Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it to be expected to be photographed from every ankle when sitting in row number one among other celebrities at a fashion show?

Then why wear such a short dress that legs have forcefully be crossed in order to avoid photographers getting a view up to Moscow I am asking myself?

Its all about getting attention, nothing else.
Here I have to agree with you.From the first time I read about Pippa and I saw her,even before Kate's engagement,I've understood that she's the type of women that really enjoys attention and I see nothing wrong with it,sometimes there are less beautiful women,but who are more coquette and tend to be in the centre of attention.In this case Pippa has all the chances,if she were to marry a prince or any other person from "beaumonde",she'd be very quickly in the top of best-dressed etc.
Pippa is very feminine,while Kate prefers classic style and has more hidden personality,Kate is rather more strong in masculine type of thinking and behaviour,in order to get attention she doesn't need any coquette elements.Even Kate is close and smiling,someway she and her sister Pippa remind me about two other famous sisters,the sisters Bouvier-Jacqueline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill,when Lee really enjoyed the attention of publica,while Jackie prefered to stay watching from the distance.

Isn't Pippa supposed to be promised to Alex Loudon? Isn't he working hard to provide a good life while Pippa parties away? When she was supposedly being attached to Harry and Percy, what about Alex? Isn't she supposed to be with her fiance, or at least not running around after the two of them? I wonder how Alex felt seeing all those headlines and I think it was kind of a slap in the face.

I'm sure I'm pretty late to be commenting on Pippa's thigh-baring mini-dress mini-disaster, but I still couldn't resist the urge to post about it.

One of the pictures in the DM came awfully close to horrifying territory - and it's really a shame; the dress was not all that short when she was standing, but apparently Pippa doesn't know quite how to sit in a skirt of that length and cut. (I'm not a fan of Pippa, (she irritated me by carrying Kate's train too much, thereby IMHO ruining the beautiful lines of the gown and train and showing off the underskirt? but that's another story) however I still felt really bad for her obvious discomfort at the Temperley show; she knew all those cameras were on her and just waiting for one poorly judged movement so they could get a "knickers-or-not" shot.

I've never been of the opinion that Pippa courts publicity, but rather that she refuses to let the tabloid interest constrain her from living her life pretty much as she always has as an adult. The fact this was the first fashion show she went to since her sister's wedding, when she was previously a frequent attendee, illustrates this, to my way of thinking and IMHO.

But I can't imagine how horrible it had to have been to sit there for so long, scared witless that you'd embarrass yourself, your sister, (not that Kate wouldn't have totally understood after what happened to HRH in windy Calgary wearing that yellow dress!) and your boyfriend if the photogs got that shot which she knew would have made the front page of every tabloid. No woman should have to deal with that simply because of whom her sister chose to marry.

Well, kudos to Pippa for managing quite well and for keeping her cool when she could have made some excuse and left. The Middletons certainly seem to produce self-possessed daughters who know how to handle the public eye. Kate, by marrying William, has agreed to become a public figure. Being her sister's bridesmaid should not have put Pippa anywhere near the position she now occupies in the tabloids' favourite headlines list.

For the first time, after seeing the DM and other London papers, I really feel for Pippa. I hope the tabloids find a new "it girl" with whom to occupy themselves; it's nearly five months since the wedding. Enough already: Give the woman a break.

Well honestly ..... I think she should have spread her legs and then thrust her clasped hands down between her legs and closed off all access .... that would teach 'em. That is what they were looking for after all. I really doubt that there was a way to sit that would have been protective enough other than than described above. I have to wonder if the photographer was lying on his side on the catwalk to get just the right shot.

I repeat, I think it's disgusting. I'm not a particular fan of Pippa, I just think the media is behaving ridiculously. If they can't catch Catherine in an embarrassing position (which they did indeed in Canada) then they will try with Pippa. What's next? Carole Middleton??

The dress looked fine when Pippa was standing up, and I wonder if somehow the dress got hitched up when she was sitting down? There just seems to be such a difference between the standing length and the sitting length.:ermm:

The dress looked fine when Pippa was standing up, and I wonder if somehow the dress got hitched up when she was sitting down? There just seems to be such a difference between the standing length and the sitting length.:ermm:

From what I could see, the dress didn't have a defined waist-line, but fell from the shoulders. In my experience, the lack of some sort of waist "band" or even a seam around the waist makes it much more difficult to sit modestly as the back of the dress always seems to catch on one's chair and all of a sudden, it seems like seven inches have deleted themselves from the hem.:ohmy: (I could be dead wrong; it's been a few years since I was young enough to wear a dress like that. In my home country, women don't usually wear dresses of that sort after thirty years old, or thereabouts.:bang:)

Isnt it to be expected to be photographed from every ankle when sitting in row number one among other celebrities at a fashion show?

Then why wear such a short dress that legs have forcefully be crossed in order to avoid photographers getting a view up to Moscow I am asking myself?

Not necessarily.
I suspect she wore that particular dress as a favor to the designer; it was said that she stopped on the way to the show to pick up the dress. So I think perhaps Temperley asked her to wear it, knowing it would make headlines.

Newspapers only bring this kind of pictures because there is high demand for it :eek:
Most gossip magazines only feature pics of celebrities bringing out the garbage or slipping on a banana skin,I guess it gives "normal" people great satisfaction to see beautiful,rich and successful personalities in disgraceful situations or looks...I don´t like that very much but that´s the way it works.
At fashion shows photographers have no shame to enter the backstage area while the models are half naked or too busy to get pictures taken (it´s always a lot of stress) and it´s no surprise they often get such unflattering pictures...
They did the same thing with Diana and now they are following Kate just to get a valuable picture to proclaim a scandal,it´s so weird!Pippa seems to handle the situation with the press very well,she comes across as someone very confident who is not afraid to be in the center of attention. A few bad pictures don´t destroy her image & it doesn´t really matter because tomorrow they will show bad pictures of another famous person and everyone will talk about it :lol:

I think that Pippa had as much dignity as she could gather in this situation. She doesn't look like she's enjoying the attention from the photographers, but she doesn't look overwhelmed either.

I would also feel uncomfortable if I was wearing a very short skirt/dress and ppl take pictures,but I was generally speaking - I really admire her for being so cool and relaxed about the whole situation she is in after her sisters marriage and being so much in the spotlight all the time,I would get really mad if I got photographed and followed everywhere ;-)

Peaches did not look like a hooker, she is wearing a long elegant dress and actually looks less revealing than the other girls.

To me, Peaches looks like her breasts are about to fall out of that dress!
She just looks skanky, like she needs a shower; I would never describe her as looking elegant.

I do think Rosario Dawson looks nice, though. And she and Pippa both seem to be enjoying the show.

Here I have to agree with you.From the first time I read about Pippa and I saw her,even before Kate's engagement,I've understood that she's the type of women that really enjoys attention and I see nothing wrong with it,sometimes there are less beautiful women,but who are more coquette and tend to be in the centre of attention.In this case Pippa has all the chances,if she were to marry a prince or any other person from "beaumonde",she'd be very quickly in the top of best-dressed etc.
Pippa is very feminine,while Kate prefers classic style and has more hidden personality,Kate is rather more strong in masculine type of thinking and behaviour,in order to get attention she doesn't need any coquette elements.Even Kate is close and smiling,someway she and her sister Pippa remind me about two other famous sisters,the sisters Bouvier-Jacqueline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill,when Lee really enjoyed the attention of publica,while Jackie prefered to stay watching from the distance.

The morning of the Kate/William wedding when I first saw Pippa she was grinning like a newly discovered starlet as she approached Westminster Abbey. It was so obvious how much she was enjoying being in the spotlight! The next morning when she and her family were leaving the Goerring Hotel it was even worse...she walked ever so slowly to the family car, grinning and waving for all the world like some sort of beauty pageant contestant.

She does indeed seem to be in her ELEMENT, no doubt. :ermm:

BTW...about the Bouvier sisters...Jackie enjoyed publicity and the spotlight too...but only on her own terms. She insisted on being in control of her own publicity...her public image was extremely important to her.

Last edited:
I think it's much better to look happy when in the public eye than to look grumpy, especially when one's sister is getting married. I think that people were cheering them when they left the Goerring. Smiling and waving is better than ignoring people.

The morning of the Kate/William wedding when I first saw Pippa she was grinning like a newly discovered starlet as she approached Westminster Abbey. It was so obvious how much she was enjoying being in the spotlight! The next morning when she and her family were leaving the Goerring Hotel it was even worse...she walked ever so slowly to the family car, grinning and waving for all the world like some sort of beauty pageant contestant.

Mermaid1962, I quite agree. But the manner in which she was doing all that smiling and waving was a little off-putting....at least to me.

She was acting as if the point of all the attention was herself!

I've never seen making such a fuss about a sister of a newly wed Duchess :blink:

Every time there's an article about Pippa, there's comments screaming that she's nobody special, and everyone should move on!

But these comments number in the hundreds and hundreds (almost seven hundred on the fashion show).;)

The newspapers aren't stupid; they'll stop their obsession with Pippa- once those comments dwindle to a handful.

(Example: several months ago one of George Bush's nieces got married - I forget which one. The press tried talking it up as the wedding of the year- but they couldn't get much out of it, because the thing is: nobody was interested.)

The press knows the difference between what people say and what they do.

Every time there's an article about Pippa, there's comments screaming that she's nobody special, and everyone should move on!

But these comments number in the hundreds and hundreds (almost seven hundred on the fashion show).;)

The newspapers aren't stupid; they'll stop their obsession with Pippa- once those comments dwindle to a handful.

(Example: several months ago one of George Bush's nieces got married - I forget which one. The press tried talking it up as the wedding of the year- but they couldn't get much out of it, because the thing is: nobody was interested.)

The press knows the difference between what people say and what they do.

Exactly! The press does not care if the comments are positive or negative, just that there are comments. Their hope is that while you are reading the article and commenting you are also looking at all the advertisements on the same page. "Clicks" to read the article and number of comments are how they base their advertising rates. The more the better.

When people stop clicking on Pippa articles and stop posting comments is when the press will stop writing about her.

When people stop clicking on Pippa articles and stop posting comments is when the press will stop writing about her.

But that wont happen unless Pippa stops polarizing with celebrity-like behaviour (fashion show front row in a short dress or showing off the latest handbag when finding off that the fancy car has been clamped) and why would she stop - she would be missing the attention.

To my earlier post that I was talking about it's called
"the royal style guide" and it featured the duchess of Cambridge on the cover I love it and have a copy:)

Mirabel said:
Did you notice all the camera shots of her crossed legs? Really, the press goes too far! It clearly made her uneasy, she looked like she had her thighs clenched not to reveal too much! ;)

Also, it said she picked up her dress earler from the designer, so it was obviously planned for her to show up in that- let's see if she has Kate's selling power!

So then knowing she'd sit front row and there would be pictures why purpofully pick such a short dress? Sorry but can't blame the photographers IMO

Duke of Marmalade said:

Ah, duke you and I are of one mind :) fantastic!

Ok I don't like Pippa but a lot of you are just complaining about nonsense. Pippa was smiling at her sisters wedding because it is her sister's freakin wedding! She wasn't grinning or enjoying the limelight, she was doing her job and her family proud. Bridesmaids are normally supposed to have a smile on their face. Were those younger bridesmaids showing off for the camera as well? They were smiling and waving as well. And Pippa is doing nothing different in her life in regards to fashion shows and such, the only difference is cameras are following her looking for a story.

Ok I don't like Pippa but a lot of you are just complaining about nonsense. Pippa was smiling at her sisters wedding because it is her sister's freakin wedding! She wasn't grinning or enjoying the limelight, she was doing her job and her family proud. Bridesmaids are normally supposed to have a smile on their face. Were those younger bridesmaids showing off for the camera as well? They were smiling and waving as well. And Pippa is doing nothing different in her life in regards to fashion shows and such, the only difference is cameras are following her looking for a story.

Next thing we'll hear is HM wore sunshine yellow so that she'd stand out in the crowd. :)

Loved Pippa's red dress at the Boodles Boxing Ball today!
Pic with article in P. B.&E's fashion thread.

I love the dress,especially the flower details around the waist!Definitely my favourite dress of that evening :)

Latest news about this couple is a possible engagement announcement soon.

Latest news about this couple is a possible engagement announcement soon.

I've read that too, but something about the relationship seems a bit off to me.
As I said, they are seldom photographed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom