The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

And leave the ring at home....baahaaaa....laugh as the press chases it's tail.

LaRae

Old 07-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton takes her Pendleton bicycle for a spin in London | Daily Mail Online

If you miss pippa's ring here we go!!!!!

Old 07-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

There's been a story about Pippa in the DM every single day since she got engaged!

I've been thinking what the press will do, should Beatrice or Eugenie also announce their engagements?
They'll be beside themselves!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Majesty

James Matthews was in love with her for 10 years - according to the DM. if true, that's a sweet story to tell their grandchildren!

pippa's ring and cartier watch look lovely. great choices by james! so is pippa's dog. i didn't know she had one, and it is sweet that all 3 siblings have spaniels...

i have no doubt george and charlotte will be page and flower girl, but wonder if kate will really be the bridesmaid this time. perhaps they will want to avoid unwanted media attention and have william and kate entering the church just as guests?

in any case, i am excited to see the dress pippa choses and also which church they choose to marry in. my guess is that it will be somewhere near pippa's parents' house in bucklebury.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
James Matthews was in love with her for 10 years - according to the DM. if true, that's a sweet story to tell their grandchildren!

pippa's ring and cartier watch look lovely. great choices by james! so is pippa's dog. i didn't know she had one, and it is sweet that all 3 siblings have spaniels...

i have no doubt george and charlotte will be page and flower girl, but wonder if kate will really be the bridesmaid this time. perhaps they will want to avoid unwanted media attention and have william and kate entering the church just as guests?

in any case, i am excited to see the dress pippa choses and also which church they choose to marry in. my guess is that it will be somewhere near pippa's parents' house in bucklebury.
The spaniels are even sweeter because I think all the 3 siblings have dogs that are the puppys of the family dog Ella :)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's been a story about Pippa in the DM every single day since she got engaged!

I've been thinking what the press will do, should Beatrice or Eugenie also announce their engagements?
They'll be beside themselves!

It's a relatively slow time of year with people going on vacations. There are not many Royal engagements. Thus the daily Pippa picture.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Looks like Pippa is set to have her own title in time, following news of her engagement.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

What an accomplishment

Quote:
It is an exhilarating, if nerve-racking, achievement.

Yet for Pippa Middleton – pictured here on the summit of the Matterhorn, having conquered its fabled 14,691ft peak shortly after daybreak yesterday – it is an adventure tinged with sadness, too.

The 32-year-old made the climb in honour of the younger brother of her fiance James Matthews, whose life was lost when a Himalayan storm engulfed his assault on Everest in 1999.

For that emotional reason, her husband-to-be chose not come with her, though he shares her devotion to extreme sports.

Instead Pippa, a writer and party planner, was supported by her brother James Middleton, 29. The pair hope to raise thousands of pounds for the charity set up in the name of her fiance’s brother, Michael.

Just hours after her descent, Pippa spoke movingly about what had inspired her – and how she was longing to share her adventure with her fiance.

She told The Mail on Sunday: ‘It was humbling to have been able to climb one of the world’s most beautiful mountains and raise money for a charity created in memory of an extraordinary young man who lost his life on another peak. Although I have raised money in the past for the Michael Matthews Foundation, it has now become even more important to me and my family.
Read more: Pippa Middleton scales mountain in memory of fiance's brother | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

She's really inspiring in her athleticism, and I hope they raise alot of money through it. Really fun to follow her in trying to test her limits!
Old 07-30-2016, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

They are seriously fit people. Climbing the Matterhorn before breakfast! Yikes!

I'm curious. How does them doing that actually raise money? Do people sponsor them per metre or something like they do with schoolchildren and walkathons. Serious question. I don't know.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure about this climb, but for events like the race across America, she had a 'just give fund' which is like 'gofundme' but the money goes to a charity. People can read about what she is doing and for what and donate what they want. I have a good friend in Scotland who does one of the big cycling races every year and I sponsor her as a racer the same way.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Happy for Pippa. She wanted to climb the Matterhorn back in 2013 but was thwarted by weather. Back then she wrote-

Unfortunately, due to the bad weather and avalanche threat, we had to abandon the Haute Route only three and a half hours from our final destination, the Matterhorn and Zermatt. I was gutted. We had to ski back down to Arolla. We all glugged down vin chaud at 9 a.m. to soften the blow. More headaches. At the airport, I walked past the Toblerone bars in Duty Free; the logo is an image of the Matterhorn. It was a sorry reminder of what we nearly, but didn’t quite, achieve. Another year, perhaps

Pippa Middleton's Alpine diary

Once Pippa sets her mind to something she'll eventually accomplish it.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

OK so help me out. Wasn't Pippa with Nico a year ago and didn't she just start dating this new guy?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-31-2016, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

It's hard to say, since there's no way to now how long the time period between the breakup with Nico occurred and the announcement of that breakup happened.

The news broke in October last year. The relationship between Pippa and James seems to have started in September.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
It's hard to say, since there's no way to now how long the time period between the breakup with Nico occurred and the announcement of that breakup happened.

The news broke in October last year. The relationship between Pippa and James seems to have started in September.
They also dated back in 2012 for a while and has been close friends the whole time so it's not as whirlwind as it might seem.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

^ that's very true.

Also, as you get older, I think relationships often progress more quickly, because you've got a better idea of what you want.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa and James seem well-suited.

I never cared for Nico, I thought there was something smarmy about him.
Whenever he was photographed with Pippa, he seemed to be posing.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

They apparently know each other a long time (at least 10 years?) and, again apparently dated briefly back in 2012, so maybe not so sudden as thought. At 22 and 30, the age gap is considerably greater than 32 and 40 and in 2012 the "Her Royal Hotness" tag was - well I imagine getting to be a pain in the backside! She couldn't go outside the door without being snapped! I think she handled it better than Kate probably would have, dispite her exposure to the media glare being a lot more sudden.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I think Pippa's is more tasteful compared to Beyonce or Kim K.

IMO anyone is more tasteful than those two & it doesn't take a lot to pull it off either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I know you meant George :) And if she gets married next summer, he'll be four.

Charlotte might be a little young (two in May 2017) but I'd be surprised if George didn't have a role.

They're her only niece and nephew.

I also expect to see George, who will be the same age his Dad was when he stole the show at the York Wedding in 86. I can still see this one part in my head where William was acting up & it switched to his Parents looking at him & if looks could kill...LOL!! Got to love little ones at Weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Ii think it would be a great surprise to do an English winter wedding in Bucklebury in January... A pretty open time in the royal calendar. Snow covered countryside and horse drawn sleighs ....and no obvious comparisons to her sisters wedding (nor all of their friends). Pippa entertains for a living so I am sure she wants something very different. Whatever she does it ought to be good.

That picture you just created sounds so charmingly lovely. ITA about Winter Weddings. They really can be things of beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think (to quote an old Rod Stewart lyric) she wears it well... all the critique that is.
I think one of the finest things about Pippa an her immediate family is that they take repeated chucks on the jaw and just keep on keeping on. It shows resilience and maturity, IMO.

Same here. W/all the slime slung at them over the years, I have great admiration for how they've handled it all. It can't be easy for a Parent to not do or say anything when your children are constantly attacked in the Press. I don't think I could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Does it really matter if she rides into the sunset of obscurity or is forevermore chronicled if she happen to burp at an inopportune moment? Ultimately, its our own personal decisions who we want to know about and who we don't want to know about.

I wouldn't know a Kardasian if one sat next to me on a bus.

Lucky you. I think the perfect solution is to have them be the first Martian Colonists. They'd have that attention they seek & would be as far away as anyone could possibly hope for. Win win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
If a Kardasian sat next to me on a bus I'd get up and move to a different seat.
Perhaps that's why I don't see Pippa or the Middletons as pushy - here in the USA we have families like the Ks and compared to them the Middletons, even including Uncle Gary, are discretion personified.

Thank you for explaining it so perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Wow!! I met a friend of my BiL who does that for his hobby once & he was saying it really is one of the most challenging climbs in the World & not for someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Major respect & Congratulations to Pippa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Pippa and James seem well-suited.

I never cared for Nico, I thought there was something smarmy about him.
Whenever he was photographed with Pippa, he seemed to be posing.

I thought the same about Nico. Just...Something seemed to be off there. Not this time.

Congratulations to Pippa & James!! I wish them all the happiness in the World!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

I also expect to see George, who will be the same age his Dad was when he stole the show at the York Wedding in 86. I can still see this one part in my head where William was acting up & it switched to his Parents looking at him & if looks could kill...LOL!! Got to love little ones at Weddings.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I have never liked the thought of children at weddings.
I know it's very popular in the UK, but I much prefer adult attendants.

I've been to plenty of weddings where the children get over-excited and act out. (I have heard some real horror stories!)

I just don't think children belong at weddings. JMO.

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton