Letters Patent Issued (Dec 31, 2012): All Cambridge Children to be Princes/Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marquess Middleton's suggestion was that anyone born 7th or higher would have HRH from birth and would lose it. I initially read the post the way you did and then did a re-read.

How is that different from what I spoke about?

Or did you typo and mean wouldn't?

Ah, okay. That makes more sense now.

Letters Patent- Duchess of Cambridge's 2nd child

I am very interested in titles and how are they are affected by the Letters Patent of 1917.

According to Letters Patent, the style of "Royal Highness" is reserved for all children of the Sovereign, grandchildren of the Sovereign in the male line, and the FIRST child of the first son of the Prince of Wales, which is Prince George. What do you think will happen when the new baby is born? Do you think he/she will be granted the courtesy title?

My personal belief is that they will styled "Royal Highness" simply because we know the Queen will not live forever (long live the Queen!). With that being said, the new Royal baby's grandfather will become King therefore making the baby a "Royal Highness" anyway. What are your thoughts?

There were Letters Patent in 2012 stating that all the Cambridges children will be Royal Highness and Prince/Princess. :flowers:

The Queen issued additional LPs in 2012 to cover ALL children of William so the new baby will be born HRH Prince/Princess.

In 1948 George VI had to issue new LPs to cover the children of the then Princess Elizabeth and she followed his lead to ensure all of William's children are covered but not Harry's.

Going back to 2012 it was announced on the 3rd December that Kate was expecting. The Queen issued the new LPs giving HRH to all of William's children on 31st December - or nearly four weeks later.

It was announced at the time of the pregnancy announcement (on December 3) that the child would be a Princess or Prince, although the Letters Patent were only issued four weeks later (on December 31).

Although the letters patent were issued on December 31, 2012, they were only announced in The Gazette on January 8, 2013.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/60384/page/213

Back
Top Bottom