Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm not sure about the dress, will have to wait till more pics come out.

LaRae

:previous: Pretty dress and she can loan it to Mette Marit for a do-over!

Muhler has ruined men in formal dress for me. I no longer can look at how good looking they are. I'm completely fixated on the pocket square, cuffs, trouser length. But James is quite the hoot in the video. Bless him (off topic, I know, but....)

James Middleton is rather fun. I wonder if that's Justin Johannesson, that he is jokingly holding hands with. Looks a bit like Justin but I'm not sure.

So James Middleton was there also. The bride looks lovely and the groom handsome. What more could we want? I like Pippa's dress and I like the bride's gown. Hopefully, these are the only photos we will see since the wedding was on an island. They wanted privacy and got it. Good for them.

Id have been surprised if James Middleton wasn't. He, Pippa, James Matthews and Jons have competed in races for the past few years. Since at least 2014. Jons and Pippa were usually paired, and the two James, but pretty close knit. Jons was in the big American bike race they did for the Matthews foundation.

The bride looks really lovely. Not a huge fan of Pippas but she still looks good. Honeymoon glow still. Nice end to an exciting honeymoon, attending a wedding.

IF the second horizontal band wasn't there I would like the dress...the one at the waist and bottom would of been okay.

LaRae

I'm not a great fan of Pippa's dress. It reminds me of some of the outfits that Mette Marit of Norway wears. However, Pippa and James (husband) look very happy together, and the other guests also are happy and cheerful. The bride looks lovely. I'm not surprised to see brother James as a guest either.

There's an updated article in Expressen, but no better pictures of Pippa.
Pippa Middleton stal showen på lyxbröllopet | Kungligt | Expressen

Lovely bride, and it looks like her attendants were in outfits of a lovely shade of blush pink. Love that. :flowers: Pippa's dress looks great imo, and even had some pink blush to it (at least it looked like that from the pictures). All in all, looked like Pippa and James are very happy. (I actually think Pippa has the better deal in life than Kate: proximity but not point-on center to royalty).

:previous: Blush :ermm: Am I missing a photo? Only photo there looks to be an attendant in is number 8/10 in the link. A woman up front with bouquet in hand. Dress looks blue to me.

Edit I notice when scroll down can see a bridesmaid on the steps of church but still looks blue.

But I agree, Pippa has better of it. Who needs a title. Her husband and her have the assets to enjoy as luxurious a life as Kate but have to answer to no one for it. They can attend Wimbledon, ascot and all the other fun stuff Kate does, without the scrutiny and duty of a royal. A weekend at the country estates, a luxurious home in London. I don't think Pippa at alll feels any envy.

Last edited:
Blush :ermm: Am I missing a photo? Only photo there looks to be an attendant in is number 8/10 in the link. A woman up front with bouquet in hand. Dress looks blue to me.

Edit I notice when scroll down can see a bridesmaid on the steps of church but still looks blue.

In one of the linked videos within the article, as the boat is pulling away, there are about 4 or 5 young women in pink blush gowns that are all identical. Look like bridal attendants to me. :flowers: I assume that's what they are, could be wrong.

But I agree, Pippa has better of it. Who needs a title. Her husband and her have the assets to enjoy as luxurious a life as Kate but have to answer to no one for it. They can attend Wimbledon, ascot and all the other fun stuff Kate does, without the scrutiny and duty of a royal. A weekend at the country estates, a luxurious home in London. I don't think Pippa at alll feels any envy.

Yep, you have summed it up. :flowers: A good life.

Same color. But the three ladies on boat see, to all have different style dresses. If you look at picture 8 in the gallery at the top, you will see a bridesmaid front row (bouquet). And there us also two visible in the picture if the couple coming from church, where bridal party is standing to either side. In both pics the dresses are blue. The girls on the boat must have just picked a similar color.

Contrary to what has been said earlier in this thread Villa Pauli isnt on an island but by the sea in very, very posh Djursholm north of Stockholm. Once a private mansion and then a convent its now a part of the Djursholm Country club.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Pauli

IF the second horizontal band wasn't there I would like the dress...the one at the waist and bottom would of been okay.

LaRae

Though the dress was a bit odd looking, but obviously disigner. Wonder who influences the choices?

Last edited:
Though the dress was a bit odd looking, but obviously disigner. Wonder who influences the choices?

The more I see of Pip's dress, the more I like it. She pulled it off rather well as I don't think a larger woman could. Needs a tiny waist and she certainly has that. Lovely for this time of year. I would think that the person wearing the outfit influences what they wear. There would be a dress code of sorts, but seeing others, Pippa followed nicely.

Philippa and James form an attractive couple and that wedding, Swedish-style in white tie, was veeeery stylish indeed.

Perfect for a Swedish pre-midsummer afternoon - around 20C but semi-cloudy (whatever thats called). Hopefully they where all inside later when a blizzard hit Stockholm. Also consistent with the Swedish definition of a white tie wedding starting in the afternoon - long dress, a "finer" dress material but not full blown ball gowns. That said from what Ive seen Pipps was one of the most modestly attired at the wedding. The two sisters are a bit alike in that departement arent they.

James and Pippa looked very nice at the wedding. It's a shame we can't get any better photos of Pippa, but at least we got to see her. I think her dress is very pretty and great for summer.

Surprisingly, I like Pippa's dress. It looks perfect for summer but made of fine enough material that she wouldn't overheat and with the sleeves, she wouldn't be wearing goose-bumps like many other.

I smiled in the video where the lady gently pushed James and Pippa to cross the road ahead of her and then nobody followed until they were across. Great photo op but either way they make a sweet couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom