The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton: 'I don't like her face. She should only show her back' - Karl Lagerfeld | Mail Online

Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Clearly Mr. Lagerfeld has avoided mirrors for the last 20 years. Glass houses, etc.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

That's just Karl, though. He even calls women like Heidi Klum ugly and size 0 models fat.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

He just wants attention, imo.

Who is he to criticize anyone else's looks? Pot, meet kettle!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Oh, Karl! What are we going to do with you! Pippa isn't my favorite (through no fault of her own!) but she is pretty. Go back to entertaining your cute kitten Choupette and designing stuff that I like but could never wear!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton puts Karl Lagerfeld's cruel comments behind her stepping out in monochrome dress at film premiere | Mail Online
Old 08-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

I Think she Looks Nice , Liked her Dress But it would be Much better if without the White lace Or Whatever .
Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

Pippa plays no active part in the world of fashion. She neither designs nor models. So I don't think Lagerfeld has any business to comment on her looks - she did not enter the sphere where his opinions count or could be constructed as having been called for. So IMHO it is just bad manners on Lagerfeld's side when he comments in such a personal way about a private person who did nothing to warrant his critizism besides having been the bridesmaid of her elder sister. Okay, said sister married a future king but still that does not make Pippa someone who craves the attention of a fashion designer, famous or not.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

The dress is nice but omg, that eyeliner is killing me. So ugly.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

first time since KL remark that I have seen her look not so pretty, do not like the dress, the tan, the sloppy hair and the heavy make up.

Only her nails look good. (glad no one looks at me with such scrutiny)
Old 08-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree on this occasion she looks messy and I do have to say as a lover of black eyeliner myself[I just can't help myself] it's a bit much on her .. and I am no Pippa Middleton fan ... however I think that Karl Lagerfeld is really cruel to say such things I mean it is the one thing she cannot do much about.. really mean what a piggy type statement.
Anyway in the black she looks nice but the whole look together is well sloppy IMO
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

There is nothing wrong with black eyeliner but unless you've got Mila Kunis-esque huge eyes, drawing your entire lower lid is a big No No.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the dress, but I don't think tans look nice on anyone.

(I know I'm in the minority, but I feel tans have a harsh, aging effect on people, and tanning is very bad for your skin, anyway).
Old 08-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Revealed: Pippa Middleton's manual on how to celebrate in style... and guess whose face is all over the cover?
Quote:
After photographs of her shapely figure at the Royal Wedding gained worldwide attention, few can blame Pippa Middleton for making the most of her enviable looks. And the cover of her eagerly awaited book about party planning is unlikely to leave her legion of male fans feeling disappointed - her picture appears no fewer than four times. Miss Middleton is shown in a range of saccharine poses on the front and back of her debut book, entitled Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whose face does the Daily Mail think should be on the cover of Pippa's book? Dame Edna? I'm actually surprised the front cover isn't just a massive picture of Pippa, to be honest.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Ooh, Dame Edna's face on a book on partying would have been perfect!
DM had to write something about the book, didn't it? I doubt the writers are actually going to read it, so comments on cover are the "best" we could get.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

oh hum boring Pippa again IMO I'm not sure her advice would rock my world ... but I guess good for her for cashing in...
Old 08-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

50 bucks? That is seriously overpriced. You Google Party Ideas Tumblr or Blog and get overloaded with pictures and ideas. For free.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

It'll not sell for $50. If you look at the RRP on the back of any book for sale in the UK, it's usually way more that it's actually being sold for. I suppose it makes the purchaser feel like they got a good deal.

For example,I bought Andrew Marr's Diamond Queen in hardback earlier this year. Its RRP was £25, but Asda were selling it at £15. It's pretty standard practice in this country at least.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Well, the completely unknown Pippa Middleton wouldn't have got this book deal so of course it is a blatant example of cashing in. We never got anything similar from Sophie Wessex's brother or even Fergie's parents or sister. The Middletons IMO seem so eager to please the royals that I am amazed that Pippa would do this but then it's funny what greed does. At the end of the day even the parents were at it selling their royal wedding and jubilee tat.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton