Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2017, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well they are now said to be on a flight to Darwin if @Peter Ford is right

Old 05-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Why there is a special board for Pippa and her husband, she doen't belong to the eoyal family, she is only the sister of the future queen but we don't see a speciel board for the relativrs of other queens or prince consort
I was thinking the exact thing. Neither of them are royal or part of the nobility. If anything put this in the celebrity forum....never mind I see she is in the DoCs family thread, that is where she belongs. Having a thread for her wedding in the noble marriages thread made me roll my eyes.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-31-2017, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I was thinking the exact thing. Neither of them are royal or part of the nobility. If anything put this in the celebrity forum....never mind I see she is in the DoCs family thread, that is where she belongs. Having a thread for her wedding in the noble marriages thread made me roll my eyes.
Tom Parker-Bowles and Sara Buys wedding thread is also in the Noble marriages forum. Does that make your eyes roll, too? Or is this a Middleton specific annoyance?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Photos of them leaving Sydney -

Pippa Middleton leave Sydney airport honeymoon espadrilles | Daily Mail Online

(Flying to Darwin as you said royal rob.)
Old 05-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Why there is a special board for Pippa and her husband, she doen't belong to the eoyal family, she is only the sister of the future queen but we don't see a speciel board for the relativrs of other queens or prince consort
Well, we have thread for the weather, for what irks us and for speculation about Megan Markle. We thread about gems, children, lookalikes and genealogy. We thread about future and past monarchies. About friends and employees of monarchs. We thread about buildings and causes. We also thread about holidays and festivals. We thread for help, prayers, understanding when we take breaks. So the Matthews also get a thread.

You were post 65, I will be post 67 on this thread. It's not as if there is no interest.

BTW and speaking from experience, when I created thread and no one showed up, the Mods killed the thread off. Interest counts.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You were post 65, I will be post 67 on this thread. It's not as if there is no interest.

BTW and speaking from experience, when I created thread and no one showed up, the Mods killed the thread off. Interest counts.

Perfectly true; it's all about the interest!

When commenters complain about the Pippa articles, they never seem to notice that the articles are clickbait! That is the reason they are so ubiquitous, because people feel compelled to click on them and comment.

I'd rather read about Pippa than some obscure person who is 99th in the line of succession, but that's just me.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Majesty

Then stay out if the Norway thread. The Norweigans take up the last 20 or so spots in the top 100. One of Princess Astrids grandchildren was 99 in 2011 but they would have all dropper further. That close to the throne, no ones that obscure.

The difference between an 'obscure' heir and Pippa, is they are an heir. This is a royal board. Aristocracy goes hand in hand.

Comparing her to the Bernadotte thread is wrong. The Bernadottes are royals by blood. Not in laws. No comparison. Camillas children would be a fairer comparison though one could argue stepkids are a closer link then inlaws. Laura and her husband, like the Spencer's, belong in their own right. They all belong in the aristocracy thread. Laura's husband is noble on both sides.

But who cares. We have a celebrity thread. Arguably she belongs there. As she is popular for being popular, not royal. But either way there is interest.

No one likes every thread. If you don't like Pippa, or don't want to read about her, ignore her thread. I highly doubt everyone likes every thread. Move on.

Back to Pippa

I highly doubt she accepted money to go there. But even if she did, why would it be needed investigation

She is a private citizen. Celebrities are paid to attend events all the time. Good promotion for them and event. Pippa owes no explanation of what she does. Not like she is being accused of taking bribes to sway the queen on something.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Perfectly true; it's all about the interest!

When commenters complain about the Pippa articles, they never seem to notice that the articles are clickbait! That is the reason they are so ubiquitous, because people feel compelled to click on them and comment.

I'd rather read about Pippa than some obscure person who is 99th in the line of succession, but that's just me.
It's not just you. I'm only interested in those in line from the top through the Kent branch. Past that I would rather read about the non-royal relatives of Camilla, Diana, and Catherine.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I highly doubt she accepted money to go there. But even if she did, why would it be needed investigation

She is a private citizen. Celebrities are paid to attend events all the time. Good promotion for them and event. Pippa owes no explanation of what she does. Not like she is being accused of taking bribes to sway the queen on something.
I agree. I am puzzled why the government should be involved to 'investigate'. That would cost money. Why spend money on a private citizen? Could look like harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Thank you, royal rob. Why would there be questions of government as you suggested if this were true?

Quote:
The sunrise tv show have a good video about if it's paid or not but I can't copy it. Vivid haven't denied it. Anyway I'm sure they are having a good time. A $1800 a night hotel suite would be rather nice.
I'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Check out the youtube I posted a few pages back Lady Nimue.
Understood. Thank you, Sun Lion.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it was part of a promotional visit but they are private citizens and can set up a promotional visit if they want. The Tindalls go to Australia yearly as part of an endorsement deal for the Magic Millions race.

The Australian government paid 3 million for Oprah and her audience to come.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does Pippa have a regular job ? I know she wrote the book about giving a party and a couple of articles in a magazine. I have never heard about a regular 9-5 type job
Old 06-01-2017, 02:09 AM
Serene Highness

She writes a monthly column for Waitrose Weekend. She writes sporadic articles for Vanity Fair, The Spectator, etc. I don't know if she'll continue with this post-marriage. She might focus on having a child(ren), and I think she'll be strongly involved in the Michael Matthews Foundation.

I do feel confident that she will continue with her charity commitments. She’s an ambassador to a few charities, The British Heart Foundation, The Mary Hare School for the deaf, and Disability Snowsport UK.

She’s probably continue training for her various sport endurance challenges every year.

Only Pippa and her husband likely know what her longterm goals are.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 AM
Serene Highness

After arriving in Darwin a couple of hours ago, Pippa and James have now taken off on a chartered plane.

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...tional%20A.jpg

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...rom%20Darw.jpg

Some other passengers of the charter company not impressed about being locked outside of the waiting lounge in the sun, with their groceries.

And some TV coverage showing the Aussie fun this is getting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsAu...633088/video/1
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
After arriving in Darwin a couple of hours ago, Pippa and James have now taken off on a chartered plane.

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...tional%20A.jpg

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...rom%20Darw.jpg

Some other passengers of the charter company not impressed about being locked outside of the waiting lounge in the sun, with their groceries.

And some TV coverage showing the Aussie fun this is getting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsAu...633088/video/1
I officially love the Aussie news
Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 AM
Serene Highness

A video of their arrival -

https://mobile.twitter.com/JudithAis...801024/video/1

And Countessmeout, a special afternoon edition of the local paper, the "NT News", has been put out -

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNTNews...923328/photo/1
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I officially love the Aussie news

Typical NT humor
Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 AM
Majesty

Thanks for making me laugh so hard I snorted pop out my nose

Sadly never made it to NT. Just Victoria, NSW and Queensland. I was volunteering with CVA Melbourne. We spent month planting trees in the islands south of Melbourne, mainly Philip and French, weekends in the city. Then flew to Sydney, sadly missed Canberra, and took two weeks drive up coast ending in Cairns.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for making me laugh so hard I snorted pop out my nose

Sadly never made it to NT. Just Victoria, NSW and Queenstown. Was volunteering with CVA Melbourne. We spent month planting trees in the islands south of Melbourne, mainly Philip and French, weekends in the city. Then flew to Sydney, sadly missed Canberra, and took two weeks drive up coast ending in Cairns.

"NT News" newspaper front pages are worth checking out on Google Images, if you ever want some Aussie humour Countessmeout.

Hope Pippa gets a copy and has it framed.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gotta love the NT News telling it like it is
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Gotta love the NT News telling it like it is

Pippa will never live down that bridesmaid's dress!

I doubt she and James accepted any payments from Vivid or anyone else. If they turned down big bucks for wedding pictures, why would they?
Not like they need the money!

(I really like that blouse she is wearing; maybe she should be added in the fashion thread?)