The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 11-10-2017, 01:25 AM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The only people with the right to complain are her neighbors. And if the DM is to be believed, they are complaining. Nothing new there, neighbors never like noise or disruption. And if you paid millions for a house and have an orangery in your back yard whose sun will be blocked by the new extension, you may complain as well.



As for the public, unless you live next door and your life is disrupted, none of your business.


You’re right. Maybe! But, it’s also important to note, that the work is being done on someone (Pippa and James) else’s hectare and not your own. They can mumble all they want, but at the end of the day, they may as well get used to it. It’s not on their property, and if it was the tables would be turned. Just saying!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 11-10-2017, 01:34 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
You’re right. Maybe! But, it’s also important to note, that the work is being done on someone (Pippa and James) else’s hectare and not your own. They can mumble all they want, but at the end of the day, they may as well get used to it. It’s not on their property, and if it was the tables would be turned. Just saying!
Actually if it disrupts your property you can complain. You do realize, at least in most cities, you cant simply do whatever you want on your own property? If it causes issues to other residences, or even if it is considered to be enough of an eye sore that it will bring down value. Why do you think you have to apply to planning commissions for major building projects in most cities????

It's not a matter of 'it's my land I can do what I want and no one matters but me.' Unless you are out in the middle of no where and no neighbors to bother. Obviously the planning commission didn't feel that this bathroom extension would cause any real disturbance to neighbors, or value.

The simple point being the DM isn't complaining about Pippa and how she spends her money. They are simply airing neighbors complaints.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:54 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Actually if it disrupts your property you can complain. You do realize, at least in most cities, you cant simply do whatever you want on your own property? If it causes issues to other residences, or even if it is considered to be enough of an eye sore that it will bring down value. Why do you think you have to apply to planning commissions for major building projects in most cities????

It's not a matter of 'it's my land I can do what I want and no one matters but me.' Unless you are out in the middle of no where and no neighbors to bother. Obviously the planning commission didn't feel that this bathroom extension would cause any real disturbance to neighbors, or value.

The simple point being the DM isn't complaining about Pippa and how she spends her money. They are simply airing neighbors complaints.
We have a strict planning regime in this country. Any material alterations would have been through a Planning process and be approved by the council. The council would have sought the views of the neighbours before concluding on whether to approve the application or not.

By the sounds of it, you just have a disgruntled neighbour who has had her chance to complain to the council and has been overruled. Tough, Miss Neighbour, get on with the rest of your life!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 11-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: St. Charles, United States
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
We have a strict planning regime in this country. Any material alterations would have been through a Planning process and be approved by the council. The council would have sought the views of the neighbours before concluding on whether to approve the application or not.

By tge sounds of it, you just have a disgruntled neighbour who has had her chance to complain to the council and has been overruled. Tough, Miss Neighbour, get on with the rest of your life!
That's what it sounds like to me . . . one or two neighbors who are unhappy that the Planning Commission didn't listen to them and overruled their complaint. I don't really see why the Daily Fail feels the need to make this into a story. The Matthews' are doing nothing wrong here.

In the U.S., you can do whatever you want on your property, no matter where it is located, as long as what you are doing doesn't disrupt the power or sewer lines and that the inspectors say the wiring and plumbing are up to code. The only exceptions would be if you live in one of those "gated communities" (or a condo or something like that) where you have to answer to a Board made up of other residents.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 11-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Sunnystar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
That's what it sounds like to me . . . one or two neighbors who are unhappy that the Planning Commission didn't listen to them and overruled their complaint. I don't really see why the Daily Fail feels the need to make this into a story. The Matthews' are doing nothing wrong here.

In the U.S., you can do whatever you want on your property, no matter where it is located, as long as what you are doing doesn't disrupt the power or sewer lines and that the inspectors say the wiring and plumbing are up to code. The only exceptions would be if you live in one of those "gated communities" (or a condo or something like that) where you have to answer to a Board made up of other residents.
Actually, that isn't entirely true. If you have a building that is listed on the national historic register or are in an historic district there are limitations and regulations you must follow here in the US. And sometimes what you can or cannot do on the exterior impacts what you can do with the interior because windows and door placements as well as roof pitch and building height are determined by the historical accuracy.

And there are some cities that have building height regulations - Washington, DC most famous of those. I'm not sure you have ever noticed but D.C. proper doesn't have high rises so that the monuments and main government buildings are the main focal points of the city. That is very much by design and law.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 11-10-2017, 12:05 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 4,078
Let's get back on-topic, please.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 11-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,492
In all areas of the USA I have owned homes, building permits were required for any outside and inside improvements. For something small like a bathroom addition, all neighbors with a radius of 1000 feet must sign off on this small addition if addition is slightly over set-back requirements. If a neighbor later realizes they are getting more shade than they thought, tough. Get over it. You cannot rescind your approval once started. I am sure that a City the size and population of London has very strict laws to follow. You have to be kidding that Pippa and James haven't followed the law to the letter knowing how many jealous idiots are out there ready to scream about them.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 11-10-2017, 02:10 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
In all areas of the USA I have owned homes, building permits were required for any outside and inside improvements. For something small like a bathroom addition, all neighbors with a radius of 1000 feet must sign off on this small addition if addition is slightly over set-back requirements. If a neighbor later realizes they are getting more shade than they thought, tough. Get over it. You cannot rescind your approval once started. I am sure that a City the size and population of London has very strict laws to follow. You have to be kidding that Pippa and James haven't followed the law to the letter knowing how many jealous idiots are out there ready to scream about them.
I am in Los Angeles and this has been my experience as well - i have have done major remodeling and small jobs (i.e. bathrooms). they all require permits and sign off. I have also had to to deal with the coastal commission in southern california for energy efficiency. Neighbors are notified and may contest, but once it is signed off - it is legal.

They followed the rules, and had a disgrunteld neighbor - life happens - move on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,477
Pippa at the exclusive South Kensington Club in Chelsea with a friend

Pippa Middleton goes makeup-free in Chelsea | Daily Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:13 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,477
Pippa Middleton, has dissolved PXM Enterprises

Pippa Middleton dissolves firm managing her 'publishing' | Daily Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 11-27-2017, 01:37 AM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,205
So is it true? Is Pippa pregnant?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 11-27-2017, 01:51 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
So is it true? Is Pippa pregnant?
She is a private citizen, no public announcement. Until we see her with a baby bump or a baby shower for her being leaked, we wont really know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 11-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She is a private citizen, no public announcement. Until we see her with a baby bump or a baby shower for her being leaked, we wont really know.


I would like that to be true. But wasn’t there announcement about her wedding. The whole wedding was a carry on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 11-27-2017, 02:11 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I would like that to be true. But wasn’t there announcement about her wedding. The whole wedding was a carry on.
The couple didn't make an announcement. KP made an announcement that the Cambridges would be attending the wedding.

Unless the Cambridges plan to attend the delivery or something, I don't see KP announcing it as they did the wedding
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 11-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,414
Pippa attended an event for Disability Snowsport Uk, a charity she patrons. There's a couple pictures in the article https://www.inthesnow.com/ski2paraly...al-initiative/

For all those that are on pregnancy watch, she looks her normal self.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,912
Will Pippa and James attend Harry and Meghan's wedding? Are they befriended?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 11-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,865
I'm sure they will be invited. Pippa is friends with Harry and I'm sure will be with Meghan.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Will Pippa and James attend Harry and Meghan's wedding? Are they befriended?
I would presume they'll be there. Harry attended their wedding, and Meghan went with him to the separate night party. It would look weird to not reciprocate 1 year(or less) later. Especially as H&M will likely marry in a much bigger venue than the Matthews' did.

As for befriended, I think it's a bit generous to call them friends. But they certainly seem like happy acquaintances.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,367
It will be interesting to see how much of the Middleton clan gets invited. I expect Piippa at the very least, and likely James and Carole and Michael, too. Just because everyone is friendly and are forging lifetime relationships. Just my hunch.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,865
Well they will be able to fit quite a few folks into St George's.


LaRae
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 458 09-10-2017 04:10 AM
Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017 Sephora The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 2904 05-20-2017 03:59 AM




Popular Tags
antony armstrong-jones birthday books carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess elisabeth crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria daytime fashion current events denmark duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh earl of snowdon family general news grand duke jean guillaume hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news noice official visit prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria prince william pyrmont queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia queen sofia shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family tiara uae wildlife victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises