The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

I get realy sick of this Pippa thing. I do not know who is encouraging this but for me she is a nothing but i think she herself likes it.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
I get realy sick of this Pippa thing. I do not know who is encouraging this but for me she is a nothing but i think she herself likes it.
Perhaps it is just an individual thing with me, but I place too high a value on my privacy and anonymity to ever tolerate such public attention, for even a brief bit of time. I would be seeking legal protection of my right to privacy if I was that young woman.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Never heard of this show but it's an American show with a catchy title. The producers obviously want to create interest in the show and it is probably just a number of clips of Pippa and some background about her life. I would not put much stock in it, nor would I watch it.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundtrock View Post
Perhaps it is just an individual thing with me, but I place too high a value on my privacy and anonymity to ever tolerate such public attention, for even a brief bit of time. I would be seeking legal protection of my right to privacy if I was that young woman.
Yes, but obviously she is not doing all of these things.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Gentry

The show is apparently called "Crazy about Pippa"
Agree don't believe Pippa is involved in this show but just find it odd.
Is the world really crazy about her or is it just the media?
Found the youtube video of the show being discussed on GMA (morning chat/news show).

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

In the clip it says we are obsessed with Pippa!!!!!!!!!!! Excuses me who is we??? An also: i do not want to be Pippa!!!! Look as good as Pippa?? I cannot believe this, there are thousands of girls out there who look far better than Pippa!! Please......... i am really sorry but i am so frustrated by this Pippa mania, that is only made by the MEDIA!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
In the clip it says we are obsessed with Pippa!!!!!!!!!!! Excuses me who is we??? An also: i do not want to be Pippa!!!! Look as good as Pippa?? I cannot believe this, there are thousands of girls out there who look far better than Pippa!! Please......... i am really sorry but i am so frustrated by this Pippa mania, that is only made by the MEDIA!
Well put! I only saw her in her sister's wedding, and after that, really didn't need to see anymore. She's a private citizen and the media should leave her alone and not create this idiocy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Well, whoever she marries will be the brother-in-law of the King of UK someday, so in that extent I can sort of see why she is eligible and all, but I wonder had she had worn a different dress (less flattering to put it nicely) would she be this much discussed?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

IMO, this is a media gimmick. Catherine is no longer out and walking about where they can trail and photograph her. She is limited now and therefore they have to find a new target. So ..... voila .... Pippa, a new creation. I don't think she is encouraging it, she can hardly frown and stick out her tongue at them. I suspect this will all calm down in time. I certainly don't find it unsettling except for the intrusion of her privacy. She is in a sticky position as Catherine's sister and I think any complaints would have to be done quietly. As I recall her parents have already had issues with regard to her and the media. As long as they do not create any dangerous situtations they will continue following her for awhile.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Well, whoever she marries will be the brother-in-law of the King of UK someday, so in that extent I can sort of see why she is eligible and all, but I wonder had she had worn a different dress (less flattering to put it nicely) would she be this much discussed?
Different dress to Catherine's wedding you mean? Well Catherine chose the dress, tecnically this attention is her fault then.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Different dress to Catherine's wedding you mean? Well Catherine chose the dress, tecnically this attention is her fault then.

But what was flattering about her dress?? I did not see any curves or whatsoever at all. I mean it was a nice dress but not sexy or something, i did not see a behind or breasts, nice said. But maybe men did see!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Perhaps Catherine was a little too naive in the choice of dress for Pippa. After all it is the role of the chief bridesmaid to support the bride ,not upstage her as in this case.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why the press got crazy about Pippa and not about James Middleton or any other relatives...
Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Maybe the press are more interested in an attractive young lady than an attractive young man !!.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Courtier

WEll, My opinion is that Catherine got the looks in the family. she is very pretty, has a nice figure, and a great head of hair. As for her sister, this may seem mean spirited, but she has a horse face. she is not pretty, but not ugly. she has a great figure and like her sister, a great head of hair. but that is were it ends. as for their brother...he was hit with the ugly stick.
The dress Catherine picked for pippa was very flattering and she really did look pretty that day. As for all the hoopla about it, that is "probably" the 1st image of Pippa that people in the states had of her and thats were things took off. Since it's summer and there is really NOTHING on t.v. that is why they are making something out of nothing.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
I wonder why the press got crazy about Pippa and not about James Middleton or any other relatives...
He's a cutie IMO!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
He's a cutie IMO!
Quite a number of my friends daughters agree with you on that one .

As for the sons, they can't see what all the fuss is about reguarding Pippa. Most of them would have had Catherine , if William hadn't got in there first !!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72

But what was flattering about her dress?? I did not see any curves or whatsoever at all. I mean it was a nice dress but not sexy or something, i did not see a behind or breasts, nice said. But maybe men did see!
Not to be crude but I saw a stunning figure on Pippa on she has worked on and toned. It's certainly better than her sisters at the moment. Pippa looked gorgeous in that dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay
Perhaps Catherine was a little too naive in the choice of dress for Pippa. After all it is the role of the chief bridesmaid to support the bride ,not upstage her as in this case.
Pippa upstaged Catherine, are you being serious?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not to be crude but I saw a stunning figure on Pippa on she has worked on and toned. It's certainly better than her sisters at the moment. Pippa looked gorgeous in that dress.

Pippa upstaged Catherine, are you being serious?
Pippa did look gorgeous , and I agree with you wholeheartedly, her figure is much better than her sisters, however what I mean by her "upstageing " Catherine is that Pippas dress was the one people in my circle talked about the most.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay

Pippa did look gorgeous , and I agree with you wholeheartedly, her figure is much better than her sisters, however what I mean by her "upstageing " Catherine is that Pippas dress was the one people in my circle talked about the most.
Well that's Catherine's fault not Pippa's. Not only did she choose Pippa's dress so chose a dull dress for herself that has been outshines in some people's minds.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton