Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this is all a bit of light, very light entertainment, taking the mickey in a very Aussie way.. However, with regard to coverage you have to remember that Australia is a Commonwealth country. We get tours by the royals, front covers of magazines on them, BBC docos etc so I'd guess that per capita more people know who Pippa is than say people in the US do.

It's the foreign papers which are obsessively following them :ermm:

Australia it's local news from what I have seen. It's pretty common, when someone of some minor celebrity comes to town, they make the news. At least on a slow news day. Not surprising Darwin or Sydney local news covers it. The NT simply seems to share our sense of humor. They are poking fun almost as much at the foreign press as the couple. No different then the political cartoons we see. The reporters were making a joke about the daily fail and other foreign press who would have us believe the couple are bring met by throngs of reporters and excited crowds. Who hasn't wanted to make the daily fail look like idiots before? Not hard to do.

Smaller the town the more likely you make the paper. We made the little news sheet on one of the islands we volunteered on. We're not impressed when they sent out a photographer to shoot us in neon vests. But we smiled for it. Slow news day and we were news.

A few off-topic posts have been removed - let's get back on topic, Pippa and James, not the positives and negatives of the Australian / foreign media. If you wish to continue that tit-for-tat, please do so via PM.

It seems to me that the US website The Drudge Report and the German magazine Bilde didn't do too badly in breaking the news world-wide of Harry's first stint in Afghanistan.

The Aussie media is irreverent. That's just the nature of it. However, here is the Sydney Morning Herald's take on Pippa's visit and also on republicanism and a certain Republican President. 'We'll take Pippa's in-laws for now, thanks' it says.

A republic with a president? We'll take Pippa's in-laws just now, thanks

It's a big ring indeed. And I don't understand people who can exercise with jewelry on, it drives me crazy.

They would suit the healthy, active lifestyle of Sydney now I think about it.

Or the west coast of the U.S. I could also see them very at home in Colorado.

I always wear my ring but uh...it's WAY smaller than hers! lol

LaRae

Do Pippa and James have the PR rep that Pippa hired before her wedding with them in Australia?

Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 -

That's what I have read can't remember where I read it.

That's what I have read can't remember where I read it.

I read that too - but I think it was a sarcastic remark regarding how much coverage she had once she got to Australia

Well I suppose we will find out one day. It's been good PR for Sydney anyway they sure did pack all the best bits into a day or two most people would spend a few days doing all that. It's all settled down now anyway so if he was here with them he's likely to have gone home.

"Hello" magazine are saying Pippa and James have been seen cycling at Uluru, (Ayers Rock).

No photos - (though there are quite a few of them, from their time in the South Pacific, now on the internet - "ET", "Pop Sugar").

I wonder how long this honeymoon will last?

It's great to travel, but after awhile it's nice to get back home and resume normal activities, too.

Love her dress there....what kind of watch is that, anyone know?

LaRae

Reminded me of Kate's watch.

LaRae

I wonder how long this honeymoon will last?

It's great to travel, but after awhile it's nice to get back home and resume normal activities, too.

I think when you go all the way from England to the South Pacific, it's great to be able to see as much as possible while there, if you can afford it. Why not see parts of Australia? I know I would. Maybe neither of them have ever been to Australia before. I'm wondering if they plan to see a bit of New Zealand.

Reminded me of Kate's watch.

LaRae

I might be mis-remembering but, I seem to recall reading that Michael and Carole Middleton gifted Kate's watch to her when she graduated university. Perhaps they did the same for Pippa. It's a classic Rolex that will never go out of style so that would make sense.

It was never going to be a beach based honeymoon though I'm sure they did some of that on Brando. Still smiling for the cameras so not put out by press coverage so far. Pip looks like she is revelling in the Mrs. stakes, Mr. M looks like he is between amused and just putting up with it.

It was never going to be a beach based honeymoon though I'm sure they did some of that on Brando. Still smiling for the cameras so not put out by press coverage so far. Pip looks like she is revelling in the Mrs. stakes, Mr. M looks like he is between amused and just putting up with it.

If she didn't smile you would probably say she was "unhappy" and not enjoying herself. I think she's just trying to make the best of the photographer situation. Poor girl. Can't win.:bang: And James looks like a happy man to me. But then, I try not to make assumptions from a photo of a moment in time.

Exactly if she wasn't smiling, then it would be spun as trouble in the marriage already

Enjoy the honeymoon. Especially when you have gone as far as they have :flowers:

My only short trip was Italy for two weeks. It felt odd leaving so soon. I guess though because only time I was just a tourist. Other times I was either studying, volunteering or working. Off to Mexico for ten days at Christmas.

They both look happy which is all that matters, not what people think :flowers:

I quite like her dress.

I love her dress. I am also impressed at how she is very aware of the paps when holding her dress, very smart. Wouldn't they have loved a "money shot".

Last edited:
Do Pippa and James have the PR rep that Pippa hired before her wedding with them in Australia?

Curryong, why would they? this is their private and romantic time, i doubt they would want a PR person with them at all times. maybe she is handling the situation from the UK for them if issues arise, but i doubt she is present in their honeymoon.

I might be mis-remembering but, I seem to recall reading that Michael and Carole Middleton gifted Kate's watch to her when she graduated university. Perhaps they did the same for Pippa. It's a classic Rolex that will never go out of style so that would make sense.

Hmmm for some reason I thought William or Charles bought a watch for Kate too.

LaRae

Hmmm for some reason I thought William or Charles bought a watch for Kate too.

LaRae

Kate has a Cartier Ballon Bleu watch she wears--it was rumored to have been a birthday present in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom