The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I dont find her attractive at all, very soon she will look as harsh as her sister and then the nice headlines are all over. She has to be careful that she doesnt become the unlucky sister stereotype depending on what will happen later in her life when deliberately attracting so much attention.
The fact that Pippa is such a happy young lady will affect her facial expression as she grows older.. any harshness of bone structure will be softened.
I like her.. she has a certain je ne sais quoi about her.. I think it's her love of life and joy. Good for her.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's what was said about Prince Felipe of Spain; there was an article long ago in Town & Country about how he was determined to marry royalty or at least someone from the highest nobility.

Instead he ended up marrying a commoner television personality, so never say never. (At least Pippa's not divorced).
If you look at the last part of my post on Amedeo of Belgium, I did leave open the possibility of Pippa and him, saying that the Habsburgs have very much relaxed the requirements for an equal marriage now (they seem to only require Roman Catholicism as the religion and nothing more).

If I might make it clear, I have nothing against the Middleton girls in terms of a "clean" background (you mentioned Letizia being divorced)..... Kate seemed very well behaved in terms of her lovelife, something that not all "society" girls can say for themselves. I only "object" their seemingly lack of "drive" in terms of a serious career.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I was simply pointing out the double standards in the criticism. Saying someone is boring is a personal opinion. Saying someone is lazy and never worked based on media conjecture isn't "fact"

The Prince of Wales website has her resume if you care to view it yourself.
I already apologised for misinterpreting what was posted about the Belgian Royal Family. And I'm sorry that you think I employed double standards. I'll try not to let it happen again.

I already viewed Kate's resume at the P of W's website a few days ago before this "debate" started, thank you.

I never said Kate was lazy and never worked. Only I find her accomplishments not very impressive/meaningful (based on her potential). And that she (seemingly) concentrated on being a royal girlfriend. And as I've stated earlier, I expect her do more work as member of the BRF.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
...I find her accomplishments not very impressive/meaningful (based on her potential). And that she (seemingly) concentrated on being a royal girlfriend. And as I've stated earlier, I expect her do more work as member of the BRF.
Interesting...could you clarify what you mean by "impressive/meaningful" and also "potential" I'm sure that would clear up a lot of the confusion. Also as to her "concentrating" on being a royal girlfriend, was it wrong for her to show her love and support to William?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

This is so hypocritical of the DM: they usually take great delight in anything that "embarrasses the monarchy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post

Daily Mail - potential to embarrass the monarchy
Old 06-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
Interesting...could you clarify what you mean by "impressive/meaningful" and also "potential" I'm sure that would clear up a lot of the confusion. Also as to her "concentrating" on being a royal girlfriend, was it wrong for her to show her love and support to William?
Sherlock221B,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to answer your question but my posts have already upset quite a lot of people. It's not my intention to go to this forum and do that (besides I have other -- much stronger -- royalty-related interests than Kate or William). Hence, I've decided not to post anything anymore about this particular topic. The other thread (General Information on the Duchess of Cambridge) has some of thoughts on this matter. You may look it up if you're inclined to. I can also be reached via PM. Hope you understand.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic....

Old 06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was reading Celebitchy; it insinuates that Pippa is campaigning to wed George Percy and that Alex Loudon is just a place-holder.

I don't know; I have trouble putting any faith in her relationship with Loudon because they simply don't appear to spend much time together.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I was reading Celebitchy; it insinuates that Pippa is campaigning to wed George Percy and that Alex Loudon is just a place-holder.

I don't know; I have trouble putting any faith in her relationship with Loudon because they simply don't appear to spend much time together.
I don't put faith in reports that are trying to make something out of nothing. Pippa's been around Kate and William long enough to know not to feed the monster as it gets hungry for more. She's gonna be like Kate and say nada.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/Sweat...dcf56b2caea2d7

Pippa finishes triatholon! Good for her!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...kiest-man.html

She just did the running portion -still impressive
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

I wasn't aware she had won a sports scholarship to Marlborough College. Good for her!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...pparettes.html
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa on the run
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Well, fortunately for all concerned in my humble opinion, Pippa did not win the 'Rear of the Year' award which was announced today!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Not sure, but it appears that most people were wearing some sort of "beachy" type clothing. CM's dress was really longer with the short slip underneath. I am wondering if it was theme type wear as a much older woman seemed to be wearing something a bit shorter as well.

I have to agree with the baked chicken look, that's a good description.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton and Tony Blair 'may have been victims of News International hacking scandal' | Mail Online
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton, sister of Catherine, Britain's Duchess of Cambridge smiles before a rain break at the Queen's Club Championships in west London June 9, 2011.

Daylife picture gallery
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Who is the young man with her, is it the DON's son?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with tights. You won't catch me in a public situation (save for the beach or on vacation in the woods), in a dress/skirt, without tights. That's why I wear only pants (with rare exception -- weddings, funerals, fancy parties). I wear half-tights, aka: knee-highs, with pants. I don't like the feel of bare feet in shoes. ick.

Enough 'bout me.

What about when you wear sandals? I mean, do you ever wear sandals with the skirt / dress?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Who is the young man with her, is it the DON's son?
I think it is.
Where is Alex Loudon???

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton