The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion the Gun issue was a joke and the gun wasn't real (I think...) but her behavior was not the best...she is in fact the sister of the future Queen of Britan..and yes she should behave...those photos of the party, that dress...it was a disgrace, a disrespect for her sister, how embaracing for Kate...she is her sister and in many ways she interact with her of course and sometimes she will be present in all the public and private events (like the birth of Kate's baby, the christening etc etc...) she should be ashamed...

Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why is going to a fancy dress birthday party with friends 'a disgrace'? We all go to birthday parties, we've all of us dressed up in fancy dress. Why can't Pippa?

What exactly in her behaviour do you take issue with? All she did was spend a weekend in Paris with friends, and happen to be in a car with a chap who was joking about a toy gun with a paparazzo. It's the French guy who has to amend his behaviour, not Pippa.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Vous parlez Francais? Oui, un petit Pip-peu! Behind-the-scenes footage of Pippa Middleton filmed at dwarves and chastity belt party
Quote:
Film footage from a lavish Marie Antoinette-themed party attended by Pippa Middleton has been released on the website of French television channel Canal+. Attending the fancy dress party in Paris last Friday, the Duchess of Cambridge's sister looks to be having a whale of a time. Accompanied by three of the French capital's most eligible bachelors, the 28-year-old, dressed as a risque French courtier, unleashes her best moves on the dancefloor among a heaving melée of cavorting dwarves, burlesque strippers bursting out of giant cakes and aristocratic French men wearing dog leads.
Based on this article, I would say Pippa has been shamelessly and blatantly used as a publicity tool by "three of Paris' most eligible bachelors".
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christine Odone in the Telegraph puts it very well I think:

Quote:
Pippa Middleton is having a whale of a time. She's been photographed partying in Paris at a fancy dress ball thrown by a naughty vicomte; she has been snapped canoodling with a few young suitors; and she's been caught laughing in a fast car, as a friend pretends to aim a gun (possibly real) at a paparazzo.
The world's most eligible woman cannot hope to do anything without ending up in the newspapers, so being turned into a two-page spread in the tabloids is par for the course for the Duchess of Cambridge's younger sister. The tone of the coverage, however, has turned distinctly unpleasant: at once prurient and puritanical, reports focus on Pippa's "decadent" friends and hint at her own excesses. Most of the "analyses" of her Paris break, and her host's "debaucheries", sound as if dictated by a particularly killjoy Wee Free minister.
Pippa is enjoying herself. She is not doing so at taxpayers' expense; she's not married to a Prince of the realm – in fact, she's not married to anyone. Whom is she hurting, with her joie de vivre? Who, among us, hasn't at some point had reckless fun and been caught in a compromising position? It's as if some of the press, with their envious hack-attacks, have decided that just because hard times are upon us, anyone who is caught with a smile on their face and a glass of bubbly in their hands is a Marie Antoinette de nos jours. How ridiculous, as Macaulay didn't quite say, to see the British press in one of its periodical fits of morality.
The finger-wagging and stone-casting is out of order. Gorgeous, fun-loving and enterprising (don't forget this is a budding author), Her Royal Hotness is a national treasure.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't think that she should 'lock herself away' either. She just needs to be careful; i.e. don't go to parties that feature dwarves, strippers, and hints of sado-masochism.
sorry - even I who lives a very uneventful housewifey stile of life, have allready attended private parties with burlesque dancing, drag queens and a hint of S-M - should i walk away and leave? Why? It was perfectly funny and innocent.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
A
And, Kataryn, the expression you're referring to is "caught between a rock and a hard place."
Yes, you're right, that was the expression I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Vous parlez Francais? Oui, un petit Pip-peu! Behind-the-scenes footage of Pippa Middleton filmed at dwarves and chastity belt party
Based on this article, I would say Pippa has been shamelessly and blatantly used as a publicity tool by "three of Paris' most eligible bachelors".
It is the ultimate mauvais ton on the part of men in question to make these photos public.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Based on what I've seen in the Vid about the Party, Pippa was dragged in front of the cameras despied her wish; she tried to laught it away but looked uncomfortabel as well in fotos and very much so in the video - excactly as I said in my post, what would she do if unhappy with s.th. - trying to laught the boyes out of it, and screening her feelings behind laughing.

You don't make a fuss in such a moment - just try to get out of it decently.

With more foresight she could have suspected, that she would be a pawn to be used to attract the Media by the partymakes - but probably she thought them friends ... which they are clearly NOT - they used her.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that Pippa is cute, but since when did she become the "most eligible woman in the world?" I certainly hope she doesn't go into hiding, as I will miss the entertainment value.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

She may or may not be the most eligible woman in the world but she's probably the paparazzi's number 1 target at the moment. She's also made Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world, along with Kate. To put that into perspective, the British PM David Cameron didn't make the list.

Adele and Pippa Middleton make Time influential 100 ... but no room for David Cameron - Telegraph

The world's gone crazy.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
With more foresight she could have suspected, that she would be a pawn to be used to attract the Media by the partymakes - but probably she thought them friends ... which they are clearly NOT - they used her.
Maybe she now really values reliable friends like George Percy and her ex-es who never talked to the media about them and who would never allow the media into their homes or to parties.

I doubt Pippa realised at that night just how she was used. But now she surely is getting aware of the danger for her image. But maybe the people she works for as party planner are impressed by this style to host a party and it will turn out a good investment of her time. For I don't see her working for the likes of the DM readers or patrons of these forums but to the rich and wealthy who might find such a party amusing and desirable. And let not forget to what kind of people and parties Sarah Ferguson-York has brought her daughters.... Or the way Princess Margaret lived... I believe that has bothered the RF more than what Miss Philippa Middleton of Bucklebury does in her free time.

And if she became the most notorious party girl in the world, she would still be William's sister-in-law and future aunt of a future king or queen. But other than Sarah Ex-Duchess of York she herself never agreed to become a member of the Royal family, she never accepted an official function (eg as Catherine's LIW) and she is not married, so has no family she married into to take into account. She is just Pippa Middleton and her parents sell party accessories, so why not party?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Based on what I've seen in the Vid about the Party, Pippa was dragged in front of the cameras despied her wish; she tried to laught it away but looked uncomfortabel as well in fotos and very much so in the video - excactly as I said in my post, what would she do if unhappy with s.th. - trying to laught the boyes out of it, and screening her feelings behind laughing.

You don't make a fuss in such a moment - just try to get out of it decently.

That's how I see it, too.
Pippa didn't look pleased to be there at that point; her good friend the host practically pushed her in front of the cameras.

It wouldn't surprise me if she drops her Parisan friends very quickly now.

However, I'd take some of the press comments with a whole shaker of salt: if there was a stripper, where were the photos of her stripping? If Pippa was kissing a Frenchman, where are the photos?

I think she got caught up in more than she bargained for, and is ruing the day she accepted the invitation to that party.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Majesty

As far as I know, you're not the sister of a future Queen. Innocent? I guess we have a different idea of innocence.

Quote:
sorry - even I who lives a very uneventful housewifey stile of life, have allready attended private parties with burlesque dancing, drag queens and a hint of S-M - should i walk away and leave? Why? It was perfectly funny and innocent.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
As far as I know, you're not the sister of a future Queen. Innocent? I guess we have a different idea of innocence.
Even the sister of a future Queen is allowed to have fun. Given that she comes from a country that has been known to throw the occassional tarts & vicars party it seems more than a bit prudish and moralistic to damn someone for attending a dress up party in France. I have seen more outlandish costumes and behaviour at Oxford & Cambridge student parties. It was a dress up party not a Roman orgy or even one of Max Mosleys Nazi themed S&M nights, get a grip folks.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Read further, I never said they were my conclusions after reading up a lot on the internet.

Just putting in some quotes, which I whitened:

''I hate this woman.
I don't understand why the media is so fascinated by her.
She's so blah.''

''Ugh. Flat-assed moron.''

''Flat-assed irrelevant moron.

but I came in to say the very same thing.''

''old haggard fool.''

''This bitch! **** her and her flippant attitude.''

''ugh she sounds like such a coddled, spoiled brat.

if a non-white or non-rich person had been waving that gun around....''

All I'm saying, this is how most people think about her, and this is how opinions have changed over a year.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has a job. And she's handled the media spotlight well and this entire incident was greatly blown out of proportion.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Different strokes for different folks. I find this sort of thing offensive. Others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Even the sister of a future Queen is allowed to have fun.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Read further, I never said they were my conclusions after reading up a lot on the internet.
What do you expect from Oh No They Didn't? That blog is notorious for bashing everyone and everything - except The Hunger Games. It's populated by a bunch of teenage girls who are so full of self-hatred they try to make themselves feel better by trolling everyone else.

The use of that word was unnecessary in whatever context.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

The same can be said for a lot sites where you can comment. Sites like DM, CNN, The Telegraph, Youtube, Just Jared etc.

And I do apologize for using that word, since clearly I've offended some.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

One of the men in the car has released a statement. He apologized for the incident and said that Pippa had no idea about the toy gun. Part of the statement...

Quote:
"Obviously Philippa had no idea that he was going to do that and told him to stop immediately. She did not find it funny.

"I regret enormously that this incident happened, and especially that Pippa has been subject to the subsequent attention through no fault of her own. I have apologized to her for this."
Pippa Middleton Gun Incident: Host Arthur de Soultrait Apologizes : People.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Laughing at their obvious superior sense humor. I'm wheezing here.
I'm sorry, but they all come off as self-entitled brats. And I'm not pointing specifically at Pippa here. She's not the one holding the gun, even though she's done nothing to distance herself from the incident either.

It's hilarious to me how things have changed in one year. Just after the wedding she was Her Royal Hotness (...? Questionable taste y'all), then people started to get annoyed at the media trying to make her happen, then people were calling her basic and couldn't wait for her to dissapear, and now, after the incident, most agree she's a *removed foul word- Lady Jennifer* who should get a proper job.
These are my conclusions from reading a lot on the internet, not mine persé. I like it.
I've been seeing comments like the ones you quoted (from ONTD) since the wedding, so opinions on Pippa haven't changed. There have always been some that disliked her and didn't get the hype and some that liked her. In fact, if you read back through old ONTD posts about Pippa, you'll see these same type of comments. People questioning her beauty, calling her names, wondering why the media is all over her, etc.

As for the type of party Pippa attended, I don't think it's that big a deal. These type of clubs seems to be pretty popular with the young royals and their friends. Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice, Peter and Zara were among those hanging out at The Box last year (a cabaret style nightclub that has some pretty risque stage acts).

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton