The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Erm why does she need to get married and have children?
Maybe the thought is that if she is "off the market" so to speak, she won't be interesting anymore and the media will leave her alone.

Just a thought.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Or we wont' have to deal with 3 different Pippa's in love stories from the DM. If I am correct, during one week, it was alleged in 3 different articles that she was "in love and in some type of relationship" with George Percy, Alex and Prince Harry.

Though to be honest, those type of stores might change with a wedding ring.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Or those stories will just become wedding dress, location, honeymoon, baby speculation.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

I think tyger means to say that as long as she single she will be an easy target for the press.

But as popular as she is, I think that even after she marries, she will continue to be quite popular and interesting. She is the future Queen Consort of England's sister... I imagine that by the time William takes the throne, he will change things enough that non-royal family members will be seen more often and allowed to join them at stuff they would'nt be allowed to now... like Christmas at Sandringham...
Old 08-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
It cannot be easy - having every burp and hiccup photographed. Without the glam, not even actress celebs look 'good' every second of their day. Poor Pippa - she has no protection - it must be a strain.

She needs to get married. Have some babies. Its not going to get easier.
The alternative would be to always wear sun glasses during the day so that pictures taken and printed for the obvious purpose of showing tired eyes, are not possible.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Erm why does she need to get married and have children?
Oh well - all of the above, I guess. (I might be getting myself into a feminist snarl here - maybe). But also, the 'fast track' pales after a while. Time marches on - she's not a stunning beauty - as I understand Princess Margaret was (those violet eyes) or Elizabeth Taylor (violet eyes, again). Interest will wane when the bum ain't what it was. I am of the opinion that young women should marry and have the shank of their babies in their twenties - just makes all kind of sense. So...

Also, she needs her own life - own family and love and all that. What a mistake to live through her sister - which I doubt she is - but...the elevation in status must be heady. Her own life - love and family - would keep her grounded in her own reality - not Kate's. Again, not saying she is not grounded but the whole event must warp the woof somewhat.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Um... She needs kids and marriage if THAT IS WHAT SHE WANTS. She may want nothing to do with that kind of life. Also how insulting is it to women in general that she should have to catch a man before her "bum" is no longer youthful? Like that's all she has to offer as person?

Yeesh, that's full on dark ages when it comes to women and what we can be in the world.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Um... She needs kids and marriage if THAT IS WHAT SHE WANTS. She may want nothing to do with that kind of life. Also how insulting is it to women in general that she should have to catch a man before her "bum" is no longer youthful? Like that's all she has to offer as person?

Yeesh, that's full on dark ages when it comes to women and what we can be in the world.
Not really - you're taking a simple statement to an extreme. Its a bit more complicated - but I'll be darned if I won't say my thoughts because what I think will be demeaned - which is what has happened with Political Correctness (especially among feminists) - however ill-informed.

As I said, I was risking a feminist snarl - but I come of the the time just after 'The Feminine Mystique' and know well the revolution for female rights - I have stories that could make your toes curl. Anyone here recall the Equal Rights Amendment - that failed? Anyway, I know where-of I speak. Many, many young women took the path of not having a husband and family when the opportunities presented - listening to the PC rhetoric - and lived to wistfully regret it. Some made up for it later, but....

... this is a thread-nap......

P.S. We are all valuable as human beings, of course - but there are realities regarding attraction between the sexes that are legitimate when it comes to procreation. Its just the way it is. If a man or woman wants to attract a mate to procreate they need to pay attention to 'attractiveness' = which is always 'in the eye of the beholder'. But men are men - and there is some truth in truisms, as there are for women.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

And many many others found that they could be fulfilled in ways they never knew were options. Your take on feminist history is... inaccurate and alarming.

Alas, it's a conversation for another time. I'm personally excited to see what Pippa does with her career- she seems quite career driven.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I loathe feminism and I am a feminist. Pippa nor any other woman should need children and a husband to fulfill them unless that is what they want. Pippa is in her mid 20s and a woman doesn't have to rush to get married in her 20s. As for Pippa's popularity, it will wane in time whether she is married or not.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
And many many others found that they could be fulfilled in ways they never knew were options. Your take on feminist history is... inaccurate and alarming.

Alas, it's a conversation for another time. I'm personally excited to see what Pippa does with her career- she seems quite career driven.
For Pete's sake - what I am saying is more complicated than 'fulfillment in other ways'. Career and family are not the same. I lived through it - I was part of it - what I am saying is hardly 'inaccurate' - and far from 'alarming'. (Some feminist rhetoric is 'alarming' when it comes to that). Some truths and realities got thrown out in the passions of the moment of achieving equality - I know, I was there, and its evident for anyone doing a careful read of feminist history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I loathe feminism and I am a feminist. Pippa nor any other woman should need children and a husband to fulfill them unless that is what they want. Pippa is in her mid 20s and a woman doesn't have to rush to get married in her 20s. As for Pippa's popularity, it will wane in time whether she is married or not.
Again, going that way is not 'obvious' from what I said. Career fulfillment is very different from creating a family of one's own. The belief that was 'marketed' - in the passions of the moment - by very young women (and I was one of them) - was that men and family were on a par with a career and of similar weight. They are not.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to some women, men and family are low on the list of importance.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
According to some women, men and family are low on the list of importance.
Some women don't think it's fair for anyone to assume that it's what they want OR that it's what they need to do to be worth anything.

Most of us do value our family and relationships. But the idea that we have to rush to that before our butts lose their youthful shape is pretty darn offensive.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic with the subject of Pippa and not Feminism 101.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

I think Pippa is likely to get very tired of all the fuss - especially given that she has no protection. The romantic in me would like to see her marry a Duke or something - especially a European Royal - I think that would be a very cool thing. However, Pippa's current main squeeze looks pretty darn appealing - can't see many a man who would eclipse him.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Courtier

I agree Tyger, Pippa does have a rather dashing suitor. In fact I would much rather look at him than her. Still cannot understand why the constant fuss over Pippa in the press.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton gets parking penalty as warden tickets her BMW convertible | Mail Online

Wannabe-celebrities like Pippa using the old trick, park your fancy car where you are not allowed to, a guarantee to get your picture taken while showing off your expensive handbag
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pippa Middleton gets parking penalty as warden tickets her BMW convertible | Mail Online

Wannabe-celebrities like Pippa using the old trick, park your fancy car where you are not allowed to, a guarantee to get your picture taken while showing off your expensive handbag
Why use a car in London anyway? Last time I was there you could hire a cab....
Old 09-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Is that the same blouse as the one Catherine wore for the official engagement photos?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Royal Highness

IMO Pippa is a young,spirited woman with lots of interests and aspirations who is enjoying her life!I guess she´s not uncomfortable with the attention she gets-Which woman wouldn´t love to be adored and get compliments for her looks and her style? If she wanted to be less public she would find a way to be more anonymous-there are lots of famous people like Kate Winslet or Jodie Foster who are not in the tabloids regularly even though they are very popular.They just avoid certain "hot spots"-trendy restaurants,designer shops,certain events that are frequented by celebrities and paparazzis and have more privacy!I like Pippa a lot,she seems like a very nice,easy-going person and I think she will know what she wants to do with her life :-)

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton