Heir Apparent

I really like the dress too!

LaRae

Old 08-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I love the dress. And the dog!
Apparently, according to the article, fellow shoppers were not thrilled w/ the dog(s) licking their toes. Is it allowed to take non service dogs into shops in London? I'm personally not a fan of dogs approaching me in places like shops, if I wanted to interact with dogs then I'd go to a dog park.
Regarding speculating about Pippa's future children, my son & his gf plan to not have children and seem confident in that choice and thus aren't upset if some one asks, so I fail to see why the subject would be inappropriate in discussions about the couple. I do dislike tabloid speculation based on a woman's weight or clothing choices along the is she/isn't she pregnant vein as that seems dehumanizing in a way, but I see that as an entirely different thing than wondering whether a couple plan to have children and if yes, when.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton closes company managing her 'publishing' | Daily Mail Online

Pippa closes her company
Old 09-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Apparently, according to the article, fellow shoppers were not thrilled w/ the dog(s) licking their toes. Is it allowed to take non service dogs into shops in London? I'm personally not a fan of dogs approaching me in places like shops, if I wanted to interact with dogs then I'd go to a dog park.
Regarding speculating about Pippa's future children, my son & his gf plan to not have children and seem confident in that choice and thus aren't upset if some one asks, so I fail to see why the subject would be inappropriate in discussions about the couple. I do dislike tabloid speculation based on a woman's weight or clothing choices along the is she/isn't she pregnant vein as that seems dehumanizing in a way, but I see that as an entirely different thing than wondering whether a couple plan to have children and if yes, when.

Your son and his girlfriend may very well be comfortable with it but many people aren't. I have friends who are constantly asked when they plan to have children and several of them are struggling with fertility problems and miscarriages- but don't want to disclose that over small talk with random people.

When you ask someone about their plans for children, you're asking them about so many things. Their values and goals, the state of their relationship, their finances, their sex life and their health. All things we would normally understand to be quite rude as a casual inquiry.

It's very hurtful to a lot of people when assumptions about children happen, so it's worth remembering when speculating about a celebrity that some topics that our culture treats as fine to speculate about are actually quite harmful.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I must have been living under a rock or something; because I didn't even realise that Pippa had her own company. It's a pity that it was short-lived but I guess she wants to focus more on her publishing.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it didn't make any money or very little because she didn't sell much
A bit like James marshmallows and I think there was cup cakes before that. Any way I'm off topic
Old 09-02-2017, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I must have been living under a rock or something; because I didn't even realise that Pippa had her own company. It's a pity that it was short-lived but I guess she wants to focus more on her publishing.
Different rocks but same as! What is she publishing now?
Old 09-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

My guess is that this company was never meant to do anything more than manage money received from her commercial interests. A legal/tax thing, not something that was ever a big deal.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
UK has no laws about animals in businesses, even restaurants. Just regulations about contamination if food involved. It's up to individual business.

In Canada we have started introducing cat cafes. They actually have cats at the cafe for you to spend time with.

Lovely dress but wondering if either picture is from another day or editor is an idiot as usual. Claims she had both dogs in the store yet she only has Rafe.

As for her business not sure why she needed a company to handle the money she made from basically her waitrose articles. Since her bloom flopped that was about it. No surprise few realized it existed.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Different rocks but same as! What is she publishing now?
The article mentions that Pippa is focusing more on her publishing with her Party Pieces book Celebrate and her columns in the Waitrose magazine.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The article mentions that Pippa is focusing more on her publishing with her Party Pieces book Celebrate and her columns in the Waitrose magazine.

In other words nothing. Good for her a wealthy husband means she can do whatever she wants. She's got a good life ahead of her.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Are we reading the same article

The article says the company she closed was focussed on her book and her articles. Not that pippa herself is focussing on them.

Not sure how her book would need focus now. It was such a flop I doubt there is a call for a second.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Are we reading the same article

The article says the company she closed was focussed on her book and her articles. Not that pippa herself is focussing on them.

Not sure how her book would need focus now. It was such a flop I doubt there is a call for a second.

Countessmeout, this was just a simple response to a poster who has asked me a question. Nothing to make a big deal over. I responded to her by reading the Daily Fail article that had been posted above which stated exactly what I had written. Now, in my defence, I had written the post late at night so naturally I might have skim read.
I don't normally respond to such posts of yours but I felt like I had to clear this mountain out of a molehill up.

Before you accuse me of being rude like you have done before, I'm not talking about all of your post. I'm referring to when you wrote "are we reading the same article" with the usage of that smiley This was quite uncalled for in my view. A simple correction would've been much better and I wouldn't have had anything against that.

Now that I've defended myself I'm going to

Old 09-04-2017, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
That book got trashed unfairly, imo.
It was aimed at beginners, and it had some very cute ideas for parties, etc.

However, you're right about no calls for any sequels.
I doubt Pippa cares. She is free to do whatever she likes.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That book got trashed unfairly, imo.
It was aimed at beginners, and it had some very cute ideas for parties, etc.

However, you're right about no calls for any sequels.
I doubt Pippa cares. She is free to do whatever she likes.
Well, she did have a sequel of sorts. Last year she released a heart healthy recipe book in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation.

The Food Network gave it a favorable review Food Network Staffer Diary: I Cooked Like Pippa Middleton for 3 Days | FN Dish – Food Network Blog
Old 09-05-2017, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it possible that Pippa, when she gets pregnant, will have HG, like Kate?
Is it genetically inclinated?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Is it possible that Pippa, when she gets pregnant, will have HG, like Kate?
Is it genetically inclinated?
Yes, there is a genetic component. So Pippa would have greater odds of having it than a random Jane Doe. Still, it only affects about 1% of pregnant women so Pippa shouldn't fret too much unless it becomes a reality for her.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know if Carole suffered from HG with any of her pregnancies? Is it only passed matrilinially?

Also, for what it’s worth, I think Pippa will be announcing a pregnancy very soon. She’s been kind of out of sight and quiet, and she and Catherine are so tight that I know they would love to go through pregnancy together. More cousins for the Little Cambridges!!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Also, for what it’s worth, I think Pippa will be announcing a pregnancy very soon. She’s been kind of out of sight and quiet, and she and Catherine are so tight that I know they would love to go through pregnancy together. More cousins for the Little Cambridges!!

I think so too.
There's been lots of rumors that the sisters wanted to experience pregnancy at the same time.

However, I don't know that Pippa will announce it.
She is a private citizen, so why should she feel compelled to tell the public anything about her plans?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Pippa take a bike ride today at her birthday

Pippa Middleton spotted on her 34th birthday in London | Daily Mail Online