The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2016, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
but the Kardashians are the sort of people you expect to be making a living out of being famous for being famous.. Isn't one of them famous for having a large backside? You DONT expect it from the sister of the POWs sons wife. (OK Pippa isn't as bad as the Ks or their like). but she IS in te news and just now she's hard to completely avoid..
Is there any evidence that Pippa is making money out of being famous? I think that her charities would would be very pleased that she is attracting attention but I don't think she, herself, is profiting in any way other than gaining publicity.

She is the sister of the future Queen Consort of the UK. Images of her were shown all over the world during her sister's wedding and later during the period the media played with the idea of her being close to Harry. Pippa is bound to attract media attention at times for the rest of her life, such as now when she is newly engaged, the period leading up to her wedding, the wedding itself (bearing in mind Kate and William will be at that wedding), when she has her own children (who will be nieces/nephews of the future Queen Consort and cousins to the future king), and at other random times in the future such as when she is involved in charity events and when her sister becomes Princess of Wales and, later, Queen Consort. She will always attract a certain amount of media attention.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think they are a good match. As sister of the future Queen Pippa needed a wealthy man who can pay for a lavish lifestyle and has no problem living in the public eye at the same time.
James is one of these rich bachelors who needed a socialite who knows how to live in the social circles he moves in. He's 40, has never been married, that's kind of a statement that he was waiting for a specific girl fitting in or that other girls weren't interested in or qualified for the kind of life he's been leading.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Her 400,000 advance for book. No new writer whose party career is working for her parents party supply business would even get a 10th of that as an advance. Unless they have a name to sell.

Her career writing articles for magazines. If she was Pippa Smith from Manchester, her 'articles' would never be published. She didn't have the skill and her name didn't even carry interest long enough.

Her TV interviews and magazines. Didn't get them for winning races or big achievements.

At least her fame is now supporting good causes.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:26 AM
Courtier

Well, I won't click on The Mail but I believe the headline. They must have known each other a very long time, because in 2012 Spencer gave an interview saying this about them:

SL: There’s a teeny tiny rumor floating that your older brother, James is dating Pippa Middleton. What’s the word on this?

SM: You know, my brother is an extremely private guy and he just despises any mention of his name in any press. He is the opposite of me, although we’re quite good friends. However, what you read in the Daily Mail isn’t too far from the truth.

I know they’ve always been very close friends – well, they’ve had a close friendship for awhile and it seems that there might be something more there, but I don’t know. As I said, my brother doesn’t tell me anything. I’m the last one he keeps informed on that.

Spencer Matthews On ‘Made In Chelsea’ And A Gal Named Pippa Middleton [EXCLUSIVE] - Socialite Life

I think marriages with a strong foundation of friendship are usually the best ones.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:59 AM
Serene Highness

IS she making money for good causes? I assumed that she was making money for herself. I seem to recall Fergie claiming that the royalties from her books (when she was a young married) would go to charity but most of the money was kept for herself because she needed it.. And I assumed that Pippa is the same. Her family are well to do, but I would guess with her lifestyle she needs lot of dosh and she may give some to charity or do some appearances for charities, but her book advances etc are for herself.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

She's raised some serious money for the British Heart Foundation:

Pippa Middleton Raises $275,000 for British Heart Foundation Charity : People.com
Old 07-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

The fundraising for her sporting challenges is also done by just giving webpage online. The money goes directly to the charity not the person fundraising.

Here's the page for London to Brighton bike

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Pippa-Middleton1

She never claimed that money from Celebrate would be going to charity.

You know that old saying when you assume....

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

All the carrying on about the 'age gap'. It's less than 10 years. Big deal. The media just has to create drama. It's enough to say they were in other relationships along the way and the timing wasn't right.

LaRae
Old 07-24-2016, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
IS she making money for good causes? I assumed that she was making money for herself. I seem to recall Fergie claiming that the royalties from her books (when she was a young married) would go to charity but most of the money was kept for herself because she needed it.. And I assumed that Pippa is the same. Her family are well to do, but I would guess with her lifestyle she needs lot of dosh and she may give some to charity or do some appearances for charities, but her book advances etc are for herself.
There in lies your problem.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

Pippa Middleton Raises $275,000 for British Heart Foundation Charity : People.com
The dinner she attended did. The people who hosted, bought tickets, donated to the auction and buyers raised that amount.

Pippa did raise almost 1900 with her own auction prize and 32,000 with her bike race
Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

There is £17,729 on her just giving page for the London to Brighton bike ride.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The dinner she attended did. The people who hosted, bought tickets, donated to the auction and buyers raised that amount.

Pippa did raise almost 1900 with her own auction prize and 32,000 with her bike race
I didn't mean to imply that she, herself, raised 275,000 pounds although I see the description in the link does do that. The article itself says she helped raise it, by her involvement with the Foundation and the events she participated in. She made a speech at the event, and she sold that heart-shaped bag of hers to raise funds.

The article says: "In her role as ambassador for the charity, Pippa raised over $32,000 in the Race Across America bike challenge back in 2014, and she hit the saddle again last June for the London to Brighton Bike Ride." I think the US$32,000 plus 17,729 pounds from the London to Brighton Bike Ride Skippyboo has confirmed for us, adds up to serious money.

I think her contribution by way of competing in the fundraising events and speaking at the functions shows that she is serious about what she is doing. That Race Across America bike challenge was a 3,000 mile bike race! Yes, it was primarily to raise funds for the foundation set up in memory of James Matthews' brother who died in 1999, but the contribution to the British Heart Foundation was a significant one.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

i like pippa. yes, she is a socialite with a dubious job, if any at all, and yes, we see her more travelling the world than doing anything with herself, just like the rest of socialites out there, but at least she contributes back to society in a way or another. she and her family have hit jackpot being the in laws to the royals, and i am sure they are grateful for that and want to give back in some way or another. hopefully james will get involved with something too.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Both James Middleton and Matthews have done a lot of the physical fundraising sporting events with Pippa.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy

The fundraising section of the Michael Matthews Foundation website gives a good indication of James Matthews' athletic accomplishments for charity, which are longstanding. He has participated in the following:

Cancun Half Iron Man (2006)
Marathon des Sables, Morocco (2008)
Zurich Ironman (2010)
The Highland Cross (2010-2013)
London Marathon (2011-2013)
Engadin Skimarathon (2013)
North Pole Marathon (2012)
ÖTILLÖ (2015)
Bosphorus Cross Continental Swimming Race (2015)

ÖTILLÖ — Michael Matthews Foundation

Plus, of course, the Norwegian ski race that he did with Pippa earlier this year.

He's also one of the founding trustees of the foundation, according to the accounts at the charity commission.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:17 AM
Majesty

these two do indeed sound like the perfect match. :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Engaged Pippa Middleton takes her dog Rafa on a walk | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Must be a slow day in media land....

LaRae
Old 07-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be so tempted if I was Pippa to go out there tomorrow morning with some bunny slippers, pjs, house coat, face cream and curlers in hair just to watch the reaction from the press or hire a clown in costume to walk out the front door with the dog just to mess with them.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

And leave the ring at home....baahaaaa....laugh as the press chases it's tail.

LaRae

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton