Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love her dress there....what kind of watch is that, anyone know?

LaRae

Rolex oyster perpetual

https://www.rolex.com/watches/oyster-perpetual.html

Like her sister, Pippa also has a Cartier. And according to DM, she has the higher end Cartier of the two sisters. She was seen in the cartier around engagement. Kate's, which is said to be a gift from William, is worth slightly less than £5000 while Pippas is slightly less than £15,000.

Leave it to DM to make it a competition between sisters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...piece-50-cut-diamonds-18-carat-pink-gold.html

As for a graduation gift...Kate has a tissot watch that she wore since at least 2005. Possibly the watch people think was graduation gift.

https://katemiddletonjewelry.com/2015/06/19/tissot-watch/

Last edited:
Really like the dress! :flowers: But now I'm out. It's feeling too intrusive. Poor kids. Especially the way they focussed on every flip of that dress, zeroing in on her body part. No. :sad: The DM is crossing a line. Pippa doesn't 'deserve' that scrutiny.

The kids are 33 and 41! :lol:

The DM was probably hoping to get a Kate moment, Pippa is now older than Kate was then, and possibly more self aware.

The kids are 33 and 41! :lol:

I could have easily said 'Poor guys.' :flowers: It was a turn of phrase we use here in the US. Not meant to actually imply age. Just saying. Cultural thing maybe?

Rolex oyster perpetual

https://www.rolex.com/watches/oyster-perpetual.html

Like her sister, Pippa also has a Cartier. And according to DM, she has the higher end Cartier of the two sisters. She was seen in the cartier around engagement. Kate's, which is said to be a gift from William, is worth slightly less than £5000 while Pippas is slightly less than £15,000.

Leave it to DM to make it a competition between sisters.

Pippa Middleton wears more expensive Cartier watch than Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online

As for a graduation gift...Kate has a tissot watch that she wore since at least 2005. Possibly the watch people think was graduation gift.

https://katemiddletonjewelry.com/2015/06/19/tissot-watch/

Ah thanks! I prefer the Tissot myself.

LaRae

I could have easily said 'Poor guys.' :flowers: It was a turn of phrase we use here in the US. Not meant to actually imply age. Just saying. Cultural thing maybe?

Yeah we do the same thing....we refer to our children (28, 31 and 32) as kids..and that includes all their friends and the children of our friends etc.

LaRae

First time truly jealous of the trip. May not be as impressive as great barrier, but whale sharks :eek: I would love to swim with them. Super jealous. Closest I came to a shark in Australia was from a boat in the whitsundays or off Indian head on Fraser Island. Though a little reef shark did swim right by us in Fiji when swimming off Survivor island.

I so wish I was Pippa swimming there. Amazing :sad:

Amazing honeymoon.:) :) They are doing all sorts of adventurous stuff in between lounging on the beach. Sounds like perfection to me, except for the photographers and reporters interfering.:sad:

if this has been answered already, can someone point me to the # of the post so I can read up on it. If not, has anything been posted on the tiara that Pippa was wearing for the wedding?? Was it real? Or just a bridal tiara?? If it was real, does anyone know of it's history? or was it custom made for her by her parents like Kate's wedding earrings???

The swedish tabloid Expressen claims that Pippa and James will arrive in Stockholm today, to finish off their own honeymoon by attending a high society wedding here this weekend. It's Anna Ridderstad and Jöns Bartholdson - who is a friend of both James and Pippa - who are getting married in Stockholm. I have no idea if this is true, but I'm sure we will find out.

Nygifta Pippa Middletonkommer till Sverige för lyxbröllop | Kungligt | Expressen

Nothing like taking a honeymoon with several million of your 'closest friends' following along! LOL

LaRae

I find it totally sickening that James and Pippa's honeymoon had been interrupted by the media. They should've been left alone on day 1 of their honeymoon. I'm now wondering if any legal action will be taken down the road? Because they've been followed continuously.

I find it totally sickening that James and Pippa's honeymoon had been interrupted by the media. They should've been left alone on day 1 of their honeymoon. I'm now wondering if any legal action will be taken down the road? Because they've been followed continuously.

They have, but it's mostly in public places, so I don't see what legal action they could take.
It's not like photographers are breaking into their hotel room.

I just never seen so much interest in a couples honeymoon. I know there's a great deal of interest in Pippa, but everyone should've had some respect for her and James privacy during their private time on their honeymoon. No pictures, no postings and intrusion.

All this is very distasteful and I'm sorry Mr. & Mrs. Matthews had to deal with this horrible level of invasive treatment.

They have, but it's mostly in public places, so I don't see what legal action they could take.
It's not like photographers are breaking into their hotel room.

True. There is no legal action that can be taken since all photos were taken in public places. I also have a feeling there were only one or two photographers at a time bothering them and selling the photos to Getty and the like to be published around the world. It's a shame but what can they do? Pippa and James were probably a little surprised at the level of interest in them on their honeymoon. I don't think it will let up after they return to England. So far, they are handling it with style and grace and a whole lot of class, in my opinion.

The couple is handling it all well, but there shouldn't be anything for them to handle. They should've been left alone.

The couple is handling it all well, but there shouldn't be anything for them to handle. They should've been left alone.

The reality is that if they were dead set on being left alone on their honeymoon, they wouldn't have made plans to go to so many public places of interest. They very well could have booked a honeymoon stay at a private resort and then any media intrusion would have been a legal issue.

They chose to be out and among the people and do things that a lot of tourists would do with their honeymoon time. From what I gather, they weren't really upset or intruded upon by the photos that were taken. They know they are people of interest and decided to go along with the crowd and enjoy the places they wanted to experience.

I'm sure their honeymoon was memorable for them in many ways.

The reality is that if they were dead set on being left alone on their honeymoon, they wouldn't have made plans to go to so many public places of interest. They very well could have booked a honeymoon stay at a private resort and then any media intrusion would have been a legal issue.

They chose to be out and among the people and do things that a lot of tourists would do with their honeymoon time. From what I gather, they weren't really upset or intruded upon by the photos that were taken. They know they are people of interest and decided to go along with the crowd and enjoy the places they wanted to experience.

The whole thing is just bizarre and weird and I don't post nor look at the pictures. I just personally think this following of the couple on their honeymoon is wrong.

:lol: Yes, I think the couple had some very memorable moments on their honeymoon.

Well, we didn't get any photos of them on the Brando private island so, there's that. But, as you say, they wanted to do and see things on their trip that others do and see and so they were photographed. I'm sure the honeymoon was memorable for many reasons and the photographers were not one of those reasons. Pippa and James treated them like they were pesky flies. They didn't seem upset about it.

Actually, the pictures didn't bother me but the stories, especially at the Daily Fail, were sometimes nasty so I just looked at the photos and ignored the stories after reading the first couple. That's the problem with the DM, they have amazing photos but their stories are usually just awful.

Well, we didn't get any photos of them on the Brando private island so, there's that. But, as you say, they wanted to do and see things on their trip that others do and see and so they were photographed. I'm sure the honeymoon was memorable for many reasons and the photographers were not one of those reasons. Pippa and James treated them like they were pesky flies. They didn't seem upset about it.

Actually, the pictures didn't bother me but the stories, especially at the Daily Fail, were sometimes nasty so I just looked at the photos and ignored the stories after reading the first couple. That's the problem with the DM, they have amazing photos but their stories are usually just awful.

Actually there were beach pictures of them in swimwear in Tetiaroa.

The swedish tabloid Expressen claims that Pippa and James will arrive in Stockholm today, to finish off their own honeymoon by attending a high society wedding here this weekend. It's Anna Ridderstad and Jöns Bartholdson - who is a friend of both James and Pippa - who are getting married in Stockholm. I have no idea if this is true, but I'm sure we will find out.

Nygifta Pippa Middletonkommer till Sverige för lyxbröllop | Kungligt | Expressen

Yes, Anna was the woman in the navy dress walking next to Donna Air. I had a feeling she was involved with Jons from the way she greeted him in front of the church - he was an usher.

Last edited:
Actually there were beach pictures of them in swimwear in Tetiaroa.

Is Tetiaroa Brando Island?

Yes, Anna was the woman in the navy dress walking next to Donna Air. I had a feeling she was involved with Jons from the way she greeted him in front of the church - he was an usher.

I wondered who that pretty lady was next to Donna. I hope we see a photo of her as a bride. Not that I wish the paps would invade their wedding. That would be awful. Just one photo would be nice, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered who that pretty lady was next to Donna. I hope we see a photo of her as a bride. Not that I wish the paps would invade their wedding. That would be awful. Just one photo would be nice, though.

I'm sure that the swedish tabloids will keep an eye on the wedding, especially if the rumors about Pippa&James are true.

....and yes, here they are! They arrived earlier today (friday) and will attend the wedding tomorrow.

Pippa Middleton på romantisk promenad i Sverige med James | Kungligt | Expressen

Edit: two pictures from the article.
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/48/39/48398b1aa51340509b69c9772f462a40/16x9/680.jpg
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/00/1f/001fb52b8f694affb90f0cae843759f4/16x9/680.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a society wedding?

I would say so, yes. But the bride and groom aren't that well know to the tabloids. I've never heard of them before, and I think I'm quite well informed. Apparently not. :)

I wonder what the guest list will look like. Can we expect posh names, other than the Mathews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom