Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Amen to the above two posts. I really cannot see what Pippa is to do (not really meaning that even as a defense) but obviously the paps are practically haunting her. Other than sit at home watching the telly she really has not choice.

All of his nonsense seems to come from the DM who have to be the biggest snobs around. They are also clever enough to tap into every jealous nasty person out there for their readers and responders to their trash pieces of "news".

Other than sit at home watching the telly she really has not choice.

That was the hole the tabloids forced her sister in. And loving Willia, she was very careful not to attract attention which could have hurt him or their relationship. One can only hope that Pippa's Ex did not want (maybe even very, very secretly) her to do the same for him as William's position of course is something very unique and I'm sure he knows exactly what Catherine sacrificed and will forever sacrifice for him and his family. Let's face it: one day in the not to far future (as it is to be hoped) Pippa will be the aunt of a future king or queen of the UK. She already is the well-educated daughter of millionaires who is about to be successful in her own right. Why should she change her character traits for anybody? Especially when real love means that you are accepted as you are, not as you "should be".

Plus: as I said before: IMHO Catherine and Philippa are very different in character - I don't think Pippa does attract attention conciously, she is just the kind of outgoing and vivacious character while Catherine prefers to quietly fit in.

Last edited:
The question whether she comes from a suitable family is probably only an issue for families considering themselves too good for her. I doubt most of those families have easy access to the royal weekend and vacation castles. Pippa will have access to whatever places her cherished sister spends time at.

So a generation or so into the future Pippa will be closer to the throne than most of the families that now may turn up their noses at her.

Have you ever thought that it is not everyone's ambition to be close to the royals? It can be claustrophobic, to go out and have photographers in one's face,people staring and even pointing, and having to put up with petty jealousy as people vie for a position near royalty and to be seen with them, it is not really not that much fun.

Sincerely,even we don't know what happened behind the apparent split and scenes we've seen from newspaper articles,I do believe that it was Pippa who decided to split up with Alex,and not him.They had had probably some difficult moments before Kate's wedding,but they 'd been together for 3 years.Maybe they both decided not to be together for the public's eye anymore,but the gradual change of Pippa's attitude after her sister's wedding ,showed some excentric moments(like the dance with Mr.Astor),that's why i do think she decided to take another route and to be with a different man.
I won't be surprised if she and George Percy announce their engagement next year.Though,the things could turn differently.

George does seem to always keep coming back doesn't he? They seem to have a very very close friendship - even Jardine-Paterson, her college boyfriend (and George's current flatmate and good friend) apparently complained about her closeness to George. Maybe they belong together? Who knows?

George does seem to always keep coming back doesn't he? They seem to have a very very close friendship - even Jardine-Paterson, her college boyfriend (and George's current flatmate and good friend) apparently complained about her closeness to George. Maybe they belong together? Who knows?

I think that would actually be lovely. They seem to really enjoy each others company, and that would put Pippa very firmly in the same world as Kate- which would mean the palace wouldn't have to worry about Pippa's private career and how it reflects on Kate.

Plus, if she marries Percy, I can begin referring to her in my own head as "the Countess of Hogwarts". :lol:

I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I posted this back in June, so I'll float the thought again as it seems he is back in the picture as a 'good friend.'

i wonder how the daily mail got those confessions about made by alex's parents...

At this point, I tend to agree with those who think that as far some are concerned Pippa will never do anything right by some folks.

If she smiles for the photographers (as opposed to hiding her face behind her purse or sulking) she is seeking the press. Anything other than that gives the impression that she is self serving.

She shouldn't go outside AT ALL so that the press can't take pictures of her walking to her car, shopping, getting coffee or hanging out with friends. That way we won't see her on vacation, going to work, watching a tennis match, going to parties because goodness that's what people do every day!

She certainly shouldn't not have worn such a provcative dress at her sister's wedding. I mean, its not like her sister as the bride didn't 1) either see or choose the dress or 2) was worried about her sister stealing attention from her because she is after all the bride.

In fact, we shouldn't see Pippa in public ever again. She should live, work and sleep in either her home or her parent's home and that should take care of that!

LOL< I agree with Zonk. Maybe if this press attention continues she should be sent off to exile in The Falklands.

LOL< I agree with Zonk. Maybe if this press attention continues she should be sent off to exile in The Falklands.

That would be just like her! Gadding around the Falklands cavorting with penguins while her brother in law does actual military service there like a USEFUL member of society. No doubt she'd only go into exile there to party and meet a rich boyfriend and get some attention from the press! In fact, she and her distracting derriere could probably be responsible for Argentina taking back the islands!

:lol:

She really can't win. And the fact that she's basically being stalked by the press and they still haven't managed to get a negative story on her tells me that she's probably just as discreet and level headed as her sister.

Headline DM: Royal Triangle? Pippa follows William to Falklands; Kate sulks at home in Welsh Cottage

I look at this way... Pippa Middleton, spoilt brat who is only famous cause her big sister married a prince. The media love her becasue of due to the fact that she is the sister of now duchess of Cambridge. I have not once ever seen that girl do a hard days work in her back yard or building something. Mummy and daddy give her all that she wants... Pippa Middleton is a nobody

I look at this way... Pippa Middleton, spoilt brat who is only famous cause her big sister married a prince. The media love her becasue of due to the fact that she is the sister of now duchess of Cambridge. I have not once ever seen that girl do a hard days work in her back yard or building something. Mummy and daddy give her all that she wants... Pippa Middleton is a nobody

Is this satire?

I re-watched the most recent Pride and Prejudice movie this weekend - this sounds so much like a quote from it :ROFLMAO:
LOL! I haven't seen that movie in ages...but I prefer the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice...Colin Firth was such a great Mr. Darcy!

LOL! I haven't seen that movie in ages...but I prefer the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice...Colin Firth was such a great Mr. Darcy!

I share your opinion on this. Unfortunately, don't follow Ms. Middleton enough to have any comments that are on topic. Carry on.

Michael Middleton comes from a distinguished background, and so I think that he gets a pass because of that. It was his inherited money which paid for the children's education, according to articles I have read. Also, I think there's some sexism involved here as well as classism. If James married a highly-born young lady, I don't think that there'd be quite the uproar as there is with Pippa dating upper-class men.

What fascinates me is that Catherine, Carole and now Pippa are often in the tabloid cross hairs, whereas Michael has never been and James has only been dinged a time or two.

Trace all royals back and you'll find farmers - and hunter-gatherers. The amount of "blood" in some of the Plantagenet descendants is greater than in the sitting Royals, but that's not why they're there. Their families are tenacious and managed to get themselves on thrones, often not due to blood but battlefield acumen (War of the Roses, anyone?)

The number of people who have the same number of alleles of "royal blood" as, say, Queen Victoria is quite large, but they don't have the lineage. If what is meant by "breeding," instead is "upbringing," (which is how my grandmother uses the term), then all is well. One does need to have a certain kind of shaping to make a proper Royal, although it need not happen in childhood. We'll see how Kate does, shan't we?

Michael Middleton comes from a distinguished background, and so I think that he gets a pass because of that. It was his inherited money which paid for the children's education, according to articles I have read. Also, I think there's some sexism involved here as well as classism. If James married a highly-born young lady, I don't think that there'd be quite the uproar as there is with Pippa dating upper-class men.

Michael Middleton seems always to be shoved into the background by his wife and daughters and I can't help but imagine he is busy making money so that they can lead the life they lead. As to his disinguished background and money, it was once published how much he had inherited and it wasn't that much and definitely didn't seem to be enough to pay the enormous fees that the colleges he sent his children to demand. He has been described as a pilot, and then if you read through some more down to earth publications(older ones) he was a luggage handler. He bought a coat of arms and his daughter married the heir to the heir, a great accomplishment, and if all goes as planned he will be the grandfather of a King or Queen.
The DM today says that Pippa has spent the weekend with her heir to the Dukedom (whether alone or accompanied by dozens of others is not mentioned), when Pippa and her sister first appeared in social columns they were escribed "from nothing" and now suddenly, as has happened with other people making the social bigtime, they are now mentioned as descendants of royalty (on the father's side, not the mother's of course).
I personally think that Pippa is not anywhere near her sister when it comes to looks and poise but no doubt she will find someone who will be delighted to be able to be invited to some royal occasions and even be invited to shoot some poor defenseless animals in Balmoral.

Perhaps the press chasing after her and taking shots of her doing mundane things, like walking to work is wearing thin . She is not as happy in the photos as earlier and that was before the split with boyfriend.

You haven't seen me (or most of other people, come to that) doing a 'useful' thing all your life. Why? Well, because I do it in my own house &garden & office etc. so who would ever see me, except my coworkers or my family????

I havn't seen YOU ether, doing s.th. useful all your life, you must really be a ... nobody yourself? :whistling:

Trace all royals back and you'll find farmers - and hunter-gatherers. The amount of "blood" in some of the Plantagenet descendants is greater than in the sitting Royals, but that's not why they're there. Their families are tenacious and managed to get themselves on thrones, often not due to blood but battlefield acumen (War of the Roses, anyone?)
Perfectly true, I agree, here in Portugal there are hundreds of direct descendants of the Plantagenets and not through illegitimacy either. It is all a matter of being first born which is a kind of lottery.

Michael Middleton seems always to be shoved into the background by his wife and daughters and I can't help but imagine he is busy making money so that they can lead the life they lead.

Their business was actually started by Carole, not by Michael. :)

She was the entrepreneur- it started with her making party bags for birthday parties, when he was still employed by one of the airlines. I think it's just that the press enjoys criticizing the women more.

Slowly I begin to believe that what the tabloids report (or not report) is selected according to the rules for writing Regency Romances.

Like let's say Mary Balogh or Jo Beverley:

Book one in the Middleton-series.Catherine and the Prince. A story which ends at the altar of Westminster Abbey.

Book two: Philippa and the Duke. A book still to be written. The opening chapter features a sensational dress at the happy ending of book one, which catapults the heroine into the limelight. From now on Philippa (called "Pippa" in the book) who had previously led a quiet life in her sister's shade, is on the run. She looses her gentleman suitor Alex to intrigues which include his evil and condescending family. Her reputation is ruined. She even gets Royal commands to stay more in the background But then her knight in white armour shows up and he is the heir of a dukedom. The duke and duchess come to her rescue and on bringing her out in public again under their wings (which even include those of the Dowager Duchess - always important in such stories: the good ol' fairy) her reputation is restored. For now... Because there will be much further ado and doings till Miss Philippa ends up at the altar.... Wait for next week's installment...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slowly I begin to believe that what the tabloids report (or not report) is selected according to the rules for writing Regency Romances.

:lol:

That is the best explanation I have heard for it yet! And also, may I just say... I look forward to more installments of Phillipa and the Duke! Even if it's completely contrived and has little to do with reality... it's still very entertaining!

Maybe if we stop talking about her she might just go away, wishful thinking I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom