The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Leslie Mae, I agree. Fake news made up by malicious self-centered wicked injurious individuals have been around for years. It is just recently that the public is getting wise and talking out about this crap. KARMA is just around the corner. There is enough REAL problems in the world today that should be concentrated on and not nasty evils made up to embarrass individuals that have done nothin wrong, except to the jealous.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Courtier

What the writer of the 'minders' article fails to note is that thanks to the irresponsible, biased and over the top trash which has been written about Pippa through the years she is subjected to unwanted attention from strangers. Her close friends, such as Camilla, are aware of this and have developed coping strategies to help shield her from unwanted intrusions. I'd do the same for a friend of mine. Perhaps the writer of the article is too nasty to have close friends and thus doesn't recognize the behavior.
Pippa and James pay someone to walk the dogs, so what. I bet they pay someone to clean the house too. People a lot lower on the financial totem pole pay for these services & aren't accused of living beyond their means or of getting above their 'station' in life.
The article was clearly playing to the upstart Middleton meme.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
What the writer of the 'minders' article fails to note is that thanks to the irresponsible, biased and over the top trash which has been written about Pippa through the years she is subjected to unwanted attention from strangers. Her close friends, such as Camilla, are aware of this and have developed coping strategies to help shield her from unwanted intrusions. I'd do the same for a friend of mine. Perhaps the writer of the article is too nasty to have close friends and thus doesn't recognize the behavior.
I agree with your entire post but especially the above. At some point one's sanity must be protected.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Pippa and James pay someone to walk the dogs, so what. I bet they pay someone to clean the house too. People a lot lower on the financial totem pole pay for these services & aren't accused of living beyond their means or of getting above their 'station' in life.
The article was clearly playing to the upstart Middleton meme.
You have said what I was trying to put into words. Pippa has good friends who are trying to protect her. It takes someone who has good friends to recognize this and the writer clearly does not understand.

Also, having a dog minder isn't just for the rich. This Middleton hate is just so awful but I have to say, the Middletons (all of them) have shown amazing grace and class in the face of some awful things said about them over the years. I admire them.:flowers
Old 07-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I sincerely believe that those that are being chopped to pieces in what we used to call "the media" quickly learn that these articles that strive to demean them, put "labels" on them and generally feed a load of crap to the public because it sells, realize that in life, there are annoyances such as mosquitoes and that "the media" is quickly reducing itself to the level of the cursed mosquito.

I put "the media" in quotation marks because as time passes, I've become more and more cynical about what is presented to the public. We live in an age of "fake news" and talking heads that make multi million dollar paychecks to spout this stuff to what they believe is a pretty empty headed society of people who will blindly believe what they spout simply because they're on their TVs or on their internet feeds. The world is quickly becoming a society of sheeple. That's baaaaaaaaad in my eyes.

No wonder I'm turning more and more to books these days and bypassing social media and TV news channels and publications that seems like their only purpose to bring someone or something down. Praise is a rare commodity and good news stories are even rarer.

People like the royals and the Middletons and high profile people have better things to do with their lives than take in what is being said out there about them. They know what "the media" is and their aims and agendas and don't pay it any mind.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
This Middleton hate is just so awful but I have to say, the Middletons (all of them) have shown amazing grace and class in the face of some awful things said about them over the years. I admire them.:flowers

So do I.

The Middletons have shown great forbearance, considering the venom directed at them (especially Carole) by the tabs.

Instead, they go quietly about their business, living well and paying their way and never scrounging for money and/or perks.

Who was it who said that living well is the best revenge??
Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton and husband James Matthews were guests at a friends wedding at the Eccles Hotel, Glengarriff ,West Cork.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...ight-1.3141852
Old 07-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa Middleton wears emerald green for Irish wedding | Daily Mail Online
Well, it is the Emerald Isle! Pippa Middleton channels her inner Irish colleen in a green dress for her best friend's wedding in County Cork
Old 07-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the style of the dress and the color but not the flower thing...and definately not her hat.

LaRae
Old 07-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I like the style of the dress and the color but not the flower thing...and definately not her hat.

LaRae

The hat and dress don't seem to go together.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Pippa Middleton and brother James attend Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Pippa with her brother james to Wimbledon today

.....i don't like her lace dress
Old 07-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

ugh, that is one ugly dress!! toilet roll holder meets lampshade.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Pippa's new Girl Friday, according to the Daily Fail.

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Pippa Matthews brings in her minder | Daily Mail Online
Why does Pippa Matthews need a GF/minder? Sorry, but I believe this is another Daily Fail fantasy story.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Ok that is just terrible....

LaRae
Old 07-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Pippa Middleton and brother James attend Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Pippa with her brother james to Wimbledon today

.....i don't like her lace dress

Neither do I.

And I wish James would get rid of that scruffy beard, he looks much better without it.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Horrid dress.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Horrid dress.
I'm going to be contrary today . . . I think Pippa's dress is very pretty. I like the color and it looks cool and fresh in the 85 degree weather at Wimbledon. It's also on trend with the nude look and lace. I think she looks great.

As for James and his beard . . . it makes him look mature and quite handsome I think. Besides, he has had it for so long, I forget what he looked like before.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

I like the dress too, but I generally like everything Self-Portrait.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I'm going to be contrary today . . . I think Pippa's dress is very pretty. I like the color and it looks cool and fresh in the 85 degree weather at Wimbledon. It's also on trend with the nude look and lace. I think she looks great.

As for James and his beard . . . it makes him look mature and quite handsome I think. Besides, he has had it for so long, I forget what he looked like before.
I love it too. I immediately went online to see the price, which I knew was out of my range to begin with. It is GORGEOUS!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Count me as liking the dress! Those lacy cover dresses are ideal for hot weather. One can dress pretty skimpy underneath, get the benefit of the air (and sun) on one's skin, but still look fully dressed. The other aspect I like is one can change colors with the 'underdress' between different wearings. Possibilities are endless. I don't know what the set-up is with that dress but that's how I see those kind of dresses. Love them!