The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

I just think IF and I mean IF she didnt want attention she would have worn a longer top I never said she should stay inside or wear ugly clothes Of course she can wear what ever she wants but must be aware she will be in the news. And as she can wear what she she wants so can I comment on it and I feel just fine thanks for asking.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
-Overall I would say that the Middleton family have handled the attention on their family quite well. They are not running around giving interviews to the tabs or appearing on tv chat shows. They just get on with their careers and let people say what they want. As the Iron Duke said "publish and be damned". They may be privately hurt by the gossip but they don't let on in public or lash out at the press. If Pippa and Lord Percy were ever to head to the altar I can only imagine the outrage the DM could generate. Imagine Carole Middleton, mother to 2 Duchesses, how dare she!!!

I agree! Really I think perhaps the press wishes to provoke a confrontation with Pippa; it would make a better story than just showing her walking down the street.
(Like they hounded Diana until she finally burst into tears; then they apologized).

As for Pippa marrying George Percy, I really hope she does!
I'd love to imagine the look on the faces of some of those snobs who said she wasn't good enough.

(At least George is a good friend to her; he must have known the press would be all over that invitation to Alnwick, but he just went ahead and invited Pippa anyway. Go George!)

Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
There was so much commotion about these leggings I had to check it out to see what the big fuss was about.

And guess what....much ado about nothing.

Honestly, you see women in pants like this quite often in the States during the fall and winter time, and I would imagine the same holds true for Europe.

As for the inference that Pippa is seeking attention by wearing such pants, I am afraid that Pippa once again, should have just stayed indoors so that she wouldn't have bothered people 1) by exercising her rights/belief/ or whatever you want to call it to go outside like any other normal human being who isn't in jail or is bedridden and 2) she should have clearly taken a poll beforehand so the masses could have told her what was appropriate for a private citizen to wear. I mean, how dare she wear leggings when her bum has been commented on. Someone once told me I had nice legs, so guess what, that's the feature I always play up. Whats wrong with that? Itsnot like she is wearing Daisy Dukes!

I mean seriously, she isn't offending anyone by showing a lot of skin, she isn't wearing anything that is too tight or too loose. She isn't out doing drugs or kicking kittens in the streets. She certainly isn't living on the taxpayer dime.

Frankly, I think Pippa (as a private citizen) should do whatever makes her happy (and as a contributing member of society) as it appears that people will dislike her for no apparent reason.

And for the record, I am not a particular fan of Pippa. Frankly, I think her dress style leaves much to be desired and I don't think she is that pretty. Average is what I would say. But it does goad my gander when people nitpick on people (that they don't know) for little reasons.

Just come out and say you don't like her and stop finding reasons to justify all the little petty remarks. I said it once to a coworker about Angelina Jolie and she was shocked. I was like I just don't care for her. She hasn't done anything personal to me, I don't know her, I respect what she does for charities around the world but I just don't care for her. And that was that. We didn't spend time trying to justify my dislike or her like. It is what it is.

Trust me...you will feel better.

Oh and Nicholas...excellent post!
By the way if you look back a few a posts you will see that I thought the dress for wedding was just a lovely dress and didn't understand the todo and when she wore the micro mini dress in the front row of the fashion parade I thought it was just a slip up that she didn't think it would ride up so high. I have always thought she was being harassed by the press, but when I saw the photos today well I think was really silly and wether it was to show the ex what he is missing or what it will only draw attention to herself so i don't dislike so don't try and make it appear that that is what I'm doing
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

She clearly wants attention. And she gets it, by wearing very attention getting clothes.

Pippa's red dress.

Now, this is not a style that appeals to me, even on a young woman with a toned body. But it's her choice and it makes a statement, it's memorable.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Majesty

When the family was in Jordan, I believe that he was an air-traffic controller. I understand that he inherited funds that were designated educational; although perhaps they didn't cover all the school expenses, they certainly helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
As to his disinguished background and money, it was once published how much he had inherited and it wasn't that much and definitely didn't seem to be enough to pay the enormous fees that the colleges he sent his children to demand.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Courtier

Pippa Middleton split from Alex Loudon: Duchess of Cambridge's sister 'keeps low profile' | Mail Online

Don't know if the info. about cancelling is correct, given the source.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Imagine Carole Middleton, mother to 2 Duchesses, how dare she!!!
On the last pics I saw of the current duke, he looked rather fresh and youthful. Definately younger than William's grandmother and father. So even if Pippa married Earl Percy, they have to wait for quite some time to become duke and duchess. While it will not necessarily take decades for William and Catherine to become Prince and Princess of Wales. So I don't see much chance for Carole Middleton to be "mother of two duchesses"...
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Aristocracy

Surely Zonk you don't expect people to say why they dislike someone or people without giving their reasons for this. Most of the people commenting here do not know the Middletons from Adam but they have been shot into fame. This is a thread discussing Pippa.
Are we expected to say 1. I don't like her.
2. I do like her.
Then leave it at that. There is a huge cultural difference too, we all seem to come from different countries and backgrounds and that is sure to colour our likes and dislikes. British upper class people find any talk about money very common, in other countries it is discussed openly.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

Then I start: I like Pippa.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
On the last pics I saw of the current duke, he looked rather fresh and youthful. Definately younger than William's grandmother and father. So even if Pippa married Earl Percy, they have to wait for quite some time to become duke and duchess. While it will not necessarily take decades for William and Catherine to become Prince and Princess of Wales. So I don't see much chance for Carole Middleton to be "mother of two duchesses"...

One never knows. The current Duke inherited from his brother, who died childless at the ripe old age of 42!
It's impossible for anyone to predict what lies in store.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Nobility

I just came across some articles in newspapers regarding the recent split of Pippa from her boyfriend Alex Loudon - and I had a deja vu. The papers cited that Alex has dumped her because she comes from a "newly rich" familiy, has not the right manners, attitude but is more like a sort of social climber (to avoid the word gold-digger...).....etc. and his parents did not consider her "wife material".

I think I remember to read the same during the split of Catherine and William.
I don't know a lot about the family and their perception in UK, but thought that since the wedding things have cooled down. Obviously it is still the same, with articles now focusing on Pippa and her back-ground and life style. I was wondering how these things are coming along and if there is anyway a lot of information known about Ms. Middleton.
As said - just some slight deja vu experience
Old 11-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

If this article is in any way accurate, I feel sorry for her.

Tearful Pippa "Hounded Like Diana"

Is the Express a reliable source? Or is it like the Daily Mail which IMHO is not.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
The Express is a tabloid, even a bit more downmarket than the DM although it would be a close race between the 2 in my view since the NOW went out of business.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
^^^^^
The Express is a tabloid, even a bit more downmarket than the DM although it would be a close race between the 2 in my view since the NOW went out of business.
Thank you NGalitzine. I thought the DM was bad and the Express is worse? Yikes!! Although it really isn't such a shock after reading the article. Everything is so nebulous.

I still feel sorry for Pippa.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
If this article is in any way accurate, I feel sorry for her.

Tearful Pippa "Hounded Like Diana"

Is the Express a reliable source? Or is it like the Daily Mail which IMHO is not.
At least it is a positive article. The Daily Express has always been a real supporter of any claim Diana, Princess of Wales ever brought up (which is not always where the truth lies, but we know that, don't we) and the comparison between Diana and Pippa is a positive sign.

As for Pippa: that is unfortunate for her. I can somehow believe the hounding of her is a way to get more of Catherine... But I'm sure the Middletons and especially Pippa herself are capable of dealing with that.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

i remember reading an article saying that as well. i also recently read that the reason for the split was that he was finding it hard to deal with all the media attention.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

For the people interested and willing to pay over 2000 bucks. Here's her bridesmaid dress for the wedding designed by Alexander McQueen (Sarah Burton iow). Slightly different though but it's basically the same dress.

NET-A-PORTER.COM*|*Luxury Designer Fashion | Women's designer clothes, shoes, bags & accessories
Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton gets her skates on for a twirl around the ice | Mail Online
Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks quite beautiful in those pictures
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

She does look lovely; if she is heart-broken over Alex it doesn't show!

But of course there's lots of hostile comments from readers about why there's so many stories about a nobody.
Hundreds of comments, which pretty much defeats the purpose!
Don't these people realize that if they don't care to read about Pippa, the thing to do is to ignore the stores and not comment?

(But supposedly there's an appetite for Pippa-related stories, especially in the US, so...supply and demand).

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton