The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Peaches did not look like a hooker, she is wearing a long elegant dress and actually looks less revealing than the other girls.
To me, Peaches looks like her breasts are about to fall out of that dress!
She just looks skanky, like she needs a shower; I would never describe her as looking elegant.

I do think Rosario Dawson looks nice, though. And she and Pippa both seem to be enjoying the show.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Here I have to agree with you.From the first time I read about Pippa and I saw her,even before Kate's engagement,I've understood that she's the type of women that really enjoys attention and I see nothing wrong with it,sometimes there are less beautiful women,but who are more coquette and tend to be in the centre of attention.In this case Pippa has all the chances,if she were to marry a prince or any other person from "beaumonde",she'd be very quickly in the top of best-dressed etc.
Pippa is very feminine,while Kate prefers classic style and has more hidden personality,Kate is rather more strong in masculine type of thinking and behaviour,in order to get attention she doesn't need any coquette elements.Even Kate is close and smiling,someway she and her sister Pippa remind me about two other famous sisters,the sisters Bouvier-Jacqueline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill,when Lee really enjoyed the attention of publica,while Jackie prefered to stay watching from the distance.
The morning of the Kate/William wedding when I first saw Pippa she was grinning like a newly discovered starlet as she approached Westminster Abbey. It was so obvious how much she was enjoying being in the spotlight! The next morning when she and her family were leaving the Goerring Hotel it was even worse...she walked ever so slowly to the family car, grinning and waving for all the world like some sort of beauty pageant contestant.

She does indeed seem to be in her ELEMENT, no doubt.

BTW...about the Bouvier sisters...Jackie enjoyed publicity and the spotlight too...but only on her own terms. She insisted on being in control of her own publicity...her public image was extremely important to her.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Majesty

I think it's much better to look happy when in the public eye than to look grumpy, especially when one's sister is getting married. I think that people were cheering them when they left the Goerring. Smiling and waving is better than ignoring people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The morning of the Kate/William wedding when I first saw Pippa she was grinning like a newly discovered starlet as she approached Westminster Abbey. It was so obvious how much she was enjoying being in the spotlight! The next morning when she and her family were leaving the Goerring Hotel it was even worse...she walked ever so slowly to the family car, grinning and waving for all the world like some sort of beauty pageant contestant.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Majesty

Mermaid1962, I quite agree. But the manner in which she was doing all that smiling and waving was a little off-putting....at least to me.

She was acting as if the point of all the attention was herself!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
I've never seen making such a fuss about a sister of a newly wed Duchess

Every time there's an article about Pippa, there's comments screaming that she's nobody special, and everyone should move on!

But these comments number in the hundreds and hundreds (almost seven hundred on the fashion show).

The newspapers aren't stupid; they'll stop their obsession with Pippa- once those comments dwindle to a handful.

(Example: several months ago one of George Bush's nieces got married - I forget which one. The press tried talking it up as the wedding of the year- but they couldn't get much out of it, because the thing is: nobody was interested.)

The press knows the difference between what people say and what they do.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Every time there's an article about Pippa, there's comments screaming that she's nobody special, and everyone should move on!

But these comments number in the hundreds and hundreds (almost seven hundred on the fashion show).

The newspapers aren't stupid; they'll stop their obsession with Pippa- once those comments dwindle to a handful.

(Example: several months ago one of George Bush's nieces got married - I forget which one. The press tried talking it up as the wedding of the year- but they couldn't get much out of it, because the thing is: nobody was interested.)

The press knows the difference between what people say and what they do.
Exactly! The press does not care if the comments are positive or negative, just that there are comments. Their hope is that while you are reading the article and commenting you are also looking at all the advertisements on the same page. "Clicks" to read the article and number of comments are how they base their advertising rates. The more the better.

When people stop clicking on Pippa articles and stop posting comments is when the press will stop writing about her.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
When people stop clicking on Pippa articles and stop posting comments is when the press will stop writing about her.
But that wont happen unless Pippa stops polarizing with celebrity-like behaviour (fashion show front row in a short dress or showing off the latest handbag when finding off that the fancy car has been clamped) and why would she stop - she would be missing the attention.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

To my earlier post that I was talking about it's called
"the royal style guide" and it featured the duchess of Cambridge on the cover I love it and have a copy:)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

Did you notice all the camera shots of her crossed legs? Really, the press goes too far! It clearly made her uneasy, she looked like she had her thighs clenched not to reveal too much!

Also, it said she picked up her dress earler from the designer, so it was obviously planned for her to show up in that- let's see if she has Kate's selling power!
So then knowing she'd sit front row and there would be pictures why purpofully pick such a short dress? Sorry but can't blame the photographers IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
Isnt it to be expected to be photographed from every ankle when sitting in row number one among other celebrities at a fashion show?

Then why wear such a short dress that legs have forcefully be crossed in order to avoid photographers getting a view up to Moscow I am asking myself?

Its all about getting attention, nothing else.

Ah, duke you and I are of one mind :) fantastic!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ok I don't like Pippa but a lot of you are just complaining about nonsense. Pippa was smiling at her sisters wedding because it is her sister's freakin wedding! She wasn't grinning or enjoying the limelight, she was doing her job and her family proud. Bridesmaids are normally supposed to have a smile on their face. Were those younger bridesmaids showing off for the camera as well? They were smiling and waving as well. And Pippa is doing nothing different in her life in regards to fashion shows and such, the only difference is cameras are following her looking for a story.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Ok I don't like Pippa but a lot of you are just complaining about nonsense. Pippa was smiling at her sisters wedding because it is her sister's freakin wedding! She wasn't grinning or enjoying the limelight, she was doing her job and her family proud. Bridesmaids are normally supposed to have a smile on their face. Were those younger bridesmaids showing off for the camera as well? They were smiling and waving as well. And Pippa is doing nothing different in her life in regards to fashion shows and such, the only difference is cameras are following her looking for a story.
Next thing we'll hear is HM wore sunshine yellow so that she'd stand out in the crowd. :)
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Pippa Middleton's Polka-dot Dress Workday | Celebrity-gossip.net

Just curious....does anybody here know exactly what job Pippa is walking to everyday? Is it George Percy's environmental venture or the party planning business or something else entirely?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved Pippa's red dress at the Boodles Boxing Ball today!
Pic with article in P. B.&E's fashion thread.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton, Chelsy Davy and Princes Beatrice at charity boxing match | Mail Online

Looks like her sister, Chelsy looks the best.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

I love the dress,especially the flower details around the waist!Definitely my favourite dress of that evening :-)
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Alex was there too, as demonstrated for the media after the match
Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon's passionate 4.30am kiss after charity boxing match | Mail Online
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Alex was there too, as demonstrated for the media after the match
Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon's passionate 4.30am kiss after charity boxing match | Mail Online

I wonder if that romance will deepen, or fizzle!
He doesn't seem to hang with Pippa very much, only once in a while at an event; rumors say that they had been drifting apart for awhile.

I can't help wondering if they'll stay together or part soon?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Courtier

Latest news about this couple is a possible engagement announcement soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Did Pippa Middleton go too far with plunging Temperley halterneck dress? | Mail Online
Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Latest news about this couple is a possible engagement announcement soon.

I've read that too, but something about the relationship seems a bit off to me.
As I said, they are seldom photographed together.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton