The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Hogwarts, I love it! I will be jealous if she gets to live in that stunning castle.

Lenora - how does this prove Pippa is a social climber? If anything, Catherine wins in those stakes.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Ms. Middleton must marry Lord Percy first. I wonder what would happen, if this romance did not yield the expected results. Would Lord Percy be panned by Ms. Middleton's fans?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Ms. Middleton must marry Lord Percy first.
Indeed she must, that's why I used the word 'if'. I assume the 'expected' results would be marriage, either due to his title or out of love, preferably the latter. But if it's not right, then it's not right. There are bigger fish to fry than Lord Percy.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Majesty

In my personal opinion, marriages for convenience are not necessarily bad, if both parties fully realise cons and pros of the union and are willing to accept them.
Quote:
There are bigger fish to fry than Lord Percy.
and this bigger fish would be ...?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not Ms Middleton's fan.
I believe that the recent media opinion "nice, but not wife material" may be true.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
and this bigger fish would be ...?
I have no clue, but if Pippa was a real social climber she could aim a little higher up the ladder.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Majesty

I see. We shall see if Ms. Middleton catches any fish at all.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

I have no clue, but if Pippa was a real social climber she could aim a little higher up the ladder.
... Higher than the future Duke of Northumberland? That pretty much just leaves Prince Harry.

I love this match though- they always seem like they're having fun together. I hope it works out, if only for the sheer awesome of seeing Pippa in one of the Percy family tiaras...
Old 02-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe Pippa's just pulling the media's leg with a good friend and having a fine laugh at all the speculation. Who knows?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Or maybe Pippa's just pulling the media's leg with a good friend and having a fine laugh at all the speculation. Who knows?

True, yet sometimes a strong friendship is an excellent base for a marriage.
Time will tell.

Still, Percy is one of the best catches in Britain.
I don't think there's anyone in Pippa's age range who'd be better, unless it's Harry. And that ship won't ever sail, imo.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Commoner

I'm new to nobility. I notice that George is Earl Percy and not the Earl of Percy. Will his wife be called Countess Percy? Is it said "the Earl Percy"? Anyway, I'm guessing it will be 20 to 30 years before he is a duke. Also it seems that he is someone who can cope with Pippa's popularity. So, In my opinion it is good.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Well... Get it girl. Live in that flawfree castle and work that Duchess title that will undoubtly come.
But let's be real here, her previous dude was much fitter.

Pippa and Kate were practically raised to be social climbers.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well... Get it girl. Live in that flawfree castle and work that Duchess title that will undoubtly come.

Pippa and Kate were practically raised to be social climbers.
Partially I agree here. But from my point of view , Kate and William share reciprocal love.About Pippa one couldn't be sure, as all the changes came after her sister's wedding, her popularity etc.
Well, it was evident that Pippa was really fond of her previous boyfriend. Sorry,but I don't see any chemistry between Pippa and George;but I think he is attracted by her personality and could be eager to have a serious relationship with her.
Just my opinion.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post

Oh, I don't know, I thought Alex seemed like a stuffed shirt.

George Percy seems like he knows how to have fun.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Courtier

They are social climbers because they are dating people that ran in the same circle as they do? They have know people in that circle since they went to Marlborough College/high school.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Oh, I don't know, I thought Alex seemed like a stuffed shirt.

George Percy seems like he knows how to have fun.
That's what I think too.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

When you have Hogwarts Castle as a residence, I guess you sure have fun times there!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Earl Percy

Hi Kyle: To your question about Earl Percy and why he is not the Earl of Percy. Percy is his family's (ancient) surname and like Diana's brother, the Earl Spencer, when the family surname is used, the "of" is dropped. By contrast, the Earl of Carnarvon is George Herbert, Herbert being the family surname, but his title is Carnarvon. I believe this is the correct answer, but perhaps someone knows better than I.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Commoner

Thank you, Susanna. That makes sense.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Hi Kyle: To your question about Earl Percy and why he is not the Earl of Percy. Percy is his family's (ancient) surname and like Diana's brother, the Earl Spencer, when the family surname is used, the "of" is dropped. By contrast, the Earl of Carnarvon is George Herbert, Herbert being the family surname, but his title is Carnarvon. I believe this is the correct answer, but perhaps someone knows better than I.
I think that's correct. And I believe that family has been addressed that way for a very long time. Anne Boelyn tried to marry a Percy before she married Henry VIII.

Let's hope things end better for Pippa...

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton