The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Harsh, but not untrue (at least with respect to Pippa). She is a very plain faced girl who has maximized her assets and presented herself extremely well.
But look who the writer of the article considers a genuine beauty: Nicole Kidman? Meryl Streep? Halle Berry?

I would argue that Kate and Pippa have as much claim to beauty as the other women mentioned.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

That article was a bit rough....beauty is only skin deep, ugly is to the bone. I think the writer is showing their ugly side.

MM

Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

LMAO! Halle Berry is considered one of the most beautiful woman in the world and thats not just the media talking. Nicole and Halle are arguably much more beautiful than Pippa and even Kate. Meryl is probably an acquired taste.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
LMAO! Halle Berry is considered one of the most beautiful woman in the world and thats not just the media talking. Nicole and Halle are arguably much more beautiful than Pippa and even Kate. Meryl is probably an acquired taste.
Considered by whom? Halle is attractive, certainly. But I don't think she's anything special. She has an excellent figure but her face isn't exactly mesmerizing. ( As for her personality, better not to go there.)

Then there's Kidman. IMO, Kidman's predilection for botox has long eroded her claims to beauty. Her face looks frozen.

Meryl has charm, talent and personality, but I have never considered her beautiful. But tastes differ.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Pippa is a charming girl, was beautiful bridemaid for Kate, performed her task admirably and she currently has a handsome and successful suitor. I do not think anything more needs to be said quite frankly. No point in comparing her with Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep, who is actually almost old enough to be her grandmother.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
Pippa is a charming girl, was beautiful bridemaid for Kate, performed her task admirably and she currently has a handsome and successful suitor. I do not think anything more needs to be said quite frankly. No point in comparing her with Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep, who is actually almost old enough to be her grandmother.
No,grandmothers are too much to be considered.But I agree ,there is no point in comparing them,all of them have different types of beauty.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
No,grandmothers are too much to be considered.But I agree ,there is no point in comparing them,all of them have different types of beauty.
I agree with most of the posts on this page: Comparisons are odious in general. But I must admit I don't understand the British tabloids fascination with Pippa Middleton. She is a lovely girl but not so unusually beautiful to merit the attention given to her, IMO. (I'm specifically referring to attention about her looks, not natural attention due to her being sister to Kate Cambridge.) I could understand it if she looked like Grace Kelly or someone similarly gorgeous, but this is not the case.

If she is anywhere near as down to earth as her sister is, I'm sure Pippa probably wishes the focus on her derriere, etc, would go away. Right now, I'd wager all of the Middleton family want a long break from journalists, reporters and any other sort of media. They must be longing to get on with their own lives now that Kate is settled in her new life and the strain and worrying of the wedding is over. Just my opinion, but it's how I think most families would feel in these circumstances.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

It has appeared the trailer of Pippa Middleton documentary on TLC:

Pippa Middleton documentary trailer: The rise of Her Royal Hotness | Mail Online
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
It has appeared the trailer of Pippa Middleton documentary on TLC:

Pippa Middleton documentary trailer: The rise of Her Royal Hotness | Mail Online
Ugh...It's not that I hate Pippa (I don't know her). She is probably a lovely woman. But that show looks, and sounds, like a load of ...well,yuck.

Where did they get their information? Because anyone who would actually KNOW anything won't give TLC the time of day!!

Are there seriously enough people who will watch this?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

This sounds like the usual entertainment show type hype. In all honesty, Pippa, IMO can be considered a cute girl, certainly not beautiful. Pictures of her as a child I recall that she was really prettier than Catherine but not now. I suspect that much of her appeal with those who know her may be her personality. I think this is just some newspapers/tabloids creating a new focus. This is not meant as a negative against Pippa I just don't see the "reality" of all this and I think it is created hype. I don't see her as an important fashion focus, except as I said above, created by the media. IMO, in the earlier days the smiling responses were due to all the circumstances. I find it interesting that now we are seeing a more normal "girl about town".

The tabloids always have to have something natter on about.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Again she is not hott
She is not pretty
She has no butt
And she isn't as attractive as her sister
She is like the Paris Hilton of England, all hype and nothing else.
Like others I have nothing against her, but the media's orgy over her is ridiculous.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Again she is not hott
She is not pretty
She has no butt
Like others I have nothing against her, but the media's orgy over her is ridiculous.
I don't think I would take it this far. Paris Hilton is actually famous/infamous? for some pretty skanky things.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

I would just like to add that because the media has gone crazy doesn't mean that their "designated person" should be maligned ... it really isn't fair, unless one happens to think they are courting the attention, which I don't believe is the case with Pippa despite some people who insist that she does.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I would just like to add that because the media has gone crazy doesn't mean that their "designated person" should be maligned ... it really isn't fair, unless one happens to think they are courting the attention, which I don't believe is the case with Pippa despite some people who insist that she does.
I agree 100%. I don't think she is courting attention.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
Again she is not hott
She is not pretty
She has no butt
Kinda harsh don't you think?
I'm not a big Pippa fan. But I must say from what I've seen she's not the type of person that courts attention...Unlike one particular person in the Swedish thread...ahem. She may not be hot but she's not the ugly duckling you're making her seem. She obviously has something resembling a butt if magazines have been honoring it. If I were Pippa I'd be insulted by the comparison with Paris Hilton. Unlike Paris, she can't help it if the media all of a sudden takes a liking to her. Paris is a "fame-whore", I honestly cannot say that about Pippa.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

My comparison to Paris is in reference to the hype. Paris is regarded as being somehow a hott person simply because she is famous. Some in the media (American) treated her like gases gift and like she was something special, in a similar fashion to what is going on with Pippa. I did not mean to imply that Pippa is a media _____ like Paris which she definitely is not.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Majesty

Paris is trash,ab-so-lu-te trash,like in garbage.Pippa,as you all call her,has a class unknown to any tramp like hiltons or that breed,of this world.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Gentry

Pippa television show

Just saw the commercial on the TLC network in the US for a tv show on
"her royal hotness" Pippa Middleton.
Apparently it's airing sometime this weekend.
While I know she seems to be a perfectly nice young woman I have to ask why? I'm just amazed by this.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post
Just saw the commercial on the TLC network in the US for a tv show on
"her royal hotness" Pippa Middleton.
Apparently it's airing sometime this weekend.
While I know she seems to be a perfectly nice young woman I have to ask why? I'm just amazed by this.
no video on YouTube ?

this

Old 08-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Commoner

Unless Ms. P Middelton is encouraging this, I think it is simply wrong. Her SISTER married into the Royal family, not her. I thought the UK had strict invasion of privacy laws?

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton