The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Why don't they just leave her be? The Fail must be desperate to feel their rag with words because all they do is write one or two original lines and then repeat paragraph after paragraph about the wedding and honeymoon. Leave the woman alone until there is some real news about her to print.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

I think they're stalking her more right now because they're looking for signs of pregnancy. "Reckless Pippa bicycles whiles pregnant!"etc.

Makes me glad I don't click on their site.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Administrator

The will continue to write about Pippa at least for the next 10 years or so.

It might lessen a bit when the Cambridge children (and Harry's as well) become young adults but right now, she is click bait. The Daily Mail knows that is readers will click on the article and shoot their venom at Pippa (she isn't anything special, why is she famous, how comes she doesn't work, what Miss Whirley said, etc.). Clicks mean more people are reading their nasty articles and they can generate tons of ad revenue.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

It might lessen a bit when the Cambridge children (and Harry's as well) become young adults but right now, she is click bait. The Daily Mail knows that is readers will click on the article and shoot their venom at Pippa (she isn't anything special, why is she famous, how comes she doesn't work, what Miss Whirley said, etc.). Clicks mean more people are reading their nasty articles and they can generate tons of ad revenue.

Exactly! People question why such innocuous articles are even published; it's because each gets hundreds of comments!

Until the readers start ignoring the articles, they will continue.
It's all about the $$$$$$!
Old 09-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Pippa will remain getting attention from the press until her own possible future children are old enough to make interesting headlines about (Duchess of Cambridge/The Queen's niece/nephew spotted smoking a suspicious looking cigarette shock horror etc etc), but attention will intensify if she does become a mother. Daily Fail among others are obsessed with pregnant women. ''Pippa Matthews looking slim JUST 2 WEEKS after giving birth'' are headlines probably already in the making.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think Dianas siblings were lucky that social media didn't exist when Diana was alive. The paps were no where near as bad as the attention now a days. Technology makes it more intrusive then ever. Pippa, and James if he ever marries, their kids will be the cousins of the future king. There will always be attention and speculation when they are old enough to be. We see some even now with Dianas nieces but not to the same extent. Really only her brothers kids likely because of his own reputation keeping him in spotlight.

Pippa unfortunately will face the most speculation about her body. Ever since the wedding she will forever be associated with her butt and other assets. And pregnancy will not end that only heighten in.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

The Matthews family hotel, Eden Rock, has been severely damaged by Irma.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3629501.html

Must be especially hard for his parents since they live on the island.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its sad to hear something like that. I don't think there's anything on any of the Caribbean islands that hasn't been affected by Irma. Richard Branson rode out Irma in his concrete wine cellar and he said that Necker island is a total mess. Some islands are 95% inhabitable. This is a going to be a huge time for insurance companies I bet. No telling what it will do to Florida once it hits here in the US. At least its a Cat 4 now (winds are 2 mph under a Cat 5).
Old 09-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

And Jose's on it's way as well. They'll just be barely starting the clean up to be nailed again.

I hope James' Parents are all right. The pictures & video out of the affected areas are beyond horrific. I was watching CNN last night & they were Skype-ing w/a reporter in Nassau in the Bahamas. They were checking in w/him every 15 to 20 mins & every single time, the wind had increased in strength. I hope he's okay.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted and edited a number of posts because of personal insults. These type of posts are not only against forum rules, but they're disruptive to the other members who are trying to stay on topic and carry on a meaningful discussion. As I've said before, you can disagree with another member without descending into personal attacks. If there is a post that violates one of the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Majesty

This time shopping trip for Pippa in London

Pippa Middleton unveils new shorter hairdo | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wish the paps would stop following Pippa on these everyday outings.

She has changed since the wedding though. Kinda like the light went out somewhere.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

I wish the paps would stop following Pippa on these everyday outings.

She has changed since the wedding though. Kinda like the light went out somewhere.
". . . the light went out"?? When she smiled at the paps she got criticized for looking like she loved the spotlight; now, she's just going about her every day business, not smiling like an idiot and you think a light has gone out. The woman can't win on any front with people like you around.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
". . . the light went out"?? When she smiled at the paps she got criticized for looking like she loved the spotlight; now, she's just going about her every day business, not smiling like an idiot and you think a light has gone out. The woman can't win on any front with people like you around.
No, I'm talking about that I'm used to seeing that special sparkling Pippa. Not talking about anyone loving the spotlight.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No, I'm talking about that I'm used to seeing that special sparkling Pippa. Not talking about anyone loving the spotlight.
Admittedly, I don't click on The Mail so I don't know what these new photos look like but what is a "special sparkling Pippa"? She always looks the same too me, whether it was before or after her sister's wedding or after her own wedding in May.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

In these pictures, she's being photographed from a distance while dealing with a flat tire on her bike.

I think she just looks like a normal human going about her daily life dealing with a small annoyance. God knows I don't "sparkle" while dealing with a hassle like a puncture in my tires.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I find it very annoying she's followed on her everyday errands.

I'm just used to see Pippa out and about at events having a good time. I haven't seen that in a while, that's all. I hope she enjoyed her summer.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I find it very annoying she's followed on her everyday errands.
Your complaint would have a lot more merit, if you didn't click on the articles that had those pictures. But you do...

The way I see it those that click are just as guilty/unethical as the paparazzi themselves.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Your complaint would have a lot more merit, if you didn't click on the articles that had those pictures. But you do...

The way I see it those that click are just as guilty/unethical as the paparazzi themselves.
I'm sorry, Did I post the article with the pics? No! Same people who complain about those who looked at the pics, are guilty of looking at the pics too. So let's calm down.

Just pointing out on how senseless it is following the child riding a bike.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm sorry, Did I post the article with the pics? No! Same people who complain about those who looked at the pics, are guilty of looking at the pics too. So let's calm down.

Just pointing out on how senseless it is following the child riding a bike.
Um, I know you clicked because you claimed she wasn't sparkling in the pictures.

And no I'm not guilty of the same. I haven't seen the pictures. The last Pippa pictures I clicked on were of her at Wimbledon, aka an outing where she knew she would be photographed.

I just think it's senseless to blame the sleazy media when you're one of people who's making it profitable for them. There's a disconnect there.