: October 30th 2012 US & October 25th 2012 UK
Old 10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Nobility

It will sell like crazy.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton gives a glimpse of her life and fame in new book:
Pippa Middleton gives a glimpse of her life and fame in new book - Telegraph
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Marlborough College

Marlborough College 'cashes in' on the Kate effect with plan to open US sister school | Mail Online
Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Celebrate With Pippa Middleton:
YOU Exclusive: Celebrate with Pippa Middleton | Mail Online

I will pick up a copy of this book as I too like entertaining. I wish Pippa all the success in the world.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Celebrate With Pippa Middleton:
YOU Exclusive: Celebrate with Pippa Middleton | Mail Online

I will pick up a copy of this book as I too like entertaining. I wish Pippa all the success in the world.
me too she seems really down to earth

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton