Old 06-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pippa and James arrive in Darwin,Australia

Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Pippa will never live down that bridesmaid's dress!

I doubt she and James accepted any payments from Vivid or anyone else. If they turned down big bucks for wedding pictures, why would they?
Not like they need the money!

(I really like that blouse she is wearing; maybe she should be added in the fashion thread?)
I'm not understanding why the Aussies are so excited about the Duchess of Cambridge's sister visiting them on her honeymoon. I love Pippa but this is really strange.

I also doubt they are receiving any payments. Apparently, they turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello for wedding photos/interview so why would they agree to payment for this? I don't think Vivid could afford to pay more than Hello/People could. And, even if they are receiving something (payment, hotel) why should it be investigated? Zara does it all the time in her capacity as a showjumper.

I like her blouse also and I think Catherine has one like it. (In fact, Pippa could be wearing Kate's blouse. They've been known to share clothes.)

Old 06-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
I don't think they are stalking them. The pictures are up close and Pippa seems awfully smiley and wavey in a few of them. Someone pointed out on twitter that Pippa is wearing Kate Spade clothes and Aspinal bags in every one of the pictures. Its possible she was given these clothes by the designer to wear for free in exchange for her being photographed wearing them.
Even so, honeymoons to me should be photographer-free occasions since they are meant to be a private holiday between the couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I usually try to avoid replying to the comments about she's smiling and she likes the attention but I'm in a stupid mood! Catherine and her family have always given the impression of being polite, they know they are going to be photographed and they are on a hiding to nothing - if they smile 'they love the attention', if they ignore 'they're too stuck up'! I think they've always reacted appropriately but hey ho, I suppose the world would be better boring if we all had the same opinion
I totally agree with this.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I'm not understanding why the Aussies are so excited about the Duchess of Cambridge's sister visiting them on her honeymoon. I love Pippa but this is really strange.

I also doubt they are receiving any payments. Apparently, they turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello for wedding photos/interview so why would they agree to payment for this? I don't think Vivid could afford to pay more than Hello/People could. And, even if they are receiving something (payment, hotel) why should it be investigated? Zara does it all the time in her capacity as a showjumper.

I like her blouse also and I think Catherine has one like it. (In fact, Pippa could be wearing Kate's blouse. They've been known to share clothes.)

Most people here in Australia couldn't care less about Pippa and are not excited to see her here.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Most people here in Australia couldn't care less about Pippa and are not excited to see her here.

That's what people say, but there's hundreds of comments on any item about Pippa.

(If nobody was interested, she'd simply fade into obscurity. But someone is clicking those articles and commenting).
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's what people say, but there's hundreds of comments on any item about Pippa.

(If nobody was interested, she'd simply fade into obscurity. But someone is clicking those articles and commenting).

Yep a few hundred if that. Not thousands.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post

I think the Oz media is just having a bit of fun with Pippa and Jame's visit.

There was a lot of attention yesterday about her white top - now dubbed the "Seinfeld Puffy" shirt.

So much attention in fact, that Pippa got the political cartoon in today's Sydney paper.

The cartoonist has her modeling "The Seinfeld Collection" - the "Elaine", "George Costanza", "Kramer" and "Soup Nazi, (complete with cooking stains.)

One of the TV shows managed to get some footage of James on the balcony of their hotel while they were in Sydney and billed it as a "scoop".

But even the hosts couldn't keep a straight face about their "scoop" and it's true value as a media worthy bit of footage.

That's now spread across other media outlets, as we're all in on the joke.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I think the Oz media is just having a bit of fun with Pippa and Jame's visit.

There was a lot of attention yesterday about her white top - now dubbed the "Seinfeld Puffy" shirt.

So much attention in fact, that Pippa got the political cartoon in today's Sydney paper.

The cartoonist has her modeling "The Seinfeld Collection" - the "Elaine", "George Costanza", "Kramer" and "Soup Nazi, (complete with cooking stains.)

One of the TV shows managed to get some footage of James on the balcony of their hotel while they were in Sydney and billed it as a "scoop".

But even the hosts couldn't keep a straight face about their "scoop" and it's true value as a media worthy bit of footage.

That's now spread across other media outlets, as we're all in on the joke.
Joke or not, why even bother? Someone said "nobody cares" but if the media in Australia are running story after story, SOMEBODY must care? I'm puzzled, that's all. If Pippa and James had spent time in the US during their honeymoon, I assure you it would not make any of the papers, not even as a cartoon. They were photographed at LAX only because there are photographers at that airport 24/7 because of all the celebs who come through. The photographer took a couple of photos of Pippa and James and sold those photos to the Daily Mail. There were no stories on the evening news in the US about them. I don't watch those entertainment shows so I don't know if they had anything.

Oh well, I am enjoying the photos from Australia and they are harmless, I suppose. At least the honeymoon at the resort was totally private.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Video, and many, many photos of Pippa and James' jog around Circular Quay on their first morning in Sydney.

Pippa Middleton and James Matthews jog on Sydney honeymoon | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Check out the youtube I posted a few pages back Lady Nimue.

I don't think Pippa was needed to promote it.

It's already bigger than Mardi Gras and the New Year's fireworks.

Has been going for quite a few years and draws international visitors already.

Promoted as the biggest light show in the world.
Thanks for sharing; I highly enjoyed watching Vivid!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that this is all a bit of light, very light entertainment, taking the mickey in a very Aussie way.. However, with regard to coverage you have to remember that Australia is a Commonwealth country. We get tours by the royals, front covers of magazines on them, BBC docos etc so I'd guess that per capita more people know who Pippa is than say people in the US do.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It's the foreign papers which are obsessively following them

Australia it's local news from what I have seen. It's pretty common, when someone of some minor celebrity comes to town, they make the news. At least on a slow news day. Not surprising Darwin or Sydney local news covers it. The NT simply seems to share our sense of humor. They are poking fun almost as much at the foreign press as the couple. No different then the political cartoons we see. The reporters were making a joke about the daily fail and other foreign press who would have us believe the couple are bring met by throngs of reporters and excited crowds. Who hasn't wanted to make the daily fail look like idiots before? Not hard to do.

Smaller the town the more likely you make the paper. We made the little news sheet on one of the islands we volunteered on. We're not impressed when they sent out a photographer to shoot us in neon vests. But we smiled for it. Slow news day and we were news.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A few off-topic posts have been removed - let's get back on topic, Pippa and James, not the positives and negatives of the Australian / foreign media. If you wish to continue that tit-for-tat, please do so via PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems to me that the US website The Drudge Report and the German magazine Bilde didn't do too badly in breaking the news world-wide of Harry's first stint in Afghanistan.

The Aussie media is irreverent. That's just the nature of it. However, here is the Sydney Morning Herald's take on Pippa's visit and also on republicanism and a certain Republican President. 'We'll take Pippa's in-laws for now, thanks' it says.

A republic with a president? We'll take Pippa's in-laws just now, thanks
Old 06-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Video, and many, many photos of Pippa and James' jog around Circular Quay on their first morning in Sydney.

Pippa Middleton and James Matthews jog on Sydney honeymoon | Daily Mail Online
If they get attacked she can do some serious damage with that ring!

LaRae
Old 06-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

It's a big ring indeed. And I don't understand people who can exercise with jewelry on, it drives me crazy.

They would suit the healthy, active lifestyle of Sydney now I think about it.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Or the west coast of the U.S. I could also see them very at home in Colorado.

I always wear my ring but uh...it's WAY smaller than hers! lol

LaRae
Old 06-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Do Pippa and James have the PR rep that Pippa hired before her wedding with them in Australia?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 -

That's what I have read can't remember where I read it.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
That's what I have read can't remember where I read it.
I read that too - but I think it was a sarcastic remark regarding how much coverage she had once she got to Australia