The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I think you are missing some of LovelyKate's message. More tongue in cheek.

I took it with a bit of sarcasm as well as fun. More like..what no pics of CP and Pippa?! As if there should have been. Also, adding CP to the various names of people Pippa is supposed to have been dating.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Do be careful; if some of the less reputable newspaper read your post (and that of LovelyKate's), you may well be guilty of starting a new rumour!
Imagine the headlines:
- "Pippa dating a Swedish Prince!"
- "Is the younger Middleton sister set to become a Princess as well?"
- "Carole's greatest ambition fulfilled!"
- "The Prince's girlfriend dumps him amid reports of affair with Pippa!"
- "Is Swedish Parliament about to change rules to make Carl Philip heir again because of Pippa effect?"
- "Kate furious Pippa may outrank her!"
- "Earl Percy's broken heart: worldwide exclusive!"

What a field day they would have!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I think you are missing some of LovelyKate's message. More tongue in cheek.
I don't seem to get sarcasm when there's no point to it. :)

Pippa did very well this weekend, props to her!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Powerful Pippa glides through 56-mile ski challenge
Pippa Middleton takes part in charity ski challenge. - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Pippa Middleton & George Percy Share a Smooch

Looks more like a hug than a smooch, but apparently it went on for five minutes.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

I have to say that I'm quite impressed by Pippa Middleton's participation in Vasaloppet, and she did a very good time for someone who is a novice on skis, her time was 7 hours 13 minutes, the winner among the women racing, Vibeke Skofterud, had a time of 4 hours 8 minutes, and she is a professional skier.

Vasaloppet is in it self not a charity race, even if some people like Pippa Middleton, do it for charity. This year there were 14 212 people coming to the start of the race. Vasaloppet is part of the long-distance-race world cup. Vasaloppet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Do be careful; if some of the less reputable newspaper read your post (and that of LovelyKate's), you may well be guilty of starting a new rumour!
Imagine the headlines:
- "Pippa dating a Swedish Prince!"
- "Is the younger Middleton sister set to become a Princess as well?"
- "Carole's greatest ambition fulfilled!"
- "The Prince's girlfriend dumps him amid reports of affair with Pippa!"
- "Is Swedish Parliament about to change rules to make Carl Philip heir again because of Pippa effect?"
- "Kate furious Pippa may outrank her!"
- "Earl Percy's broken heart: worldwide exclusive!"

What a field day they would have!
That's exactly what I was thinking about!! Thanks for sharing my sense of humour!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynj View Post
Pippa Middleton & George Percy Share a Smooch

Looks more like a hug than a smooch, but apparently it went on for five minutes.
Now we can all rest - assured that these two are bonded at least by genuine affection and friendship....
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Now we can all rest - assured that these two are bonded at least by genuine affection and friendship....

True; I think he must care about her quite a bit to put up with the relentless press coverage.

(If it turns out they are serious and decide to marry, I'll be rooting for them!)
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

So Pippa is in the news again with suggestions that she and George Percy are becoming more involved. So can anyone tell me who he is? Related to the BRF? I know he is to inherit alot through his family but who are his family? I must have missed it somewhere.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
So Pippa is in the news again with suggestions that she and George Percy are becoming more involved. So can anyone tell me who he is? Related to the BRF? I know he is to inherit alot through his family but who are his family? I must have missed it somewhere.
George, Earl Percy is the eldest son and heir of Ralph Percy, 12th Duke of Northumberland and Lady Elizabeth (daughter of 8th Duke of Buccleuch). He is hear to multi-million fortune of his father, as well as one of the oldest and most illustrious titles in Britain: George will one day become 13th Duke of Northumberland.

You are probably familiar with Alnwick Castle - the seat of the Dukes of Northumberland: it's the Hogwarts Castle from the Harry Potter films.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

George is supposedly on vacation with the Middleton family.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Pippa fuels talk of another Middleton high society romance
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

You'd think Pippa would've had enough skiing for one year. She's obviously very physically fit.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

And that's probably how she keeps so fit, with skiing among her other sports activities. My idea of keeping fit is a brisk walk at lunchtime every day, but that's all my budget can allow!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Brisk walk is a good way to keep fit regardless of one's financial status. I like walking built in most European cities and towns. As for Ms.Middleton, it is great that her parents can afford the skiing activities.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

If he is indeed there, I think we can safely ignore the "just friends" claim. Generally, you don't bring just a friend as your plus one on a family trip.

Doubt we'll get confirmation though
Old 03-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
If he is indeed there, I think we can safely ignore the "just friends" claim. Generally, you don't bring just a friend as your plus one on a family trip.

Doubt we'll get confirmation though
Not exactly. Having a friend as your plus one (especially one that gets along with your family) is perfect for some. You can be paired up with someone you know and are comfortable with. As opposed to bring a new man in your life (if there is one) where everyone is getting to know each other and sometimes are not being themselves as they are trying to make a good impression. Its also good if everyone is paired up (ie. Kate/William, Mom/Dad, etc.) Of course if James is there by himself, that kind of throws the theory off a bit. Because why shouldn't she pair off with James.

But hopefully you get the gist of what I am saying.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I speculate she and George are really serious, but I don't expect any acknowledgement by the Middletons!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not exactly. Having a friend as your plus one (especially one that gets along with your family) is perfect for some. You can be paired up with someone you know and are comfortable with. As opposed to bring a new man in your life (if there is one) where everyone is getting to know each other and sometimes are not being themselves as they are trying to make a good impression. Its also good if everyone is paired up (ie. Kate/William, Mom/Dad, etc.) Of course if James is there by himself, that kind of throws the theory off a bit. Because why shouldn't she pair off with James.

But hopefully you get the gist of what I am saying.
Oh understood completely and agreed! But it would be interesting to know if James is there by himself or not.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
George, Earl Percy is the eldest son and heir of Ralph Percy, 12th Duke of Northumberland and Lady Elizabeth (daughter of 8th Duke of Buccleuch). He is hear to multi-million fortune of his father, as well as one of the oldest and most illustrious titles in Britain: George will one day become 13th Duke of Northumberland.

You are probably familiar with Alnwick Castle - the seat of the Dukes of Northumberland: it's the Hogwarts Castle from the Harry Potter films.
As well as Syon house in London. One of my favorite private (not castle) residences in the UK. I fell in love with it, in my first art history course. It was owned by the 1st duke, who had Robert Adams and Capability Brown renovate it for him. It became the family's main London home, when Northumberland house was demolished. The city wanted to demolish it, like the other mansions in the area had been, for a road. The duke refused, until much was destroyed by fire, and allowed the rest to be sold and torn down.

Syon Park: The London home of the Duke of Northumberland

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton