The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

Whatever Pippa is, she is not royal and I certainly hope that she has better things to do than wait for her Prince charming. Although now that her sister is married to the heir to the heir she will not have to wait very long, eligible young men will come flocking if I am not mistaken.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Whatever Pippa is, she is not royal and I certainly hope that she has better things to do than wait for her Prince charming. Although now that her sister is married to the heir to the heir she will not have to wait very long, eligible young men will come flocking if I am not mistaken.
I think we all know that she isn't royal, so why make a point about it?
Just because her sister is married that means guys are going to flock to her? Don't think you know men very well.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
James doesn't get as much attention as Pippa.

When he does, he is often discussed here The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background .
Just a question-I have seen Pippa threads under BRF thread and now in the news. Wouldnt it be simpler to have her under Duchess of Cambridge family as a sub-thread? Similar to Princess Diana's siblings.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
I have seen Pippa threads under BRF thread and now in the news. Wouldnt it be simpler to have her under Duchess of Cambridge family as a sub-thread? Similar to Princess Diana's siblings.
Which Pippa threads are in the BRF section?
And it's Diana, Princess of Wales.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Return of the derriere: Another wedding, another dress, but this time Pippa makes a fashion faux-pas | Mail Online
Old 09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not consider her oufit worn at this wedding "faux-pas",it is very appropriate for this season of the year and the green colour suits Pippa perfectly,here she is more modest ,but I wonder if they did expect Pippa to wear every time dresses alike that one worn at her sister's wedding.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Yuk I am not a green fan and this is not a good look on her IMO. The hat is nasty.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I do not consider her oufit worn at this wedding "faux-pas",it is very appropriate for this season of the year and the green colour suits Pippa perfectly,here she is more modest ,but I wonder if they did expect Pippa to wear every time dresses alike that one worn at her sister's wedding.
No, wearing green is not a faux- pas, but... there is a right way, and a wrong way...
Note to Pippa:
Look at a photo of Princess Di at the wedding of Lady Helen Taylor.
THAT is how to wear green at a wedding.
Your green outfit is ugly. Shove it to the back of your closet, and wear purple and black more often!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
No, wearing green is not a faux- pas, but... there is a right way, and a wrong way...
Note to Pippa:
Look at a photo of Princess Di at the wedding of Lady Helen Taylor.
THAT is how to wear green at a wedding.
Your green outfit is ugly. Shove it to the back of your closet, and wear purple and black more often!
You mean this horrible oufit? Pippa looks stunning, and miles better than Lady Di.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Besides this,there is no sense to compare Lady Di and Pippa,they are very different by their type of beauty,complexion and style.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You mean this horrible oufit? Pippa looks stunning, and miles better than Lady Di.
Yup..... I guess we can agree to disagree!
@ Leanora- Sorry, I am always telling people not to compare Di to the Middletons... I should have bit my tounge. But I wasn't really trying to compare them... just showing, IMO, a more stylish way of wearing the color green!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Pippa and Kate sure have been quite th style icons lately I even have a whole magazine on Middleton style and similar things that look like theirs but for us.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Majesty

It's not a faux-pas imo....just ugly and unflattering.

The suggestion that Pippa approaches anything close to the elegance of the late Princess of Wales makes me choke on my fruit juice!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think we all know that she isn't royal, so why make a point about it?
Just because her sister is married that means guys are going to flock to her? Don't think you know men very well.

Probably not as well as you do. But then perhaps I know more about upper class men.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

There's an old superstition that it's bad luck to wear green at a wedding, but I think it's dying out! At least I hope so!

(Along with it not being permisable to wear black or white! I mean, there are only so many colors, what is a person supposed to wear?)

I think Pippa looks nice, although other outfits she's worn have been more flattering for her.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Pippa and Kate sure have been quite th style icons lately I even have a whole magazine on Middleton style and similar things that look like theirs but for us.
I'm not sure if it's the same magazine, but I recently read People Magazine's "Kate's Style Secrets" special edition and was surprised that when I came to the section on Pippa's style, I really liked some of the things she's worn. I think she has cute dresses and outfits. Now I'm not going to rush out and replicate her stuff, but if I just saw someone like her her walking down the street, I would definitely think she dresses nice. At weddings though, she tends to wear some pretty strange things on her head...her black hat looks like it has some chopsticks attached!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I hadn't heard about not wearing green at a wedding. Come to think of it, I wore teal at my sister's wedding and green at my brothers. Ooops! I think that this shade of green doesn't look good on Pippa and she needed a slip under it. I don't like her shoes and think that they look too heavy for the dress. I could be okay with the hat if the rest of the outfit looked better. However, I suppose that if she looked FANTASTIC she'd be accused of trying to out-do the bride.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Pippa Middleton: Another wedding, but this time her dress is a fashion faux-pas | Mail Online

I didn't know that about wearing Green at weddings!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Green is supposedly an unlucky color at weddings, if you're superstitious, but my sister had deep green velvet gowns for her bridesmaids and she's married 30 years, so go figure. And if I see one more butt shot of Pippa, I'll scream! Why don't they just draw an arrow and point it at her derriere to continually make their point clear? I feel sorry for her knowing that pictures like that can wind up in the newspapers every time she's out.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Pippa Middleton joined Peaches Geldof and Rosario Dawson at the Temperley fashion show tonight to watch the designer unveil her collection at the British Museum.
Pippa's arrival caused a flurry of flashbulbs and palpable excitement as the crowd craned their necks for a glimpse of the Duchess of Cambridge's sister.

Wearing a cream and black mini dress she had collected from the Temperley store earlier that day, Pippa was groomed to perfection with glossy curls and immaculate make up (in the same kohl-rimmed style favoured by sister Kate).

Read more: Pippa Middleton sits front row at Temperley at London Fashion Week | Mail Online

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton