The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

I doubt this very much. Just another of those "christmas invitation" non-stories. At least they didn't bring up the story that Pippa is to spend christmas at Alnwick....

Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I doubt this very much. Just another of those "christmas invitation" non-stories. At least they didn't bring up the story that Pippa is to spend christmas at Alnwick....
Actually, I think Pippa being invited to the Boxing Day shoot is very likely, along with Carole and Mike. The parents were seen with Catherine and William at Balmoral in 2010. Now they're married, I don't see anything wrong with the Middletons being invited over for Boxing Day.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the invitation is a signal that the Queen approves of Pippa's book deal?

(Or, at least that she doesn't actively object to it).
Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder if the invitation is a signal that the Queen approves of Pippa's book deal?

(Or, at least that she doesn't actively object to it).
I doubt it, The Queen shouldn't have to approve or disapprove Pippa's book deal as it's got nothing to do with her. Pippa is a private citizen and can do as she pleases.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I doubt it, The Queen shouldn't have to approve or disapprove Pippa's book deal as it's got nothing to do with her. Pippa is a private citizen and can do as she pleases.
True; yet if the Queen disapproved, she wouldn't invite Pippa to Sandringham, would she?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Pippa's publishing deal sparks frenzy
The transatlantic phone lines have been humming following reports that Pippa Middleton is set to write a book about how to be the perfect party host.
‘Everyone from The Oprah Winfrey Show to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno have been calling up to find out more,’ reveals a Penguin executive about the publishing deal which is set to earn the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister a cool £400,000. ‘It’s crazy, considering pen hasn’t even been put to paper yet.’
Queen Elizabeth takes a royal fancy to Liz Hurley's horse Memory | Mail Online
Old 12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Majesty

A gallery of "Pippa" and is it "Prince Harry"(?) on a champagne date. - And hanging around in a more - interesting part of town: Royale kopier på champagne-date? | www.bt.dk
Old 12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The press is really stalking Pippa, isn't it?
Kate Middleton gives Pippa her favourite coat? Duchess of Cambridge's sister follows her style | Mail Online

(And I notice some of the comments are increasingly vicious, and/or ridiculous! "Print more pictures of the bride instead?"

Who would even recognize the bride? It's just silliness, at this point.)
Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Kate Middleton gives Pippa her favourite coat? Duchess of Cambridge's sister follows her style | Mail Online

(And I notice some of the comments are increasingly vicious, and/or ridiculous! "Print more pictures of the bride instead?"

Who would even recognize the bride? It's just silliness, at this point.)
Pippa's coat seems to have shiny cuffs and accent brown areas, whereas Catherine's seems to be a rich, dull velvet. It may be the flash photography, and day vs night appearances.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Nobility

Pippa's book could be a huge flop if the publishers decide to sell solely on Pippa herself, so the book has to be of substance else no one will buy it.

I don't think there's any doubt the entire book will be sold on Pippa herself and people will buy it solely based on the fact that Pippa - sister of the Duchess of Cambridge - wrote it.

IMO, the UK papers have, generally, been very kind to Pippa. Even the DM does not print all the daily pictures of Pippa about town; only those pictures where she attends a public event (which just so happens to be often). The US gossip blogs are the ones driving up the prices by posting daily pictures.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa is supposedly throwing a huge New Year's Eve party at the Middleton home in Bucklebury.

Wonder who will be among the guests?
Her parents are spending the holiday in Scotland with William and Kate, and Charles and Camilla.

But perhaps her brother will be there.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Pippa Middleton arrives for her first day back at work following the Christmas holidays
London, England - 05.01.12
WENN Photo Library
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton's sister steps out in bright orange coat after Christmas break
OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Fashion :: Pippa Middleton goes back to work, banishes our January blues
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

That is just horrid. HORRID. Omfg, girl cannot dress to save her own life. I can understand her purchasing these items (not the hat though) but putting them together like this? Coco Chanel rolled over in her grave.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I get the impression of Wild Wild West.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Watch: Queen Not Suspected in Sandringham Whodunit; Pippa Preps for an 80s-Themed Bash | Blogs | Vanity Fair
Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Courtier

I might get flamed for saying this on here, but here goes:

I'm only as snooty about it as the Middletons are; if hardworking, honest, and yet untitled people are not good enough for the Midds, then the Midds are not good enough for the aristocracy. The Spencers might have started as sheep farmers and each family member in the aristocracy might have their 'Carole,' but these people in their ancestry had people who WORKED and worked hard. Being a knight or soldier in the ranks is no small thing, especially back then and farming was no cakewalk as well. I don't think the Midds would have looked twice at "Johnny Spencer Sheep Farmer," but would look more than once at "Johnny Spencer, Earl Spencer." What makes them so good that they have the right, right now, to look down on epople who won't give them something vs. someone who has a title and they gain something out of it? If it takes money and a title to get a Middleton girl or James into the marital bed, then something is wrong and not just with the aristocrats.

You have to look at it from both sides. If Kate is snubbing someone because they aren't connected enough, then she isn't good enough for someone like Wiliam and Pippa is not good enough for a Patterson or a Percy. It's Pippa and Kate who have wanted ot be taken care of and have values where they are kept and don't have to lift a finger; they are the ones who have barely worked and have been husband hunting, not working like 21st Century young women. Kate chose to pork her way in and Pippa is appparently burned from supposedly going after a married man, how are thse modern values? If Pippa wants to paly by rules established in the 1800's, then she had better realize that she is an outsider in that respect and always will be. She's playing by values that don't accept her and if she keeps trying to break into these circles by acting if she is there by right of birth, then quite frankly she has no business being surprised.

I feel like I'm watching karma happen; Pippa ignores nice guys who might not have vast amounts of cash in their bank, but would be loving husbands; so if average men are not good enough, it's karma to see Pippa being only tolerated, but in time rejected the same way she rejected nice guys and used the ones she now ignores in pursuit of a higher title.

She is playing by rules and values that fundamentally reject her and she can't just pick and choose. I think she might do well with some scummy social climber like her in the States, which is qutie frankly the best she will be able to do if she's been messing with a married man in the UK. No matter how much the press might in fact campaign on her behalf, the ranks are still closed against her and they always will be. A constant fashion parade like this isn't going to help, I know that much.

It's been said that Pippa has a 'list' and that she only wants to marry a man that is able to fulfill her requirements. What about her? She doesn't have a title or a vast amount of cash in her own right and I don't understand why the DM (and Midds) can't seem to comprehend that the aristocracy is not going to line up their sons to be picked by Pippa. I am sure that Pippa doesn't check a lot of boxes herself and she would best let go of a title and estate and work on finding someone decent.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Kate Middleton's sister steps out in bright orange coat after Christmas break
OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Fashion :: Pippa Middleton goes back to work, banishes our January blues

Wow, poor girl's skin is almost the same colour as her coat
Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Pippa Middleton arrives for work
London, England - 06.01.12
WENN Photo Library
Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I might get flamed for saying this on here, but here goes:

I'm only as snooty about it as the Middletons are; if hardworking, honest, and yet untitled people are not good enough for the Midds, then the Midds are not good enough for the aristocracy.

snip

It's been said that Pippa has a 'list' and that she only wants to marry a man that is able to fulfill her requirements. What about her? She doesn't have a title or a vast amount of cash in her own right and I don't understand why the DM (and Midds) can't seem to comprehend that the aristocracy is not going to line up their sons to be picked by Pippa. I am sure that Pippa doesn't check a lot of boxes herself and she would best let go of a title and estate and work on finding someone decent.
Pure speculation on your side. Catherine has shown her warm and caring side, she is not only liked and loved by the RF but actually respected, otherwise the PoW would nevber have allowed her to step in for him. Qualities like that don't come out of nowhere but from a family upbringing were children are taught to have self-esteem but to be compassionate as well.

Why should Pippa be that different from her sister? She went to a first class school where a lot of girls from the aristocracy were taught, too, then moved on to a good university where boys from the upper classes have an instinct for girls who come from the right background - commoner or not, but well-educated and well-mannered. That became her circle - voila.

Everything else about her having a "list" is so ridiculous - as if men from that position are not used to smell a rat when they see one. Obviously Pippa is of the right stock.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton